Blizzard - They Should Thanks the Creators

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Duwenbasden said:
Well, Blizzard should thank us for making great maps and fuels the game going, and we should thank them for providing us with the most powerful map editor on Earth. :D

Ouily 200 posts! Now I can set the fireplace! :D

Wiseasser: Making good games?

WHEN WAS THIS?! ;)

Truthful statement: Yeah, that sounds good. +Rep for the random dude.

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
Duwenbasden said:
Well, Blizzard should thank us for making great maps and fuels the game going, and we should thank them for providing us with the most powerful map editor on Earth. :D

Ouily 200 posts! Now I can set the fireplace! :D

What? Blizzard should thank us (ok, map makers) for keeping a game semi-popular enough to keep them from shutting down servers, but make it a steady money black hole? The only reason why they don't shut it down is because the game is still too popular. If they shut it down, alot of people will stop supporting BLizzard.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Sud said:
some currency, sell it to the highest bidding gold brokerage (those people making 6 figure salaries for having people "work" (read: bot farming) gold from the game and collect it for them)

gah learn what the (read:thing) is for. Its for books and directing to another chapter..not showing someone a sinamyn

Duwenbasden

Ver 6 CREATE energy AS SELECT * FROM u.energy
Reaction score
Lord_Phoenix said:
What? Blizzard should thank us (ok, map makers) for keeping a game semi-popular enough to keep them from shutting down servers, but make it a steady money black hole? The only reason why they don't shut it down is because the game is still too popular. If they shut it down, alot of people will stop supporting BLizzard.

Ya, but it won't happen if they don't give us the Map Editor.

B

BlizzScripts

can they close the severs anyday?
i bellive they cant do that.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Don't think they can. What happens to all the people who plays the game and paid good money for it? They're screwed? Good luck making single-player maps for the rest of your gaming career?

Screw that!

DOWN WITH BLIZZARD!

Sud

"[If life=Dota] I'd have quit long ago" -- Acehart
Reaction score
What exactly is the internet but not a big book?

Read: http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q="bot+farming"&meta=

edit: They can't legally shut down b.net services for specific games for X amount of years (forgot the actual number or what they're at currently) because of claims made of b.net services made on the packaging (otherwise they'd get dinged for false advertising, especially since blizzard products are still being actively sold with that marketing on it).

They make enough on advertising to justify the cost of running b.net for the older games.

B

BlizzScripts

i thought they only could close b.net if they count users is low ,continuos.
but anyway.

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
DotA-Crime said:
can they close the severs anyday?
i bellive they cant do that.
Mabye not with WC3, but definatly with WoW, where the shut them down everyweek at horrible times. (like, 9AM-3PM EST for the servers here) mabye they fixed the down times now.

DM Cross

Reaction score
We're talking about SHUTTING DOWN the servers, as in stopping the game. Not down time to fix things, or because they crashed or something like that.

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
Wow, your really on-topic today. I'm feeling quite irrelevent right now? hello! how are you? What's your favorite pie?

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
If the WC3 user who hosts the US West server felt like being a jerk, he could shut the server down.

EDIT ~ Wow, Alex got his butt handed to him by Phoenix.

DM Cross

Reaction score
XXXconanXXX said:
If the WC3 user who hosts the US West server felt like being a jerk, he could shut the server down.

EDIT ~ Wow, Alex got his butt handed to him by Phoenix.

Bull. On both comments. Pardon me, but I believe you and I both know why I've been on-topic lately, Conan :p So have you, what little you've been around.

Anyway, wouldn't the person get in trouble without a good reason? I mean, tons of people on EACH server, one goes down, that ton of people are suddenly gameless. You're going to come back to work with "What, I was having a bad day! That's why I shut down my server for a day"

Don't think so.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Why the hell are you attacking me? I just said it was a good joke? Why me? Not him? Your just trying to start an argument.

Bull? My first comment was just pointing out that a WC3 player hosts the US West server, and you jump down my throat for it.

Oh, and: My post wasn't even directed towards you.

DM Cross

Reaction score
I wasn't trying to attack you, my bad. Needs more smileys :D

I meant to say that I've been "on-topic" lately, because of... Well, you know why :D You got the same PM I did.

And for the other thing, the server thing, wouldn't you get in trouble if you closed a server down "for being a jerk", or whatever? Don't you need a good reason, or something like that? Protocol, or ... Something :D

No arguments. Just a response :p My bad for the confusion, DAMN YOU, COMPUTERS AND YOUR LACK OF TRANSFERRED EMOTION! ;)

B

BlizzScripts

hahah its wear the trasnfered emotion ^^ sometimes i talk like that
"hey man stop that!" but what i realy mean was " hey man stop that :) :)"
with smiley it makes like im jokking ^^.
but back to theard :), as Im_On_56k said they can.. but if they do that
where the users from Wc3 Go? :confused:

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
the secret is unleashed...

Alex 'n Conan got pm from TH about staying on topic :D :p

ahahaha... uhmm...

I have no idea why I said that but w/e

The point is that I agree with most people .. -.-

B

Burning_Drag

what do you mean by "most people"? you think that WE should thank blizzard or reverse?

I think thank we should thank both :D : blizzard for having made a wonderful game with a wonderful tool (the W-E) and thank the creators to enable us to continue playing maps, like aos, hero maul, TD, and more!! And thank all the gamers that "prevent" the shutting down of all the B.Net servers :D

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
we should flame blizzard for ruining melee. honestly, reducing armour by 1 isnt much of a nerf to destros. and human towers still own. and bear/dryad is still retarted imba. and batriders got the wront type of nerf, now theyre plain useless. the batriders didnt need hp reduction, they needed liquid fire gone or nerfed to hell. and why buff necrowagon? it was only a nub cheese strat anyway...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.