Blizzard - They Should Thanks the Creators

B

BlizzScripts

Well, i can be wrong but blizzard realy should thanks the creators (map makkers) beacuse without the map makkers i realy think a lot of people should stop playing this game right?
Anyway, i never played the normal game and never liked it.
So i realy think without map makkers the w3 should be a null game.
Post Your Ideas:

R

Rikkator

No, we should thank them for giving us the world editor:/

and WC for that matter.

H

Heptameron

Heh. I bet if you took a survey a lot more people would be playing melee games than you expect... :p

After all, very few people buy the game for custom maps.

B

Burning_Drag

Lol, Buy the game for custom maps, what an idea! this is, first of all the storie of warcraft and all its magical grounds that are really important. And moreover (well, in my opinion), the cinematics :D :D :D

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Believe it or not, but I bought it for the campaign games :D I loooove following a storyline, and the Orc campaign in the expansion seriously rocks \m/

But in truth, thank the mappers? Backwards, buddy. Thank Blizzard for the Editor, as someone suggested.

Then complain that it sucks and you demand better :rolleyes:

Sud

"[If life=Dota] I'd have quit long ago" -- Acehart
Reaction score
Still waiting for blizzard to thank me for contributing to it's stinking wealthiness.

Blizzard is getting so powerful right now it's completely ridiculous. With WoW they actually have a "legal" means of laundering money, because nitwits actually spend real money for WoW gold. All Blizzard has to do is "create" some currency, sell it to the highest bidding gold brokerage (those people making 6 figure salaries for having people "work" (read: bot farming) gold from the game and collect it for them), and they've instantly fabricated cash.

I think you can easily say that any game where you can pay real money to get a ridiculous advantage rather than achieving it through skill and organization reeks of a newbie game. Thankfully, you can't buy aim or micro for other games, so it's limited to the (MMO)RPG genre only.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Sud said:
Still waiting for blizzard to thank me for contributing to it's stinking wealthiness.

I hope your kidding, because that sounds very arrogant.

Sud said:
Blizzard is getting so powerful right now it's completely ridiculous. With WoW they actually have a "legal" means of laundering money, because nitwits actually spend real money for WoW gold. All Blizzard has to do is "create" some currency, sell it to the highest bidding gold brokerage (those people making 6 figure salaries for having people "work" (read: bot farming) gold from the game and collect it for them), and they've instantly fabricated cash.

Ummm, how do they get the money from the secondary market? It's not like they're selling off gold and items.

How's this any different than Diablo 2? If you claim this to be true, then you should be also complaining about Diablo II. Oh wait, I forgot: No one talks about Diablo II, therefore no one complains about it. :p

Sud

Reaction score
I hope your kidding, because that sounds very arrogant.

You tell me. $60+ a pop for a game X many purchases. Now they want $20 a month. You tell me who's getting more arrogant.

Ummm, how do they get the money from the secondary market? It's not like they're selling off gold and items.

How do you know that? At any time they could use admin powers to create X million amount of gold. Contact the brokerages that deal in WoW gold. Sell it. Done deal.

How's this any different than Diablo 2? If you claim this to be true, then you should be also complaining about Diablo II. Oh wait, I forgot: No one talks about Diablo II, therefore no one complains about it.

Diablo 2 has no "market stability", or at least, not anything close to the WoW economy. D2 items at any time could "poof" due to hackers duping them. D2 items are subject to crap like rollbacks that could screw you. D2 items become obsolete at the drop of a hat. D2 items are only really good for the ladder season you get them on, otherwise, you drop down into the "uncool" pool of non-ladder players. D2 items are heavily farmed via bots, driving the worth of the items into nothingness.

I can only reflect back and chuckle to myself at the one moron I saw buy Tal Rasha's set for $500 on ebay. People with more money than sense. Gotta love em.

B

BlizzScripts

well, without mapp makers the world edit just would be a unkwon program.
if u ask for like 50% of players of warcraft (did u ever opened the world edit?)
he might say that never.
so thats why i post it, beacuse no one thanks the creators for it.
and also.
Ya, Alexander i bought the game for the camaping too :)

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
Custom game is for battle.net players to have a chance to experience new gaming. It is also used for ladder/melee/regular game training.

The point of custom game was suppose to be for player that got bored of ladder to play custom game until they felt like playing ladder again.

Mapmakers, like us, is a bonus. Blizzard shouldn't thank us because we are making the game for ourselves in the first place. If you aren't, then, well ur wierd. Nobody wants to do something for free for others... *stares at MasterOf#'s* :D

Well, just making my worthless point in a internet forum ;) :)

H

Heptameron

Sud said:
How do you know that? At any time they could use admin powers to create X million amount of gold. Contact the brokerages that deal in WoW gold. Sell it. Done deal.
How do you know they do that?

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
You could speculate they could; but no evidence that they do.

I don't know if a WOW personel can even alter the game like that. Could you imagine the trouble an admin would be in if they did that? Holy.

On the other hand, I often wonder where sites like Team VIP get so much gold to sell. Less they have a team of people working on it all the time. Imagine, playing a game you love, for money. Mmmm.

(Just remember TH and WET do NOT sell wow gold and items, we sell ad space.)

Sud

Reaction score
In almost any game I've ever played, RPG or action or otherwise, admins with the abilities to do so, and get away with it, did so - be it adding weapons/experience/etc. to their characters. So I personally would speculate on the laws of recurring history.

It'd be quite easy to get away with if you were high enough on the corporate ladder.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
SD_Ryoko said:
(Just remember TH and WET do NOT sell wow gold and items, we sell ad space.)

Sorry, this is off topic but

WET = World Editor Tutorials, right?

I thought it was basically the same thing... (TH and WET) I thought the tutorial site was an informative area of TH.net...

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Most sites that sell gold have a team which they pay to gather gold. I've seen a group of them grinding in the Burning Steppes a while ago when I was ganking on my Undead Warrior.

I remember about 3 years ago (I was only 9 :() I downloaded a maphack off Team-VIP that didn't even work and it gave me a spambot. Those jerks :p

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Why would Blizzard waste any more effort and money on Warcraft III and Starcraft and Diablo (besides keeping the servers up and running, probably in a closet somewhere) when they can get so much out of WoW? I mean, really - the only Warcraft III games you see in stores are the cheap Battlechests, and I doubt many people buy those. Warcraft III is falling behind in almost every aspect of gameplay - in profit-loss terms, there really isn't a feasible reason to keep the games up, aside from occasionally adding maps and a patch every 2 years, but for the fact that a lot of people would be angry if Blizzard discontinued Warcraft III. WoW is so much more profitable, considering Battlenet doesn't even incur a monthly fee (one of the reasons I bought the game - then again, it kills them in profit when nobody wants the game already and those who do have it).

Also, what's this of you wanting a 'Thanks' from Blizzard? Blizzard created the entire mapmaking community, and did quite a good job at it with the WE. It seems rather childish and whiny to ask for appreciation, especially with everything mentioned above /\. Without Blizzard, you wouldn't even be asking for thanks!'

About the WoW gold stuff --- they had an EQ2 scandal/exploit, didn't they, where that one guy found an exploit and made thousands (literally) with his friend copy-selling objects and getting cash from those companies?

A lot of the adolescents and 'professional gamers' want to succeed in the game, so some people came up with the idea of giving them the easy way out (it kills the experience, for me, but hey).

And I play quite a lot of games for the plot and environment alone - I love exploring and seeing new worlds. I play some old games just to see how the story ends. In Roller Coaster Tycoon 3. for instance, I just beat all the levels so I can go back and enjoy the views.

H

Heptameron

Sud said:
In almost any game I've ever played, RPG or action or otherwise, admins with the abilities to do so, and get away with it, did so - be it adding weapons/experience/etc. to their characters. So I personally would speculate on the laws of recurring history.

It'd be quite easy to get away with if you were high enough on the corporate ladder.
I want to see a proven time this was done in an MMORPG.

B

BlizzScripts

Shadow Fear: Well , i didnt creat any map, im saying for the rest of it.

Duwenbasden

Ver 6 CREATE energy AS SELECT * FROM u.energy
Reaction score
Well, Blizzard should thank us for making great maps and fuels the game going, and we should thank them for providing us with the most powerful map editor on Earth. :D

Ouily 200 posts! Now I can set the fireplace! :D

Sud

Reaction score
I want to see a proven time this was done in an MMORPG.

Sony Online Entertainment - Game Infantry RPG (Eol Alpha) - CSR Joe Nelson creates a max experience/attributed and all weapons demi god character and regularly uses it for his own amusement.

It's a smaller game, but a documented case.

Without Blizzard, you wouldn't even be asking for thanks!'

Without Blizzard, I'd be playing a different game company's game. Without me and uncountable thousands of people like me no game company would ever get off the ground (unless it was a charity)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.