Building a new computer! Need advice

Ilendil

Most Respected Former Admin
Between the Corsair 550W and 650W, there's only a $10 difference, should I just buy the 650W PSU?

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Staff member
Btw. Corsair is a rated a Tier 2 Brand as the Antec is too.
Antec has PSUs in Tier 2 and Tier 3, if buying Antec make sure its a Tier 2 brand.
That is a 500W, I suggest going for the 550W though.

Cilla

is watching you! Ahh, fresh meat!
It's $59.99
Lol they changed it again...
I made a ss of the 89$, before that it was 49$. I don't like this online-store.

The PSU I suggested to buy is rated Tier 2 but as I said, just take the Corsair.
Btw. I really doubt he would need more than 450W but it doesn't really matter anyway. ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • M Mulciberxp:
    My power has been off most of the last 2 days. We had a generator installed 3 years ago though, so we're staying warm. Water is another issue...
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Where I live has a pool so we are using that to get water to flush the toilets. We have enough bottled water to drink and brush teeth and stuff but it has been a few days and no shower though....
  • Varine Varine:
    I had some water in gallon jugs, and got our water back on yesterday. We don't seem to have any leaks, but I haven't crawled down there to look yet.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    still no water I cannot remember when I last showered now I know how they felt in the old west lol
  • Varine Varine:
    My poor plants are happy, they aren
  • Varine Varine:
    aren't used to going this long without water or lights or normal heat. I think a couple of them froze, but they look like they'll make it
  • Varine Varine:
    Well one of them is pretty rough but I think it was sick to begin with, that one always had some problems.
  • jonas jonas:
  • jonas jonas:
    ???
  • Ghan Ghan:
    That is such a Texas thing to say lol
  • midnight8 midnight8:
    a positive could come out of this. So many people trapped at home could put a dent in the covid numbers in Texas
  • Varine Varine:
    That dude, Tom Boyd, is really upset about the backlash from his "it's your fault you're freezing" thing because he claims he resigned before saying it, so it wasn't like he said it in his official capacity or anything.
  • jonas jonas:
    Almost as if he was saying "screw you guys, I'm going home"
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm fairly new here still but that seems to be the analogous message by several of our politicians.
  • vypur85 vypur85:
    Nobody?
  • jonas jonas:
    Hi vypur85, long time no see
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Hi vypur85, long time no see.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    We are all somebody
  • Varine Varine:
    I kinda like being nobody tho.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Voting for the NUON Controller Contest is open in the NUON-Dome NUON forum
  • vypur85 vypur85:
    Yeaaa! It's been a year since my last chat posting. Not that I chat a lot anyways.
  • vypur85 vypur85:
    Hope everyone is safe and sound throughout the pandemic.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think most of us that post here spend more time behind the computer then in places that we would catch coronavirus :)
  • Varine Varine:
    The bar I'm at is still requiring masks anyway, and most of the people that come there are pretty good about sanitizing their hands and shit.

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome