Book Club?

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
I think that 'genres' should be defined by the book club. Start on one book, then look for similar books, and that way you have all books about the same general ideas, and people can branch out from there. Genres are very general, and the only way to specify is to do it by example.

For example, Lord of the Rings : Medieval, good vs evil. Way too generic. However, someone who's read a few books might be able to find their book, and then similar books.

I personally don't quite like Genres. I'd rather go based on theme.

I like the idea, but I don't at the same time. The same theme might get boring after a while. I think branching out to different aspects would make more book clubs once people got interested, and would also group people together best who have similar interests.

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Or you could make it based on the leader's choice.. So you would post in the thread of someone who has similar literary tastes.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Well the reader, I think should have some knowleadge about the book and as for now. To make things less complex, I still think 1 Book Club for the Entire forum (for now) would help us keep our sanity (if any of it is left...)

That seems even more chaotic. Imagine the debate of either reading fiction or fantasy. Ew, I don't like that idea at all.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
There will be no additional forums added at this time.

Chao

Setting sail for fail in the sea of lame.
Reaction score
Well, like I said, I'd like to put my name in the ring for book club pioneer leader. What I was thinking is picking out three books (or starting a public poll) and then having the lot of us vote on which book seems most appropriate.

The sooner we start this, the sooner we can set a date and get reading! I'm looking very forward to it!

Of course, I'd like to be 'voted in', in a sense; don't want to be pushy about the issue, because there are certainly a number of others who would likely appreciate the opportunity.

I think we have a fair 8-10 that will be interested, and once the operation gets kicked off the ground, I'm sure more will join up. Honestly, I'd be perfectly happy with a pair of cohorts to read and discuss a book with. The fact that this thread got a second page the day after its inception says there ARE enough people interested to make this worthwhile.

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
^
What he said. Let's get this going as quickly as possible (if it's going to happen).

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Well, it'll be a few days before I get my library membership, as I'm a bit busy lately :p But i'll join =D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.