Bugged sliding trigger

Handless

Reaction score
Whenever two heroes overlap each other while sliding, they both start going extremely fast. I have seen this happen in many maps with sliding, and now my sliding is bugged too.

Basically when the heroes are at about the same location, sliding towards the same point they will start going like three times faster.

The triggers have NOTHING that could be behind this behaviour. Each player has his own slide trigger for his hero. Each trigger moves the hero depending on it's current movespeed to a point with polar offset (facing of the hero) every 0.03 seconds.

I think this could be since the triggers move the two heroes into same location (which is of course occupied), and so they try to find the nearest available point, and so it continues. However all the heroes have collision set to 0. How can I fix this?

Handless

Reaction score
Already tried, and it causes more problems than it solves. Not to mention that I would have to rewrite 36 triggers, which would probably cause even more bugs..

DioD

Reaction score
just hook SetUnitPosition and vooala you dont need to rewrite anything.

then try to disable pathing, this problem caused becouse units push eachother when moving.

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
Additional suggestions:
Give the units Ghost (Visible) while sliding?
Instead of offsetting from the unit's position, store the previous intended position and offset from that? (So if the unit gets "jiggled" it won't affect the sliding.)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.