Browser doesnt save Cookies anymore

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
So, im on Chrome and just today. A few things happened

1. I was disconnected from my wireless after i turned on my laptop (which was on standby) and i had to use my WEP to re-connect (i usually dont have to, it usually just logs on by itself) So i got my internet running again and...

2. My browser (Chrome) is no longer saving cookies. I cant use gmail since i lose my signed-in status due to cookies no longer being saved. And i get logged out of thehelper if i change web pages.

Trouble Shooting:

I installed the newest version of Chrome (Chrome doesnt update by itself so i had to go to www.google.com/chrome and download whatever version was up.

I also went to "Tools". "Options". "Under the Hood" and set the cookies to enable. That didnt work. so i just set everything to default. Still doesnt work.

Any help?

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Try another browser and see if it works. If so, then it's something with Chrome, perhaps theres an option to clear all data? Not sure if it exists, I don't run chrome.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Does it let you log in to places and stuff like that, but deletes the cookies when you restart?

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
kinda. I can log on to thehelper, then i log off if i change pages.

for google i cant log in at all

and for another forum, i cant log in at all

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
im using firefox right now, but it isnt working

When i log onto gmail. it goes into an endless redirect that goes back to the same redirect page.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Try reinstalling, something might have happened with both the browsers. While it sounds like it wouldn't happen, it doesn't take long to reinstall, so it can't hurt to try. :p

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Perhaps it's something to do with your windows temporary files folder ( TEMP Folder ). Did you change any settings, or perhaps install anything new?

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
i dont think its just me. none of the computers that are connected to my house's can save cookies

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
...Did you explain what you need them for?

My dad isnt stupid he has several degrees in computer and he sets up the internet for his clients. Im not sure why he doesnt think cookies are important >.>

Btw. im using a linksys router. I asked my dad why our cookies didnt work, and he said he changed the ID.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
If he has degrees in computer courses, he should know you've pretty much crippled your internet... :nuts:

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
this is wierd. im pretty sure cookies are the files your computer saves, and i keep logging off which implies my cookies are not saving. however.

CCleaner registered and cleared out 1.6GBs of cookies and other stuff (most of it was cookies)
Saving a password is considered a cookie (it should be) and firefox saves my username and password. i just log off. even with "Remember me" on.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.