World British and French nuclear submarines collide

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
LONDON (AFP) - British and French nuclear submarines collided in the Atlantic Ocean earlier this month, officials admitted Monday, confirming an embarrassing accident involving highly sensitive technology.

Confirming media reports of the incident involving Britain's HMS Vanguard and France's Le Triomphant, Britain's First Sea Lord Admiral Sir Jonathon Band said the submarines "were conducting routine ... patrols in the Atlantic Ocean.

"The submarines came into contact at very low speed... No injuries occurred," he said in a brief statement to reporters.

"There was no compromise to nuclear safety."

Last edited by a moderator:

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
This comment is semi-related, but did anybody see that one X-Files episode where a mutant formed after being exposed to heavy radiation on a Russian nuclear submarine and then started killing people? That was a good episode.
/aside

About the incidence: oops!

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
wtf cant they tell there about to hit something *cough*dumbasses*cough*

In all fairness I don't think submarines are built to have windows... seems like that would be kinda risky when you get shot at... Also the radar probably just thought it was a whale or something

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Hmm... yeah, if I was the captain of a submarine I would say "Yeah! Lets ram this expensive nuclear submarine into that whale!"

Too many accidents these days... hmmm....

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
Hmm... yeah, if I was the captain of a submarine I would say "Yeah! Lets ram this expensive nuclear submarine into that whale!"

I detect a note of sarcasm in that... are you saying you WOULDN'T want to go whaling in a nuclear submarine? I dunno man it seems like it'd be one of those epic win dealies to me...

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Yeah that was sarcasm. lol.
On a non-sarcastic note, I think that even if it was a whale they wouldn't crash into it lol.

Also on a non-sarcastic note, I would love to shoot a whale with my nuclear submarine haha

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
Yeah that was sarcasm. lol.
On a non-sarcastic note, I think that even if it was a whale they wouldn't crash into it lol.

Also on a non-sarcastic note, I would love to shoot a whale with my nuclear submarine haha

Ramming it seems more awesome, as it involves head-on collisions, although a whale is so large the sub probably wouldn't do enough damage... could a nuclear submarine do sufficient damage to a whale just by ramming?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.