Book Club - Book 1!

Which book?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
My copy is 113 with notes and such. Around 92 without.

trb92

Throwing science at the wall to see what sticks
Reaction score
Animal Farm... Shall sign it out from the school library on Tuesday (Next day I go to school, since monday is Thanksgiving), and start reading it then. Unless homework goes crazy, in which case I may not be able to read it.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
I read this @ school, well I saw the movie. :rolleyes:
It was quite intresting.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
It isn't, it tripped me out when I read it xD
It's columbus day though (I think) and some schools have the day off.

I'll try to get the book from school or a library xD
I really loved it and I'm sure I could help people understand little details.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
I've never read any of those books. O_O

I probably have but don't remember the title, lol.

Chao

Setting sail for fail in the sea of lame.
Reaction score
Weeeeell, November third has mostly come and gone!
I apologize for not posting sooner, but unfortunately I was, for some reason, under the impression we'd bumped to the 4th. REGARDLESS!

I have some fine opinion of the book, but first, I'd like to open it on up to the floor and see what the rest of the peanut gallery has to say :)

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
coincidentally animal farm is what my english teacher made me read before sem break. But hey life's weird like that. :nuts:

It was a good read. Especially how the animals are being convinced by the pigs that everything they say and do is "in the spirit of animalisim" when in truth the majority of their actions only benefit themselves.

Symbolisim between Trotsky and Stalin was very apparent in Both Snowball and Napoleon.

(Napoleon=Stalin,Snowball=Trotsky. Read your Russian revolution history people!!)

Chao

Reaction score
Having done most of the research for the Bolshevic "October Revolution" I think that it's stunningly portrayed in this sense... the animals are great symbology. I'd completely forgotten about that litter of puppies until... welllll... haha.
"Some are more equal than others" is just so powerful in truth, even in today's society. I don't forsee a time when it won't be true. I'm still waiting on others before I get into sticky details :p

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Better even the second time. The straightforward writing style is perfectly suited for this fable-like novella.

Benjamin was my favorite character because I felt he represented the cynical/intellectual members of society that knew enough to not get involved in politics.

Boxer, representing the middle class, brought about a very sad event for me when he was sent to the "knacker's." His blindly ignorant loyalty was depressing to read.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Reading it for the 2nd time was just as good, I still love how much of a diss it is to the Soviet Union and Russian Communism. I especially found it funny when they called each other "Comrade" :thup:

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
It's a really great book with awesome symbolism. Very true as well. I took Boxer as the working class though. They were worked excessively, promised a good life later on, but were later disposed of as if they were nothing.

Chao

Reaction score
I love the role of the dogs. I found they were representative of the obedient-to-the-end stylings of an army trained only to follow their master. The animals all had a sense of respect for one another, but the dogs were trained to have no feeling towards the rest; they were bred without a sense of the humane. Goes to show what the sharpest teeth (biggest stick) can do...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.