Spell Blood Knife

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
This is an eye candied spell made from some of my creation :D

Blood Knife
Throws out a blade and splits them into small knifes to cuts the enemy.
The enemy being cut will keep bleeding and dealing 35 DPS.
Main blade deals 100 x AbilityLevel
Sub blade deals 50 x AbilitLevel

bloodknifekg3tv6.jpg

**The screenie is so hard to get and this is the best screenie i got**

Download Here:
View attachment Blood Knife target.w3x

I wonder if there are some bug in it...because the trigger is abit complicated and i would blur when i read it too. ==

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Code:
For each (Integer A) from 1 to 8, do (Actions)
    Loop - Actions
        Set bk_loc[2] = (bk_loc[1] offset by 600.00 towards ((Real((Integer A))) x 45.00) degrees)
        Unit - Create 1 wave dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at bk_loc[1] facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Add blade wave dummy  to (Last created unit)
        Unit - Set level of blade wave dummy  for (Last created unit) to (Level of Blood Knife [E]  for (Triggering unit))
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave bk_loc[2]
        Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_bk_loc[2])
For each (Integer A) from 1 to 8, do (Actions)
    Loop - Actions
        Set bk_loc[2] = (bk_loc[1] offset by 600.00 towards ((Real((Integer A))) x 45.00) degrees)
        For each (Integer B) from 1 to 4, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set bk_loc[3] = (bk_loc[2] offset by 400.00 towards ((Real((Integer B))) x 45.00) degrees)
                Unit - Create 1 wave dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at bk_loc[2] facing Default building facing degrees
                Unit - Add blade wave dummy2  to (Last created unit)
                Unit - Set level of blade wave dummy2  for (Last created unit) to (Level of Blood Knife [E]  for (Triggering unit))
                Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave bk_loc[3]
                Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_bk_loc[3])
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_bk_loc[2])

You might not want to create 40 dummies each casting 1 thunderclap.

It lags.

Either base your AoE spell off something else, or damage units via triggers, not via a spell.

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Don't take screenshots in full screened Warcraft, because it's actually not full screened and it's actually squashed :p
I'll edit with comments >_<

Edit > It happens so fast I can barely see what it does, and it's kind of ugly lol (especially when the blades break into pieces... blech)
Okay, some advice. Use |n for line breaks in tool tips, because my tooltip looks REALLY retarded. It has a bunch of random spaces everywhere between things and blech.
You should've just used the blade model file for the small blades too, because it looks like the grey blades break into green? Weird.
And it lags a bit when they split.

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
i had nearly finished remake this spell...but the only thing that stucks me is how to add a buff to it ....Anyone has any idea on how to pick every unit in a line?

And how come the shockwave spell cant add buff to the hitted unit?

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
> Anyone has any idea on how to pick every unit in a line?

You could do something like that (say your line goes off with a 200 degrees angle):

Code:
Set point = (Position of (Triggering unit))
For each (Integer A) from 1 to 10, do (Actions)  // The higher "10" is, the more accurate the enum will be
    Loop - Actions
        Set point2 = (point offset by ((Real((Integer A))) x 40.00) towards 200.00 degrees
        Set group = (Units within 300.00 of point2)
        Unit Group - Pick every units in group and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                ------- Damage the units at that point -------
        Custom script:    call RemoveLocation(udg_point2)
        Custom script:    call DestroyGroup(udg_group)
Custom script:    call RemoveLocation(udg_point)

Get the idea? The more you loop, the more it is accurate. Change the number "10" to deal with accuracy.

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
Arh !!! Thanks Dax

U Are Guiniess !!!
_______
Edit:
The remake version has come out !!

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
> Set bk_loc[3] = (bk_loc[1] offset by 450.00 towards bk_angle degrees)

You should use (Distance between bk_loc[1] and bk_loc[2]) instead of 450, as sometimes I shot my blade further than that.

> Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave bk_loc[4]

Shockwave makes the ground tremble. I suggest you base it off another linear ability, such as breath of fire.

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
Breath of fire is a linear ability?
i though it was a cone shape ability?

>You should use (Distance between bk_loc[1] and bk_loc[2]) instead of 450, as sometimes I shot my blade further than that.

Arent the distance is already be constantly setted on the object editor?
So wherever u set the point is as long as it is in the bk_angle ....it will shot a blade that is being shot to 450 range...

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
>Breath of fire is a linear ability?
>i though it was a cone shape ability?

Yes and yes.

>Arent the distances already constantly setted on the object editor?

Yes, you're right Gals.
Daxtreme must've got confused somehow, I figure.

One thing you should do, though, is use Breath of Fire as the dummy abilities like Daxtreme said, as Shockwave makes the ground ripple, and it doesn't look right with a couple knives floating through the air.

Apart from that, the coding is fine IMO.
When you fix what Dax and I said, this spell will be approved.

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
woah...long time no see ya tinki3..
So what i used to do is to set the 2 dummy ability to base on breath of fire will do?

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
but then how do i set the damage?
Breath of fire is damaging an area of cone...
Shockwave:
||
||
||

Breath of fire:
\ /
\ /
\/

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
> i though it was a cone shape ability?

It is, but by messing up with the Data values you can greatly diminish the "cone" effect.

Arent the distance is already be constantly setted on the object editor?
So wherever u set the point is as long as it is in the bk_angle ....it will shot a blade that is being shot to 450 range...

It should have been, but you set the Cast Range to 99999 so I could practically target anywhere on the map with my spell. But the blades went only 450 distance further, and exploded there. Looked bad, as the bigger blade went on its way, while the smaller ones always appeared at the same spot.

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
>>as the bigger blade went on its way, while the smaller ones always appeared at the same spot

Smaller one always appear at the same spot..!?
Means?

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
> Smaller one always appear at the same spot..!?

450 units away from the caster, as states the trigger. It should appear where I clicked when casting the spell, not always 450 units away.

X.Terror.X

Reaction score
wow nice looking spell its just very nice for GUI i dont see much things in gui like this they are often in jass and i understand it but cant make anything of it it helped me also with how i can use some gui triggers it is nice it really helped

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
oh....dax....u means like the spreaded blade should be spread in the Ability Being Target Loc ? lol something like that...

>terror
Thank n welcom

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.