Building a Base After Unit Cast Spell

worldofDeath

Reaction score
So this trigger works for red but when I try to use it for anyone else it does not work(Share unit control that is)

Trigger:
  • Player Picks Demon Race
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to (==) |cffff0000Pick Undead Race |r(|cffffff00A|r)
    • Actions
      • Set PlayerChoseLocation = (Position of (Casting unit))
      • Set EveryOnesReady = (EveryOnesReady + 1)
      • Game - Display to (All players) for 6.00 seconds the text: ((Name of (Triggering player)) + |cff00ffff picked the|r|cffffcc00 |r|cff0000ffUndead Race|r)
      • Unit - Create 1 |cff000000Builder|r for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at PlayerChoseLocation facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to build a |cffff0000Undead Gate|r at PlayerChoseLocation
      • Unit - Add a 5.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Casting unit)))) the text: |cff00ffffCommencin...
      • Unit - Remove (Casting unit) from the game

It seems like it would work and it works for red but as soon as I try to do it for someone else it dosnt build it at all.

Carnerox

The one and only.
Reaction score
Trigger:
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to (==) |cffff0000Pick Undead Race |r(|cffffff00A|r)
    • Actions
      • Set UnitPicker = (Triggering player)
      • Set PlayerChoseLocation = (Position of (UnitPicker))
      • Game - Display to (All players) for 6.00 seconds the text: ((Name of (UnitPicker)) + |cff00ffff picked the|r|cffffcc00 |r|cff0000ffUndead Race|r)
      • Unit - Create 1 |cff000000Builder|r for (Owner of (UnitPicker) at PlayerChoseLocation facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to build a |cffff0000Undead Gate|r at PlayerChoseLocation
      • Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (UnitPicker)))) the text: |cff00ffffCommencin...
      • Unit - Remove (UnitPicker) from the game

Idk if that will work but i know trigger unit works better than casting unit, and Start the effect of an ability works better to. I did freehand so sorry.

worldofDeath

Reaction score
I tried that, for some reason it spawns the dummy(the one that builds the building) and then it just dosnt build it. But when i went to build it with red it works fine but i use blue and it just does not work at all.

Carnerox

The one and only.
Reaction score
So you want a unit that has a bunch of spells for buildings, when you click one it creates a building and removes the caster?

worldofDeath

Reaction score
A unit is spawned, in that unit it has a spell if the spell is clicked then it creates a dummy builder to create the building. It works fine for player red but i go to use player blue(useing shared controls) the dummy spawns but it does not create the building.

Carnerox

The one and only.
Reaction score
Rofl, try it using player blue. Instead of shared control and tell me what happens.

worldofDeath

Reaction score
nvm it works now i just moved some things around and now it works great. Thanks

Trigger:
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Unitpicker = (Triggering unit)
      • Set PlayerChoseLocation = (Position of Unitpicker)
      • Game - Display to (All players) for 6.00 seconds the text: ((Name of (Triggering player)) + |cff00ffff picked the|r|cffffcc00 |r|cff0000ffUndead Race|r)
      • Unit - Create 1 |cff000000Builder|r for (Owner of Unitpicker) at PlayerChoseLocation facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
      • Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Casting unit)))) the text: |cff00ffffCommencin...
      • Unit - Remove Unitpicker from the game

Just moved order and the 5 second generic expiration around and it works fine now.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.