BSOD, slow computer

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
I recently have gotten the BSOD for the first time ever while playing Wc3, i booted up a program ive been using for months/years and upon doing so, got the BSOD for about 3 seconds, before my computer restarted, so no i couldn;t read it in time.

Afterwards, my computer is now VERY slow on bootup, ~7 minutes to turn on and log in, used to be about 1-2. I've done a system restore to a few days ago, but it hadn't fixed the problem.

I'm not sure if its the HDD or what, as this was just completely random.

Any solutions?

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
what are your system temps? if they seem fine (all under 60º), then try prime95 and check that the CPU remains under that, and then try memtest86 as well - tell us how those went

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
They're all under 60.

During the prime95 test though, the system went above 60, varying from 63-69 degrees; but everything else still was under 60

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
How old is the computer? How old is the windows install?

Sounds like a standard windows corruption to me, doesn't have to be hardware related. If the computer is reasonably old and has some cheap hardware then it might be a hardware issue. Try scanning for bad sectors or do a memtest like slapshot said, otherwise tell us what you got out of it (You're temps are normal, under 70 is pretty much fine ^^)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.