Bug with 'Channel'?

Reaction score
I just started reworking an old spellpack of mine and since it contained around 40 spells, most of them based on Channel, I decided to use the ObjectMerger as suggested in order to make the implementation easier. It seems that the ObjectMerger does its job fine - the spell is created in the Object Editor without any problems (except tiny inconsistencies in the Options/Target Type fields). However, when I try to see the spell in-game it does not appear. It's as if the spell does not exist - no icon, no tooltips no nothing. This bug doesn't occur when the spell is normally created based on Channel and has its fields manually filled. Any ideas how I can fix this thing?
Another thing - I mentioned there are mistakes with the Options/Target Type fields. They both take integers as values and from what "Options" says the "Visible" option is 1. Using that value in the Object Merger line ticks "Visible" AND "Unique Cast", the second which I don't need. The same applies for Target Type - "Point Target" says 2 in the Object Editor but when used in an Object Merger line it puts something like "58" and makes that line totally useless. Solutions to this one as well?

EDIT:
If someone wants to try out the line I used, I'm gonna post it but it's a bit lengthy since it contains the tooltip and some other info to make it pretty...:
[ljass]//! external ObjectMerger w3a ANcl A00M anam "Chaos Meteor" ansf "[EEW]" aart "ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNFireRocks.blp" arar "ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNFireRocks.blp" acat "" aeat "" atat "" abpx 1 abpy 1 arpx 1 arpy 1 Ncl6 1 "robogoblin" Ncl1 1 0.01 Ncl5 1 0 Ncl4 1 0.01 Ncl3 1 1 Ncl2 1 0 aran 1 600. acdn 1 35. alev 1 amcs 1 200 arac undead ahky "D" atp1 1 "Chaos Meteor [|CFFFF0303EE|r|cff93ffc9W|r] - [|cffffcc00D|r]" aub1 1 "Invoker pulls a flaming meteor from space onto the targeted location. Upon landing, the meteor rolls forward dealing up to 260 damage per second based on Exort for up to 1550 range based on Wex. Deals minor residual damage to units that get hit."
[/ljass]

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
ObjectMerger has a bug with Channel like you found. Azlier says there's a hotfix somewhere on wc3c.net.

[edit] A quick Google reveals that "somewhere" is here.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.