Bounce Attack / Line Attack

Tyman2007

Ya Rly >.
Reaction score
How do I make a unit have a bouncing attack?

Also, how do I make a unit fire in a linear sort of fashion,
as in how do I make the missiles go through to targets behind the original target.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
How do I make a unit have a bouncing attack?
This is just a guess, but it could work to allow your primary missile to instigate an additional Launch Missile effect on impact - I've never tried it myself, but I would be inclined to think that, without resorting to triggering, you would need separate Launch Missile events for each bounce action. The way I'm thinking about it would be...

Code:
Launch Missile (Primary) -> Impact Effect
Search Area (Primary to Secondary) with applicable fields, associated with Launch Missile (Secondary)

Launch Missile (Secondary) -> Impact Effect
Search Area (Secondary to Tertiary), same as above
A bit of a convoluted approach, but I'd be wary of reusing your primary Launch Missile and Search Area effects, as they may cause the effect to constantly loop e.g. Launch Missile A Impact -> Search Area -> Launch Missile A -> Impact -> Search Area, and so on. Validators linked to Behaviours could be one way around it, but they might cause conflict if multiple units (with your Bounce Attack ability) are attacking the same group, unless Behaviours are instanciated and a link can be established between the Source and Target units.

EDIT: Having slept on that one... I recall Hell TD having a bouncing attack on one of the towers... perhaps it could be far simpler than outlined above :D Perhaps there is an Attack Type available, or a pre-existing effect/behaviour that gives you the desired effect

Severon

Reaction score
For bouncing attack(though this wouldn't end up in a striaght line) there is the mutalisk attack

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.