Intro
Looking for maps with,

- Lots of items;
- Lots of different heroes;
- Strategic gameplay;
- Teamwork;
- Confusing ability tooltip;
- Flashy abilities?

This map has all but the above. It's all about fun. Choose a Bumper Car and begin to bump other players!

Gameplay:
This game requires you almost no use of mouse and only needs you to press the UP keyboard key. Your Bumper Car will periodically spin and when you face your desired direction, just hit the UP key and your car will move. Try to bump as many cars to the corner and gain Score points before others. That's all. It's simple.

Game Modes:
Bumper Car:
Play the classical bumper car that requires you to knock your opponent to the edges of the map. Crash 4 cars ahead of the others and you get 1 winning point.

Bumble Bee Attack!:
Instead of bumping others, try to avoid them now! An aggresive Bumble Bee is being released into the arena! Run as far away from it. If the bee targets you, try to bump others to make the bee target them instead. You lose the round if you get stung 4 times (subject to change).

*NEW*
Bomber Car:
Race to grab the bomb! Once grabbed, you need 3 seconds to activate the bomb. During this period, you cannot move! Once activated, you have 10 seconds to bump someone to explode, or risk suicidal! Movement speed will be reduced while bearing the bomb. Be the first to achieve the win target. Sounds simple? Have fun! :)

Characters:
Dwarf Bumper:
Fast movement, Average spin rate, Average weight.

Diablo Bumper:
Slow movement, Average spin rate, Heavy weight

Undead Bumper:
Fast movement, Fast spin rate, Light weight

Orc Bumper:
Slow movement, Slow spin rate, Heavy weight

AI:
This map is equipped with AI. The AI are unnaturally pro =.=". I personally have hard time winning them. Their difficulty may be reduced in future release. Suggestion: Use 2 computer slots to test in Single Player game. Else it'll be too tough.
*NEW*
AI difficulty can now be adjusted. It's still in testing mode. Easy mode can be quite dumb at times. Bomber Car AI's are quite dumb. It's hard to code their escape pattern =.=". It's better if you play with humans.

If some of you may have noticed, the idea of this map is actually taken from a handphone game called 'Sumo Smash'. I've converted the game into WC3 style just for the fun of it :p.

Have FUN (I hope).

Screenshots:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Additional note:
*NEW*
I've added an Easter Egg in the game. You can get a new Bumper Car by pressing a specific combination of arrow keys. It's fast and easier to control.

Changelog:
v1.1 (9th June 08)
-Added another 'Total Kills' column in multiboard.
-Added Arrow effect to identify bumper direction. Thanks to OneBadPsycho.
-Added Win Target to enable Player 1 to choose their winning points.
-Added 'Pause' mode to enable players to chat and navigate game options (Subject to change in later version).
-Fixed some game text.
-Added song and sound effect.
-Reduced AI difficulty slightly.

v2 (11th June 08)
-Added a leaderboard
-Leaving players are being displayed now
-Fixed bug when player presses 'Pause' and then scroll camera angle
-Added new game mode - Bumble Bee Attack!

v2.1 (22nd November 08)
-Fix a bug where bee can sting consecutively
-Added some SFX
-Added 'Name Display' function by pressing DOWN button
-Added more tips
-Added runes to increase speed

v3.0 (28th November 08)
-Added new mode, Bomber Car
-More SFX
-Recode AI's. Difficulty can be adjusted now.
-Added Easter Egg.

v3.01 (28th January 11)
-Minor addition to Bee bump code to avoid immediate rebump bug.
-Made it open source.

Attachments

• Shot 1.jpg
    Shot 1.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 1,173
  • Shot 2.jpg
    Shot 2.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 1,112
  • Bumper Car (v1.1).w3x
    42 KB · Views: 356
  • Bumper Car (v2.1).w3x
    262.4 KB · Views: 403
  • Bumper Car (v3.0).w3x
    372.8 KB · Views: 440
  • Bumper Car v3.01 (Open Source).w3x
    448.3 KB · Views: 417

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
WICKED MAN NICE GAME, I just tested it, I loved it, doesn't lag on battle net ^.^

bananaHUNT

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
Amazing game! Multiplayer really works well, had a lot of fun with my friends! :D

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Unfortunately, this game does not have addictive value :p. You will get bored of it in time as there are not much variables in the gameplay. Maybe in future I'll add level up (to increase spin, movement range etc). Also have plans to implement abilities (stuns, slow etc) using the LEFT, RIGHT and DOWN keys.

Anyway, again, it's just a 'have fun' game. So please have FUN :).

Report bugs please.

And comment on the AI :p. (They're a bit gay, almost impossible to win >.<)

Also, I have a request:
Can someone kindly make me an effect <target> model which has an arrow which follows the facing of a unit? It's quite hard to tell the facing of the unit in the game when being zoomed and made into 2D.

Something like the below (something like the Trueshot Aura effect <target> but with arrows):
Code:
     ^
     |
   __|__
  /     \
 |       |
 |       |
  \_____/

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
I found the movement VERY awkward at first, I BEARLY managed to acually aim at sombody untill near the end...I get aim at sombody and CHARGE!! and it decides to change my direction on me just as I start going forward. Mostly I just wound up suicideing.

Besides the annoying movement, it was good.
  • Players should not spawn right next to eachother. Millions of times Ive spawned next to sombody and they instantly ram me off the map.
  • Maybe it just feels like it when im playing with computers, but it seems like we need more room.
  • I had to alt f4 to get out..
  • You should make the amount of rounds won taken to win the game be adjustable. A computer had won 5 rounds and nothing happened, Does it do on forever??

Overall a nice map. I think it would be much better if it was bigger and you could:
  • Upgrade Rubber (How far you bounce people away)
  • Upgrade Speed
  • Upgrade turn rate.
  • Upgrade health, and make it only damage and stun when sombody hits a wall instead? It would start out, of course, that it immeditatly kills you. The farther you were bounced the more damage you take, as well. And also, make the walls bounce you back if you don't die? That could make it fun.. =)
I also think that you should:
  • Make power ups and\or abilitys like "speed boost" and "Rubber sheild" (Bonces people whereever they hit you, not just if you ram them) and others.
  • Make it so your not constantly rotating..
  • It says "Orc Bumpercart has killed undead Bumper cart!" Maybe it should say "Daskunk (Orc) has killed Computer AI Insane (Undead)" instead?
  • Make the leaderboard show suicides seperate from death?
  • Make it so in the end it shows each players Total deaths and kills from ALL of the matches in the game? It resets normally, so you can't tell.

Anyways, Ill host it on b.net somtime today and see what people think. :) It might be funner that way, comps own too much.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Players should not spawn right next to eachother. Millions of times Ive spawned next to sombody and they instantly ram me off the map.
Will work on it :).

Maybe it just feels like it when im playing with computers, but it seems like we need more room.
Maybe it's just AI :p. I think the room is just nice. Too big will make it less fun. But lets see what others might think about it :).

I had to alt f4 to get out..
No choice. This can't be help :(. I probably will add an Esc button trigger to allow players to exit game.

You should make the amount of rounds won taken to win the game be adjustable. A computer had won 5 rounds and nothing happened, Does it do on forever??
Will make it adjustable :). Actually you need to win 10 rounds to win. It's mentioned in the beginning of the game and in Post#1.

# Upgrade Rubber (How far you bounce people away)
# Upgrade Speed
# Upgrade turn rate.
Will do :).

Upgrade health, and make it only damage and stun when sombody hits a wall instead? It would start out, of course, that it immeditatly kills you. The farther you were bounced the more damage you take, as well. And also, make the walls bounce you back if you don't die? That could make it fun.. =)
Not sure about this. May not use this idea. Health and damage would be less favourable because it may/will involve items and regens, which I'm trying to avoid. Besides, this map is map based on a game which I've played before. So, I prefer to stick with style portrayed in the game. It's called Sumo Smash :).

Make power ups and\or abilitys like "speed boost" and "Rubber sheild" (Bonces people whereever they hit you, not just if you ram them) and others.
Have plans :).

Make it so your not constantly rotating..
Don't think so. As I've mentioned, I want to stick with the game style in Sumo Smash. Besides, constant rotation makes it more random and harder to control which require skills. (eg. if you tap UP 2 times fast enough, you will change rotation direction instead of waiting for a whole 360 degree turn).

It says "Orc Bumpercart has killed undead Bumper cart!" Maybe it should say "Daskunk (Orc) has killed Computer AI Insane (Undead)" instead?
This is only true for AI's I believe. Your name still remains there.

Make the leaderboard show suicides seperate from death?
Hmm... Not sure about this. Because suicide number is not important. The point of having suicides is for tactical value. 'If you're trap at the corner, and there's no way out, what should you do? Of course you won't want to give away points to opponents, so just suicide.' :)

Make it so in the end it shows each players Total deaths and kills from ALL of the matches in the game? It resets normally, so you can't tell.
Everytime you gain 4 points, you gain 1 win point. And a new round will begin, and all the points will be reset to zero. Will insert the total kills and etc in future though. But those are not as important as runes and level ups. So, maybe not so soon :).

Anyway, the AI's are really insane. I suggest you to put 2 AI slots to test it out. 4 AI's will pawn you very very easily till you get frustrated :p. It's almost impossible to win. Will reduce its difficulty in the next release.

Daskunk

Reaction score
Maybe it's just AI :p. I think the room is just nice. Too big will make it less fun. But lets see what others might think about it :).
Yep, Just played it on b.net, and its fine. Comps make it seem like theres to little room becuase they constantly hit each other so much...

No choice. This can't be help :(. I probably will add an Esc button trigger to allow players to exit game.
Yeah, that would be good..

Will make it adjustable :). Actually you need to win 10 rounds to win. It's mentioned in the beginning of the game and in Post#1.
Allright, good... I did see that. Anyways, I played it on b.net, I won 10 rounds (Only one of them managed to win 1 round... lol.) so I found that out.

Don't think so. As I've mentioned, I want to stick with the game style in Sumo Smash. Besides, constant rotation makes it more random and harder to control which require skills. (eg. if you tap UP 2 times fast enough, you will change rotation direction instead of waiting for a whole 360 degree turn).
Well, After playing it on b.net I decided against this idea. It was still hard to control my car, but it was perfectly fine really. Comps just kill me before I get a chance..

This is only true for AI's I believe. Your name still remains there.
Yep, tested it on b.net, just like that with comps..

Everytime you gain 4 points, you gain 1 win point. And a new round will begin, and all the points will be reset to zero..
So, what if you DIDN'T win a round, but still got some kills? You can't allways find your score that way.. :)

Anyways, as you can't talk in this game, I have no idea what the other people thought, but I can tell you, there was a insane amount of suicides. Most of them seemed afk a large amount of time, too..

It was funner without comps for sure, though.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> So, what if you DIDN'T win a round, but still got some kills? You can't allways find your score that way..

You have you point there. Will add another column in the multiboard. :)

> Anyways, as you can't talk in this game, I have no idea what the other people thought,

:( Can't be helped. Cinematic mode. Sigh. It's a major flaw. I'll need to play around with the triggers and see if there's a workaround.

> but I can tell you, there was a insane amount of suicides. Most of them seemed afk a large amount of time, too..

LOL... That's because they don't know about the game and the fact that you own them make them feel frustrated and bored >.<. Just like what the AI's did to you :p. But, again, suicides are important. Anyway, I guess some suicides could be unintentional because it's very hard to tell the facing of the unit from the distance and angle. Confusing. Another flaw. :(

Daskunk

Reaction score
LOL... That's because they don't know about the game and the fact that you own them make them feel frustrated and bored >.<. Just like what the AI's did to you :p. But, again, suicides are important. Anyway, I guess some suicides could be unintentional because it's very hard to tell the facing of the unit from the distance and angle. Confusing. Another flaw. :(
Most of them sat still to start with. I kinda got free wins.

Why does it have to be cinematic mode?

A large amount if suicides were becuase of moving lagging, so they don't stop, and keep going into the wall, or they start to move, it lags and turns them to the wall, and the RAM into it...

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> Most of them sat still to start with. I kinda got free wins.

They don't know that they need to press the UP key :p. I'm sure they were testing the keyboard buttons etc.

> Why does it have to be cinematic mode?

Because I don't want the players to be able to click on the units. They can move them around or do dumb things with them :(. Besides, some of the trigger involves the use of commands like 'Stop' and 'Hold Position' for AI's. So cinematic mode was appropriate to avoid the players to mess with the triggers. And the fact that I want to avoid the scrolling when the UP button is pressed (Not sure if there's a trigger to stop this. Haven't noticed).

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
I tried it and I sucked big time, though I had my moments. It was strangely amusing and a really fun game acually.

Also I'm pretty sure you can exit the game with F10.

OneBadPsycho

Reaction score
And the fact that I want to avoid the scrolling when the UP button is pressed (Not sure if there's a trigger to stop this. Haven't noticed).

You can lock the game camera to the unit.

-Btw I wanna make the arrow for you, to point out facing. :)

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> I tried it and I sucked big time, though I had my moments

Lol... It's not you who sucked (even I sucked >.<'). It's just that the AI's are almost perfect in terms of detecting unit location. Try playing with humans. It should balance everything :).

> You can lock the game camera to the unit.

In fact, even in the cinematic mode, I already locked to a hidden unit. The main issue is still to avoid players to control the units around.

> Btw I wanna make the arrow for you, to point out facing.

Thanks! :)

OneBadPsycho

Reaction score
You can make a trigger which detects when a player selects his bumbercar and then automatically deselects it...

-and I will start at the arrow later...

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> You can make a trigger which detects when a player selects his bumbercar and then automatically deselects it...

I guess this wouldn't be the best solution. Selection event never fires instantly. Players can still select for a short amount of time. Using cinematic mode is still somewhat preferable though it has its flaws :).

> -and I will start at the arrow later...

Anytime you wish :). Thanks again. Hope it's good.

Daskunk

Reaction score
You can make a trigger which detects when a player selects his bumbercar and then automatically deselects it...
The action
Code:
Game - Dissable selection and deselection functionality (Dissable selection circles)
Wouldn't work why? :confused: I just tested it, it should do what you want..

OneBadPsycho

Reaction score
MUAHAH! I made it!

Here is the Arrow...

-It is white and uses ingame textures.

(Attach to "origin")

Screenshot:
1212942938_B4O0JrK3.jpg

Attachments

• Arrow.mdx
    3 KB · Views: 311

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Lol... Actually it wasn't what I had in mind (what I had in mind was trueshot aura effect with an arrow). But then, when I tried it in-game, it looks good :). Will use it. Will add a credit section (but still unsure where to put =.=)...

Thanks! Sorry can't rep :(. Hope someone else helps to rep you :).

Code:
Game - Dissable selection and deselection functionality (Dissable selection circles)
Will test it. Probably will remove the Cinematic mode. Need some testing to see how it looks. (Actually another reason cinematic mode was used was because it makes the game more 'arcade' like :p)

CEMEHbl4

Reaction score
vypur85
your map is broken...

1. i cant chat!
2. letterbox mode - dont allow me even to exit! to the battle.net window!!
3. only 5 players!????? its stupid !! more players more fun
make at least 10 players suport
scale down the models... - to fit all players

4. camera is too far...
5. I dont see if players leaved or not! no even messages!! ...

???? only 2.5/5 sorry
fix it all and 5/5 will be

good idea anyway

OneBadPsycho

Reaction score
vypur85
your map is broken...

1. i cant chat!
2. letterbox mode - dont allow me even to exit! to the battle.net window!!
3. only 5 players!????? its stupid !! more players more fun
make at least 10 players suport
scale down the models... - to fit all players

4. camera is too far...
5. I dont see if players leaved or not! no even messages!! ...
No, its everything on purpose...
-and does the map work? Then it isn't broken.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.