AoS Blood Oath (Name Pending)

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Well,
I have been working on this Project for sometime (However, I never realy sat down and worked seriously on it, more or less, I worked on this from time to time, as a kind of Hobby). It is my Second Project I actually spent time and effort on. Basically, this game revolves around 2 Elf races facing each other, in a Battle for Dominance over a forest. It is a single lane AOS, which can be played by 4 Players on each Team. This game doesn't have Items (I can add some later on), but therefore it has vJass enhanced Spells, and each Hero theme has been worked out quite specifically (Meaning I took my time thinking about Skills that suits each and every Hero).
At the moment I have 4 Heroes that are ready to go, the fifth one is half-done. I had once 8, but I thought they were not kewl enough, so I did a complete overhaul some weeks ago.
Anyways, I plan on working with my Map intensivly over the next weeks. Unfortunatly, I ran out of Ideas, and I could need some testers, since I realy suck at evaluating my own Work :S
Special Effect Models and Models are made by me (excluding the Skin for the Demonhunter... That has been made by Darkholme in THW).
Here are some Pictures of my Terrain:
Terrain1.jpg

Terrain2.jpg

I have uploaded my Current Version of my Game, for all those who are willing to Help me =)

Also: Special thanks to Cohadar for his ABC attachment System and his TT Timer System.

*UPDATE*
- take a look at my Latest post

Attachments

• BloodOathProtected6.w3x
    498.2 KB · Views: 290

cr4xzZz

Also known as azwraith_ftL.
Reaction score
Great! I hope you finish this project, dude, I think the spells will be really interesting because, after all, they'll be made by a skilled jasser :p. If you need some help with spells (or anything else) I'll be glad to give you a hand ;)

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Thnx =)
BTW, I don't think I can mess my Jass skills with the very Best but... it's OK :)
About you helping me Code Spells... I'll come back to that =P

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Maybe you could give us more information about the map in a better format.

Use spaces, colors, bolds, fonts, etc. It makes it more interesting. :D
Is this playable (as in good enough to play) in single player? Because I can't host... but I'll DL it!

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
I didn't check out the map but...
if you have custom special effects you should show off with them in your presentation - not with this decent terrain.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Well, for an AoS (since you have to make it balanced), the terraining is actually pretty nice. :) Most AoS's with good gameplay have only decent terrain.

Anyways, I tried it out - well, the Dusk Assassin only. The map is a bit small imo. You can reach the half-point in like <10 seconds or so. You should either make the map bigger or make more pathways, like have trees and doodads blocking some parts, so there's less vision and more ganking! :D

The skills are pretty nice, for Dusk Assassin at least. Since it's not too much of a spam map, the appearing text for abilties is ok. The... I forgot the name, the charge thing that moves you 1050 distance and deals damage skill for the Dsassin (lol) is a bit imba. The cooldown is like 3 seconds or so, so you can basically spam it to escape and deal a large amount of damage over the "spam time". I like the Dusk Shield or whatever. :)

So, overall suggestions:
-make the map bigger or make more pathways
-fix some of the spells for balancing issues

Good job and good luck! :thup:

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Pretty sure I saw you in MMU clan channel.
Let me know when you need the coding for the heros, if you're the personw who I'm thinking of.
If you're not the person I'm thinking of, nice map and good luck.

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Well, for an AoS (since you have to make it balanced), the terraining is actually pretty nice. :) Most AoS's with good gameplay have only decent terrain.

Anyways, I tried it out - well, the Dusk Assassin only. The map is a bit small imo. You can reach the half-point in like <10 seconds or so. You should either make the map bigger or make more pathways, like have trees and doodads blocking some parts, so there's less vision and more ganking! :D

The skills are pretty nice, for Dusk Assassin at least. Since it's not too much of a spam map, the appearing text for abilties is ok. The... I forgot the name, the charge thing that moves you 1050 distance and deals damage skill for the Dsassin (lol) is a bit imba. The cooldown is like 3 seconds or so, so you can basically spam it to escape and deal a large amount of damage over the "spam time". I like the Dusk Shield or whatever. :)

So, overall suggestions:
-make the map bigger or make more pathways
-fix some of the spells for balancing issues

Good job and good luck! :thup:

Heroes have a movespeed of 350... Guess I'll lower that, so that you don't reach the middle in a second or so...
That Ability with which you move a distance of 1050 is called bone grinder i think. It doesn't deal that much damage, but with a bit of luck you can damage for a bit more that usual =P
I'll see what I can do about balancing =)

Anyone tried the Lich dude yet?
I have no I dea, what I can make for it's ultimate/3rd Skill... Suggestions are apricated =)

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
-Death count on the multiboard, and maybe the level as well. If you show the icon of the hero instead of the whole name, you can save a lot space in the multiboard.
-The bases are too large, cramp everything a bit together. In other words, move the main building in the center and remove those moonwells, buildings that serve no purpose shouldn't be there. That way you could also make the lane a tad longer.
-The creeping area is huge. oO You want to bring the focus on the lane(s), letting the players walk for half an hour just to creep is not a good idea. :p
-Casting range in the tooltips would be helpful.
-Passives are usually (well, always) the third spell of a hero. Making them the first or second ability is only confusing.
-Some of the tooltips are too long/confusing. I know it's difficult to explain spells short and simple. :p

Heroes:
-Triple Strike is lame. A simple click damage spell? Boring.
-Why has the Duskfall shield a knockback? Melee attackers kill themselves if they attack, that's why you want them to keep attacking you! Knocking them back is so counterproductive. And imo it would be better to turn it into an active passive that drains mana every second, like Immolation for example. The general idea is really cool though!

-Sage of Fire is... not a good idea imo. A spell that deals damage around you isn't useful for a ranged, vulnerable caster, since you want to stay away from your enemies.
-Meteor Storm is lame, especially for an ultimate! It may look nice, but that's not enough. :p

-Dread Coil is too strong since it can jump between two enemies back and forth. Should only be able to damage every enemy once, or reduce the damage at least.
-Doom's Spoils only increases the damage that you deal to the enemies? That's kinda stupid for an AoE buff. Should increase the damage for everyone.

-Elven Slayer is a retarded name lol.
-Two passives are bad. Very bad. Works only if the other two spells are spammable and interact with the passvies. (Here's a good exmple: http://gumunbah.pbwiki.com/Sand Walker_ , though that's kinda off-topic. =P)
I'd change the ultimate, it doesn't "feel" like an ultimate at the moment anyway.

-The passive of the "Lich dude" is pretty awesome. It should interact with all of his spells. You could make him similar to the melee Lich. His first skill already represents the frost nova.
The third ability could be a frost shield that increases the armor and damages the attackers.
And the ultimate a channeled AoE spell, that deals damage very 2 seconds or so (you shouldn't be able to perma freeze your enemies xD).

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Cool Ideas for the Lich Hero. I'm on it ! =)
- Sage of Fire: I see what you mean, guess I'll rework the ultimate, and think of annother normal Spell... Any Suggestions?
- Dusk Shield: Hmmm... I was thinking about holding off enemies... Never realy seen that from your point of view ^^
- Tripple Strike: Yeah it is pretty lame :p I'd change it if someone has any suggestions
- Dread Coil: I get your point there, guess I'll reduce the Damage by 10% or something with every Jump =)
-Doom's Spoils: Guess your Right in this case =P
- Elven Slayer: No Idea what I should call it xD suggestions?
- Elven Slayer's Ultimate: Yeah, two passives are kinda lame... Just couldn't think of something better... However, suggestions are appriciated =)

Expect an Update tonight containing:
- Multiboard changes
- Finished Lich Hero
- Removed Knockback from Dusk Shield
- Balanced Spells: Dread Coil, Doom's Spoils

Thanks alot 2-P =)

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
I'd love to Host, but since my Brothers and I share the Internet, I'd proberbly be bashed by them xD
They keep saying: "omg !!11! If you host teh game, then tis internet gets slow, so i can't playz0r !!11!"

Anyways, it isn't playble yet...
up to 8 players can play, and I have 5 Heroes done >.<
Need to rework some skills, and also think of a STR Hero...

Ideas, suggestions and critism are always welcome =)

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
So...
I have had time this afternoon and I was testing a bit.
The Lich's ultimate has a majour Bug (Hash collision size reaches 3 when combined with the passive and the Frost Nova thingy).
I have fixed this, but before I release the new version, I will first work on 3 Things:
- Need an Idea for a fire Mage Skill
- Need an Idea for a Fire Mage Ultimate
- Need an Idea for an Assassin Ultimate
- 'Elven Slayer' must be changed to something else

Until now I have fixed some tooltips and optimised some Code, cleaned up some glitches and balanced some things that have been suggested.

Ideas and comments are welcome =)

Prometheus

Reaction score
- Need an Idea for a fire Mage Skill
- Need an Idea for a Fire Mage Ultimate
- Need an Idea for an Assassin Ultimate
- 'Elven Slayer' must be changed to something else

- Flames of Oranom :|: A flame comes from the caster and rotates around him, slowing going further out. Caster can move, heat residue where flame has crossed.

- Solar <Something> :|: Large meteor shoots out towards direction, large damage, explosion at end.

- Death :|: 20% chance to do 900 damage or a 900 damage DOT or 5% chance to do 1800 damage.

- ???

thewrongvine

Reaction score
"Death" seems rigged.

Elven Slayer:
-Forest Swordsman

Don't exactly know the theme of the hero so...

Prometheus

Reaction score
The illidan dude from team 1 sucks. His spells could use a litte (lot) of work.
*raises hand* Need a coder?

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
good luck with this AoS project

for all AoS makers, read this please
Note: theres an AoS project before (not urs, i dont remember whos project is that) where i posted something like "good luck with the project", and after some week, the project was not continued and the author died, lol, just joking dude, just making fun

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
- Flames of Oranom :|: A flame comes from the caster and rotates around him, slowing going further out. Caster can move, heat residue where flame has crossed.

- Solar <Something> :|: Large meteor shoots out towards direction, large damage, explosion at end.

- Death :|: 20% chance to do 900 damage or a 900 damage DOT or 5% chance to do 1800 damage.

- ???

I love the Solar Idea ^.^
Flames of Oranom gives me a nice Idea...
I'm gonna work on those two abilities for now =)

Elven Slayer:
-Forest Swordsman

Marvelous ^.^ I'll take over that =)

*EDIT* Uhm, she doesn't wield a sword though xD

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    I ordered like five blocks for 15 dollars. They're just little aluminum blocks with holes drilled into them
  • Varine Varine:
    They are pretty much disposable. I have shitty nozzles though, and I don't think these were designed for how hot I've run them
  • Varine Varine:
    I tried to extract it but the thing is pretty stuck. Idk what else I can use this for
  • Varine Varine:
    I'll throw it into my scrap stuff box, I'm sure can be used for something
  • Varine Varine:
    I have spare parts for like, everything BUT that block lol. Oh well, I'll print this shit next week I guess. Hopefully it fits
  • Varine Varine:
    I see that, despite your insistence to the contrary, we are becoming a recipe website
  • Varine Varine:
    Which is unique I guess.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Actually I was just playing with having some kind of mention of the food forum and recipes on the main page to test and see if it would engage some of those people to post something. It is just weird to get so much traffic and no engagement
  • The Helper The Helper:
    So what it really is me trying to implement some kind of better site navigation not change the whole theme of the site
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.