Bouncing Damage?

Chaos_Knight

Reaction score
Is it possible to make a bouncing Storm Bolt?

Like i target and, then it jumps to next target and third?
Thanks

//Chaos_Knight

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Chaos_Knight is from DotA right? So I'm assuming you play DotA. So I also assume you know about Witch Doctor, and his skill, Paralyzing Cask. If so, see that.

If you are asking how to make it specifically, it's just a simple homing spell which 'recalculates' upon hitting a target and setting a 'bounce integer' to + 1.

Trollvottel

never aging title
Reaction score
;)

That's a terrible way to code it hah! :thdown:
you seem to have understood nothing. i didnt say "use this one" but "thats how you can make it". he doesnt have to do it the same way, but there is shown how to make a chain spell.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I planned on making a chain system so you could just code a chain spell with a callback, but I never finished. I may continue it now.

Anyways, you could always just getting units in a range of one, kill those, then get units within a range of that one, and kill one of them, and so on.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Good projectile system shoudl have all the needed methods for chain spell. Its just that I dont know if theres any that good projectile systems released out there.

Chaos_Knight

Reaction score
Chaos_Knight is from DotA right? So I'm assuming you play DotA. So I also assume you know about Witch Doctor, and his skill, Paralyzing Cask. If so, see that.

If you are asking how to make it specifically, it's just a simple homing spell which 'recalculates' upon hitting a target and setting a 'bounce integer' to + 1.

What the HELL is DotA?

@Trottvottel
Converted the code, changed alot, and it's working awsome. +rep.

shiFt

Reaction score
your name is chaos knight... and you have the same icon in your avatar as him. hmm

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Actually thats called Chaos Warlord in icon file name:

ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNChaosWarlord.blp

The unit that uses the icon and this model: units\demon\ChaosWarlord\ChaosWarlord

is called Mathog, Orc Warchief, in object editor.

Chaos Knight indeed is the name that DotA uses for the hero that uses this model and icon.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.