Crime Boy tried to rape and then shot dead his mom 'for taking away his Call of Duty video game'

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
The jury in the murder trial of an Iowa teenager heard on Wednesday a disturbing 911 call in which the 13-year-old suspect admitted to killing his own mother after a failed attempt to rape her.

Crooks, who is now 14, was charged with first-degree murder and assault with intent to commit sexual abuse in the March 24, 2012, slaying of his mother, 37-year-old Gretchen Crooks.

In the 911 recording made on the night of the murder at the family's Osage home, Noah Crooks could be heard telling dispatcher Barb Michael: 'I’m not joking at all. She’s dead. I’m scared. I killed my mom with my .22. I don’t know why I did it.'

During the conversation, which lasted about 10 minutes, the boy repeated his confession several times The Global Gazette reported.

'I feel crazy and I know I'm not. I think I have some form of ADD,' Crooks told the 911 operator. 'I tried to rape her. I tried to rape her but I couldn't do it. Who tries to rape their own mom? My life is down the drain now.'

As Michael placed a call to deputies and sent an ambulance to the Crooks' home, Noah told him that his weapon is empty and appeared concerned that the officers might shoot him.

'I just wish it was a dream so I could wake up and I could kiss her and hug her,' then-13-year-old Crooks said.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
and then the media is going to be like "Video games makes people violent". What kind of mother buys her son a gun at 11 and allow their children to play a MA 15+ game. This is exactly whats wrong with the american society.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Doesn't make sense. Why'd the mum only taken that one game he had... Could've just taken away the whole damn console instead.

WildTurkey

Previously known as giv_me_rep
Reaction score
Two things to learn;

1) Never take away a mans games. For some of us that's all we have...

2) Possibly exercise caution when exposing children to violence. I am still petrified of the dark from the first resident evil game on PlayStation. hahaha

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
there is a reason why call of duty was not made for 13 year olds. yet the most parents fail to see the brutal content in these games.

mushroom911

I think I should change my avatar
Reaction score
This is horrible on all accounts. I feel mortified.
incidentally here in Yoorop cowadoodie is 18+ and I feel this is justified, people should really pay more attention to these things, also I can´t help but feel this had less to do with the game and more to do with some sort of momentary rage / passion / insanity.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
I seriously feel games are completely fine despite the age restriction, in this case, at least. It's the children upbringing that causes this. Who in the bloody right mind buys a bloody gun for the then 11 year old son?

iPeez

Reaction score
On the bright side. After all of these video games, I dont think I will be very horrified by a corpse or gore in general, be it human or other. Is this bad?

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Holy crap,that's beyond fucked up!. Murder your own mom and then to attempt to rape her, all out of rage stemming from not being able to play a shitty call of duty?

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Two things to learn;

1) Never take away a mans games. For some of us that's all we have...

2) Possibly exercise caution when exposing children to violence. I am still petrified of the dark from the first resident evil game on PlayStation. hahaha

This :D
It's always the same with these kind of crimes. It's the parents fault for not being able to comprehend the feeble and formable mind of a child.

iPeez

Reaction score
Yeah but, it doesn't really matter. what he tried first. It's totally disgusting anyway.
It is no doubt a MAJOR difference between attempting to rape > murder.
Than murder> attempt of rape (dead body).

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
It is no doubt a MAJOR difference between attempting to rape > murder.
Than murder> attempt of rape (dead body).
Is the corpse still warm? Because if yes then its a little bit more complicated.

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
With the right preparations you can extent your time by quite a lot. If you have much "business" left to do.

Hahaha :D I bet you always carry anti-aging creme with you ;)
If you're a minimalist, you'd take the best parts back home :D :D :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.