Sci/Tech Bluetooth-powered StickNFind location stickers help you find things you've misplaced

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's the perfect gift for the person in your life who's always losing their keys - but you'll have to wait till Christmas 2013 to give it as a stocking stuffer.

A team of designers has invented quarter-sized stickers with Bluetooth technology inside that can track objects you're likely to misplace. You can attach one to the remote control so you'll never again have to search for it between the couch cushions, or attach one to your luggage so you'll know exactly when your bags up on the baggage carousel.

The tiny devices are controlled by a smartphone app that displays how far away you are from the objects you've tagged. Tap an object on the screen and that sticker will buzz or light up, allowing you to find whatever it's attached to. The app allows you to keep track of up to 20 objects at a time, according to StickNFind’s website.

The stickers have a battery life of about a year, and work within a range of about 100 feet.

The app also has a ‘virtual leash’ option in case you want to put a sticker on your pet’s collar, sending you an alert if they move a certain distance away from your phone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
I have a better Idea. Buy a shitty phone with prepaid that has everlasting batteries and hang it on your keychain. You can then call the phone and through sound it will reveal it's position ! :eek:

-OverpoweR-

Reaction score
I have a better Idea. Buy a shitty phone with prepaid that has everlasting batteries and hang it on your keychain. You can then call the phone and through sound it will reveal it's position ! :eek:

That option is probably twice cheaper than this Stick is gonna be ....

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
Everlasting batteries doesn't sound like a real thing to me.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
Will it help me find my phone?

if you put the chip in your phone's case or battery compartment, and then use another phone to find it, yes (within it's 100 foot range) - otherwise you are probably better off with some GPS-based findmyphone system

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I've personally adapted to having it hooked on a chain that I have in my ear.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Reading all of these posts makes me remember the times I used a phrase so well, people made it a cult classic.

"Dude, where's your car?" "Where's your car, dude?"

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Then again, Phones have no batteries ^^ They have akkumulators :eek: Which is kinda everlasting when you can recharge it.
They are definitely not everlasting. They are used up at some point too at which it is not possible to recharge them.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Then the word 'ever' shouldn't be involved.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.