Broken Ages Mapping

Status
Not open for further replies.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Lately, a few of the members of TheHelper.net have gotten together to form a team of map makers. Such members include myself, BrokenX, Shadowy Fear and Malice-. While we love and are devoted to TheHelper.net, we also wanted a place of our own, for our maps and under our control. We've found this place in the BAM (Broken Ages Mapping) forum! Now, while the site is still young, we have a lot of faith that it will become popular, especially with new members. So please, look around and give a thought to registering! :)

Thank you
Alexander
-Waiting in a New Age-​

BrokenX

Reaction score
Yeah please go check it out really want to encourage people to register there :).

B
r
o
k
e
n
X

Demonfaze

8 yrs. Hell, it's been a long time.
Reaction score
Sounds cool!
Just a suggestion...
Maybe make it into only about two sections in the forum until the forum grows larger? This way people wouldn't think "inactive forum" right when they get in. If you see 100 threads in one section, it looks a lot more active than 10 threads in 10 sections.

-Demonfaze

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you kidding the way these guys post they will fill it up in no time :D

Looks good guys but I agree that fewer forums is better - when I started these forums there were 2 - Blizzard Help and Staredit.

BrokenX

Reaction score
Yeah we feel we are just trying to prepare ourselfs then go ring in the members :D, but I guess we are sort of in some way over doing it we are just trying to do something to get members ... :/ start off in a good direction or something if you know what I mean :).

B
r
o
k
e
n
X

DM Cross

Reaction score
Also, I think we mainly got the idea that perhaps news, games and stuff would entice people a bit more. As it is, neither of the current two maps are actually RELEASED, so we can't use THAT to grab members. So, go for the next best thing?

Alexander

BrokenX

Reaction score
Very true, I think we have a nice start here but we are just getting no luck in the long run so its not really worth the effort to put so much work, basically I think our hard work shows we are ready to make a professional site for ourselfs and we want our own world, but to be connected to you that would be very honorable, but we are getting no luck so maybe we should just stop? I don't know anyways...

BrokenX

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Websites take a long time to establish themselves. It is very rare for a new site to become popular quickly and those that do shoot to fame rarely stay popular for long. What I have found in my years of running and promoting websites is that you concentrate on one thing - focus in one area and try to make yourself good in that one area - then once you get that going expand a little and try to copy what you did the first time the second time, and the third time, etc. Of course not everything is going to work, and you have to know when it is time to give up on something - chalk it up to seemed like a good idea. I used to have a Warcraft 2 Battle.net edition forum that had a meteoric rise to fame and was super popular for a month or so - then I through a tournament - it all went to hell - and the place went from super active to a graveyard overnight.

Another thing I noticed, when you first get a site you are interested in getting traffic. Normally, when you stop worrying about getting traffic is when you start to get traffic. It takes time. Hardly anyone sees any kind of results in a week or even a month. Just my 2 cents.

DM Cross

Reaction score
I believe BrokenX is a little too eager for members! :p I myself wasn't expecting 1000 members in a week, or even a month! However, we ARE attempting to spread ourselves around to a few places, in hopes that we can get linked to a few cool sites! More info about this later.

Alexander

BrokenX

Reaction score
Yes, my plan was to spam around on warcraft III, well maybe more so post an ad about our site. I wasn't to sure of that idea anyways after. But overall I think its just a matter of finding a source where we can get good members that will come on a regular basis.

BrokenX

Malice-

Endlessly Known
Reaction score
As a member of the team, and one who has had 3 1/2 years experience with managing websites / forums, I have to agree on everything TheHelper has said. I think we should only have the two map categories and maybe a general and news forum. That way we can get some people posting in those areas, without seeing a ton of forums that have no posts at all. Other than that, the only thing that can really bring members is time. Plus, the release of maps, so that there is actually something for the public to talk about, will definatly be a big bonus. I haven't really discussed much of this with the team, but I will as soon as I get the chance. These forums, along with and especially Conan's, who I am also in alliegence with, will have their time. :)

DM Cross

Reaction score
OK, we shortened our categories at least, but kept a few of our forums. Also, here's some more news:

There is currently a poll going on for NAoW about a map feature. Read about it here.

We've got a good amount of news on the site, it's already been updated for today with two new articles. The articles are:
God Versus Science
and Job Outlook for Class of '05

Alexander

DM Cross

Reaction score
Whoa, Broken, since when did the site make people wait until we validate their registration? Did you make it do that, or is that default, because I thought I changed that...Oh well, I'll look at it in a minute/later at home.

Alexander
-Waiting in a New Age-

DM Cross

Reaction score
Well, I'm on a Mac right now and I'm not as experienced with these machines as I am with others, so I will check it when I get home. If I can't find a way to change it, then hey, I'm on both forums (this and BAM) most of the day, I guess I can check for validating members every hour or two! :D

Alexander

BrokenX

Reaction score
lol, those are more work like computers they are set up really good nothing wrong with them, just they arn't really made for gaming and I do alot of that so thats why I don't have one ^^.

BrokenX

DM Cross

Reaction score
Actually, Mac's are amazing for Graphic Arts types of thing, so I like them. However, I don't use them as much as a...regular? type of computer, so I'm not AS skilled :p So I just didn't feel like going around the forums and trying to fix anything on an unfamiliar comp. Now, however, I'm home, so I'll check it in a bit.

Alexander

BrokenX

Reaction score
No, I mean they are horrible for gaming, for work type of programs like word for example, and graphic programs yes they are perfect for that but when it comes to games I think the average computer owns a mac :p.

BrokenX

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.