Bounce Attack

mapguy

Reaction score
you have to go on on object editor and change the number of targets allowed.

the moon glaive is just a dummy skill, it does nothing.

using the changes in object editor causes some orbs to malfunction, but this is the easier way to make an attack bounce.

If you want to make orbs works on first target and not for others but still bouncing you have to trigger and this is hard.

If you want orbs to bounce and works on ALL target this is 100 times harder to trigger.

since you have only 20 posts I'll assume (I don't, correct if Im wrong) that you dont have that much experience, so, use first option.

Crazy_Dead

Reaction score
Lol? Dummy Skill, no.
It has 2 targets.( From Normal )

Please, post right stuff. You just wanted another Post... :p

mapguy

Reaction score
lol.

I think it's common sense that moon glaives are dummy.

since the huntress has in OBJECT EDITOR 2 targets allowed.

and the upgrade increases it by 1.

MicroSheep

Reaction score
Dummy Skill?

I think not. Yes, it bounces attack and it maxes 2 targets with moon glaive, but its not a dummy skill. its required, therefore a attack type.

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
This is the deal, the 'ability' Moon Glaive IS just a dummy skill, it does absolutely nothing. It's the "Upgrade" you research which does something...
The upgrade adds a bonus to maximum targets allowed.

@ SiorTapas: There is no direct way of doing this in-game, but in the Object Editor, just make the Weapon Type - Missil (Bounce) and change Maximum Number Of Target - 2 (Or more, of course ;)) and that should do it ;)

Crazy_Dead

Reaction score
This is the deal, the 'ability' Moon Glaive IS just a dummy skill, it does absolutely nothing. It's the "Upgrade" you research which does something...
The upgrade adds a bonus to maximum targets allowed.

@ SiorTapas: There is no direct way of doing this in-game, but in the Object Editor, just make the Weapon Type - Missil (Bounce) and change Maximum Number Of Target - 2 (Or more, of course ;)) and that should do it ;)

'Key, then. :rolleyes:

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
Komaqtion is right. The Moon Glaive ability has no actual effect. The reason for the ability is displayed as "required" is because the requirement fields in the ability's data is set to use that upgrade, making the ability automatically disabled until the requirement is met. It's only an illusion (a "dummy" ability), in reality the Huntress would receive the attack target bonus with or without the ability.

Blizzard didn't actually make all attack upgrades as abilities. Abilities such as Storm Hammers, Moon Glaive and Vorpal Blades are just placeholders. It's also strange that Blizzard chooses to do this with only some upgrades while other upgrades, such as Improved Bows, Ghoul Frenzy and Animal War Training, remain as upgrades despite them not being any different.

As already stated, the way you get an attack to bounce is with the Missile (Bounce) type of attack. If you want the attack bounce to be an ability, just set the maximum targets allowed to 1 and add the number of bounces you want with an upgrade.

gaskell

Reaction score
Sorry to rez an old thread but this is what I found when I searched.
I have been wrestling with this for hours and still can't get it to work. More info rather than less helps tho so heres what I have:

A custom hero map where each lvl you gain 1 lumber instead of an ability point. Heros start with no abilities, all are learned via shops.
1 shop for each spell/ability type (passive, activated/autocast, aura and spells)
So far I have a number of abilities (over 2 dozen) all set to lvl 10 max except stat bonus which has a cap of 100.
Everything works except moonglaive.

I edited moonglaive to 10 lvls (so on mouseover the hero's "ability" shows current lvl)
I changed the upgrade moonglaive to 10 lvls and changed "attack target count bonus - increment" to 2 and the "Attack target count bonus - base" to 2 (tweak later once its working)
When the hero buys the "ability" from the shop a trigger checks if the hero has it and adds it if they dont or lvls it if they do. I read somewhere that you need to have the unit research the upgrade to get that to work.
Code:
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
    If - Conditions
        (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to MoonGlaive
    Then - Actions
            If - Conditions
                (Level of Moon Glaive for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 0
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Add Moon Glaive to (Triggering unit)
                Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to research Upgrade Moon Glaive
            Else - Actions
                    If - Conditions
                        (Level of Moon Glaive for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 10
                    Then - Actions
                        Player - Set (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Current lumber to (((Owner of (Triggering unit)) Current lumber) + 1)
                    Else - Actions
                        Unit - Increase level of Moon Glaive for (Triggering unit)
                        Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to research Upgrade Moon Glaive
    Else - Actions
        Do nothing

Moonglaive purchase and lvlup works just like the other 2 dozen abilities I have. Now I need the upgrade (actual ability) to work giving the hero a bounce attack.

I tried changing all hero's to have missile bounce attacks. and max targets on each hero to 10

I just cant seem to get bounce attacks working. Not sure what I'm missing.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
You need to use "Player - Set Current Research Level" instead of "Order (Triggering unit) to research..."

gaskell

Reaction score
I changed the first order triggering unit...
  • Player - Set the current research level of Upgrade Moon Glaive to 1 for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
and changed the 2nd order triggering unit...
  • Player - Set the current research level of Upgrade Moon Glaive to ((Current research level of Upgrade Moon Glaive for (Owner of (Triggering unit))) + 1) for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
Still no luck :(
I must be missing something simple somewhere
I changed the upgrade to also apply max attack speed and movement speed with no luck so the fault must lie with the upgrade not being applied to the hero.

Solu9

Reaction score
In the picture I have linked is the default Moonglaive upgrade.

I have outlined the tech tree requirement because you need to change that (and could easily be forgotten) in order for it to work.

Furthermore.
The "Attack Target Count Bonus - Base" is the default upgrade and is where further upgrades is measured.
The "Attack Target Count Bonus - Increment" is how many extra attacks the unit will get each level.

I suggest setting the Gold and Lumber costs to zero (because you trigger the effect. Don't know if it matters but since you don't need the resource costs just set them to 0).
I would also set the Time Base to 0.

Edit:
Also. If you use a custom made upgrade you need trigger THAT upgrade and not the default Moonglaive upgrade.

AND make sure you have added your Moonglaive upgrade to the unit who is going to make use of it.

Attachments

• Moonglaive.jpg
    Moonglaive.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 396

gaskell

Reaction score
upgrade.jpg
I thought base was the starting number of bonus targets and increment was how many it added with each lvlup. Still even setting to 2 and 2 it should still bounce at least twice.

Solu9

Reaction score
Base is what you get at level 1. Increment is what is added to that 1 each level.

Did you remember to add the upgrade to the unit? Under the unit window "Techtree - Upgrades Used".

Edit:

Ah... ehm have you tried to change the "if" condition to "not equal or higher than 1" instead of "equal to 0"?
Im pretty sure the game does not count an none researched upgrade as level 0.

gaskell

Reaction score
I didn't add the tech upgrades used. Added that now to all my ranged heros (they are the ones with missile - bounce). Still not working.

The if condition checks the ability not the upgrade then adds or lvls the ability as well as the upgrade.
The ability is being added to the unit and lvled but the upgrade isn't. So it shows moonglaive on the hero and as I lvl it up it chages the lvl on the hero. No bounce tho tells me theres an issue with the upgrade or the applying of it.

This is really puzzling.

Solu9

Reaction score
Have you also changed your ranged units area of effect?
If not, take a look at the Huntress unit.
The "Combat - Attack 1 - Area of Effect (Full Damage)" needs to be more than 0. It is the range in which the bounce can happen.

gaskell

Reaction score
I knew it was something simple I had missed. I added area of effect full damage 300 and also max number of targets to 10. Not sure how I missed the number of targets.

Bounce attack is now working altho without upgrading at all. Now I just need to make it so default is 0 bounces until given moonglaive and increases as moonglaive is lvled up.

EDIT
Max number of targets is the starting amount. The upgrade adds to this number. Now understanding this it is working as it should. I changed the upgrade base to 0 and the increment to 1. now the hero that starts with the upgrade starts at 0 and once they learn the moonglaive ability lvl1 it lvls up the upgrade to lvl2 (1 bounce). The ability still only upgrades 10 levels but the upgrade has 11 since the hero starts with the upgrade at lvl1.

Many thanks for the help.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.