US News BREAKING NEWS: California Lawmakers To Debate Marijuana Legalization Tomorrow!

Failenx

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
>>I am aware that its used for medical purposes for some people and I'm not sure if i even like that idea

Marijuana is used for medical purposes to reduce pain for patients who are most likely going to die.

>>Go smoke your Marijuana or whatever you guys want see how far that takes you in life.

Marijuana doesn't effect your life.. heck, it isn't even addictive. This drug is no worse than a cig. The only reason this drug can be bad, is what people might end up doing when they're high. Oh wait, we already have something like that that is legal: Alchohol.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Marijuana doesn't effect your life.. heck, it isn't even addictive. This drug is no worse than a cig. The only reason this drug can be bad, is what people might end up doing when they're high. Oh wait, we already have something like that that is legal: Alchohol.

Qft.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
This is stupid!

The world is coming to an end wow. Cal will be full of retarded pot heads and fuck ups.

Okay kids smoking weed is not bad anymore. fucking retards

I get back aches from my condition and work, would I rather take a prescribed narcotic (like Vandyke) and have the chances of overdose? or smoke some cannabis... I get prescribed cannabis from my doctor but I rather just grow it at home and save me some money and not get questioned by officials when I have it in my car or if I smell like it at work.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Please guys, try to keep that on a friendly tone. I was forced to delete a couple, irrelevant posts.

Thanks. :)

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
It most certainly is! If you don't think that you are truly ignorant.:nuts::nuts:

No, it can be just as bad. I mean I smoke both, don't get me wrong like I'm saying I hate it, but it's not 'better' for you by any means. Everyone rationalizes that it is because you're not inhaling chemicals, but I wouldn't doubt that there's shit in it to make it more potent. But if you want to tell me that inhaling smoke that may or may not have random chemicals that aren't regulated is better than my Turkish Royals, then you are ignorant. I've seen pot laced with cocaine, LSD, meth a times, powdered heroine... all of which are way fucking worse than a cigarette especially given the amount people smoke at once.

I don't know what you're talking about but this definitely affects me...

I don't live in California... you don't live in California... it doesn't affect us unless you want to move to California, which there is no way in hell I am going there. I hate that state....

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
>>I've seen pot laced with cocaine, LSD, meth a times, powdered heroine... all of which are way fucking worse than a cigarette especially given the amount people smoke at once.

That's the exception though, typically if you can trust where you get it from (this is more common than you think) and you are knowledgeable about what it should look, smell and taste like then you definitely wont get something that laced with other drugs or chemicals. However yes, it can happen on occasion (another + for legalization :thup:)

>>Then it does effect your life. You want be high and you can do some crazy things. Isn't that right?

You're just basing your thoughts exaggerated governmental propaganda. Obviously it doesn't make you go crazy...unless you consider eating a whole pie of pizza and 2 bags of chips between 3 people crazy. :p

Varine

Reaction score
That's the exception though, typically if you can trust where you get it from (this is more common than you think) and you are knowledgeable about what it should look, smell and taste like then you definitely wont get something that laced with other drugs or chemicals. However yes, it can happen on occasion (another + for legalization )

I guess most people do transactions behind closed doors kinda thing. I've almost always lived in big cities (New York, Detroit, Baltimore, ect) and it wasn't like that when I was getting it, I walked down the street and found the first guy who asked me if I wanted any. But even here, I know that the people I buy it from don't grow it, so I have no idea what's happened to it as it went down the line. BUT... stop telling me my fucking cigarettes are bad for me. It's not a good argument for legalization, because it's also bad to inhale the smoke and fumes when I'm painting or welding. We better not let people do that without appropriate safety gear.

You're just basing your thoughts exaggerated governmental propaganda. Obviously it doesn't make you go crazy...unless you consider eating a whole pie of pizza and 2 bags of chips between 3 people crazy.

Depends on how high you get... and one time I did play with a low power tazer, had a big red mark on my face the next day.

Varine

Reaction score
-deleted reference to deleted post-
Anyway, I don't really have anything to say on topic so... umm... is it still going to be legal to get it without paying taxes? NO! Therefore mine is cheaper, take that California.

Matemeo

Reaction score
On the issue of laced marijuana: this is another argument for legalization! If you regulate it and control it you only ship out clean marijuana. As in marijuana having the ability to become as bad as cigarettes...please explain your thinking here as an any parallel between the two drugs marijuana is undeniable safer.

And if you taze yourself while high then you were either a) child who shouldn't be smoking period, or b) just ridiculously high. I mean so high that you left the ground and floated away. Which is not the norm.

And the inhalation of chemicals while painting or welding is nothing to sucking down twenty cigarettes a day, don't even try that one.

Varine

Reaction score

On the issue of laced marijuana: this is another argument for legalization! If you regulate it and control it you only ship out clean marijuana. As in marijuana having the ability to become as bad as cigarettes...please explain your thinking here as an any parallel between the two drugs marijuana is undeniable safer.

Except you're high... cigarettes don't make me high and therefore I can drive. I mean I drive just fine high, but fuck there are a lot of people that can't.

And if you taze yourself while high then you were either a) child who shouldn't be smoking period, or b) just ridiculously high. I mean so high that you left the ground and floated away. Which is not the norm.

Or... you're just boring? I don't think you would be very fun to smoke or drink with if you're not willing to have some fun. What do you do, play video games and pass out? Besides it felt cool at the time.

And the inhalation of chemicals while painting or welding is nothing to sucking down twenty cigarettes a day, don't even try that one.

It is when you're sitting in a shop for ten hours a day welding using a shitload of weird metals. Which is what I did and would like to find another job doing.

Varine

Reaction score
I will remember to take the bus in California so I can avoid the roads if this is passed.

At least at night anyways. =/

Because that bus driver don't smoke pot ever... I would get a pocket bike and drive on the sidewalk.

Matemeo

Reaction score

Except you're high... cigarettes don't make me high and therefore I can drive. I mean I drive just fine high, but fuck there are a lot of people that can't.

Or... you're just boring? I don't think you would be very fun to smoke or drink with if you're not willing to have some fun. What do you do, play video games and pass out? Besides it felt cool at the time.

It is when you're sitting in a shop for ten hours a day welding using a shitload of weird metals. Which is what I did and would like to find another job doing.

And hopefully when legalized it'll still be illegal to drive high, so it's a moot point. Don't drive when high, it's a responsibility issue.

There is a difference between having fun, and being childish. And for your information I do a large variety of things high, the usual is to get friends and gf together bake and then mob around town finding shit to do. Though playing Smash Bros with your friends high is amazingly fun.

The point isn't that inhaling those fumes/chemicals from working isn't dangerous, it's that in comparison to tobacco it's relatively harmless. This is also slightly off-topic.

To add another point, it's ludicrous that cigarettes are taxed and regulated while they are at the same time proven to cause thousands of deaths every year due to various types of cancers. And tobacco is physically habit-forming. Marijuana is not, where is the logic in this?

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
I will remember to take the bus in California so I can avoid the roads if this is passed.

At least at night anyways. =/

Driving high is FAR safer than driving drunk, and guess what! Tons of people do that everyday, all the time. Why don't you get a bus pass now? ;)

I don't smoke, but I'm for legalization. It will put a nice helping hand on things like lacing weed with LSD and other hard drugs, and make people less likely to buy hard drugs like LSD, Heroin, Meth, ect. because they're not there when you're buying your weed, and flat out end a lot of crimes over this.

Oh, and R 3 T R O, you need to lay off the government propaganda, because a lot of the stuff they tell you is bullshit to make you steer away from it. Having a few drinks with friends isn't bad, and doesn't make you a bad person. Now if you get drunk all the time, you might want to consider taking a look at your life. Same goes with weed. Don't generalize the drinking/smoking population by the few retards that abuse it.

Varine

Reaction score
There is a difference between having fun, and being childish. And for your information I do a large variety of things high, the usual is to get friends and gf together bake and then mob around town finding shit to do. Though playing Smash Bros with your friends high is amazingly fun.

I've been professional my entire life. I think it's fine to be a bit childish when I'm high.

To add another point, it's ludicrous that cigarettes are taxed and regulated while they are at the same time proven to cause thousands of deaths every year due to various types of cancers. And tobacco is physically habit-forming. Marijuana is not, where is the logic in this?

It's habitual the majority of the time (tobacco). Marijuana was illegalized to save the paper and logging industry because hemp was cheaper to produce, all I said was that it's not better for you than cigarettes because it's not; why are you making this into a huge debate? I tazed myself with a cheap little toy thing because it felt cool and we had nothing better to do, and it's not good to inhale any kind of smoke, there is no debate. It's all bad to inhale, get over it.

nabbig2

Reaction score
I've been professional my entire life. I think it's fine to be a bit childish when I'm high.

It's habitual the majority of the time (tobacco). Marijuana was illegalized to save the paper and logging industry because hemp was cheaper to produce, all I said was that it's not better for you than cigarettes because it's not; why are you making this into a huge debate? I tazed myself with a cheap little toy thing because it felt cool and we had nothing better to do, and it's not good to inhale any kind of smoke, there is no debate. It's all bad to inhale, get over it.

Inhaling marijuana (if that's what you are referring to) is no worse than eating a cheeseburger. Nobody has died from inhaling weed. Just wanted to point it out.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    I ordered like five blocks for 15 dollars. They're just little aluminum blocks with holes drilled into them
  • Varine Varine:
    They are pretty much disposable. I have shitty nozzles though, and I don't think these were designed for how hot I've run them
  • Varine Varine:
    I tried to extract it but the thing is pretty stuck. Idk what else I can use this for
  • Varine Varine:
    I'll throw it into my scrap stuff box, I'm sure can be used for something
  • Varine Varine:
    I have spare parts for like, everything BUT that block lol. Oh well, I'll print this shit next week I guess. Hopefully it fits
  • Varine Varine:
    I see that, despite your insistence to the contrary, we are becoming a recipe website
  • Varine Varine:
    Which is unique I guess.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Actually I was just playing with having some kind of mention of the food forum and recipes on the main page to test and see if it would engage some of those people to post something. It is just weird to get so much traffic and no engagement
  • The Helper The Helper:
    So what it really is me trying to implement some kind of better site navigation not change the whole theme of the site
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.