Minigame Bumper Car

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
Idea On How You could chat.

Ok i could be way off. and you may feel this is bad codeing but ill tell you my idea and you decided if it could work and if its a good idea.

Idea.
#1 some how make all the keys hot keys for spells. but you can only have 12 spells...

#2 Prehaps a few of the spells you could use for saying somthing. like one spell would say. Bring it on!, Wait Wait!, Good Job, I hate you. ect ect. but you could pick maybe 1-4 diffent spells to trigger 1-4 differnt things.

Hmmm overall i guess that doesnt help that much or at all. anyway i tryed lol

Cool game!

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Updated (a little bit).

i cant chat!
letterbox mode - dont allow me even to exit! to the battle.net window!!
Added a 'Pause' mode to temporarily fix those.

only 5 players!????? its stupid !! more players more fun
make at least 10 players suport
scale down the models... - to fit all players
5 players is considerably good enough. Anything more may lag the game. This map has quite a number of sliding triggers that run all the time. And the triggers are all GUI... Lags especially when multiple collision occurs.

camera is too far...
It's just fine. May probably make a dynamic camera movement trigger to capture on all units activity.

I dont see if players leaved or not! no even messages!! ...
Will be fixed in the coming release. Still learning on the player leave event.

your map is broken...
:rolleyes:

> rover2341
Thanks for the input and ideas :). Added a 'Pause' mode already though :p.

Thanks again Dask and Psycho :).

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
> Will be fixed in the coming release. Still learning on the player leave event.

Code:
Events
    Game - Player leaves the game
Conditions
Actions
    Game - Display message...
    Unit - Remove his bumper car

:p As simple as that.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> As simple as that.

Lol... Yeah, but I still need to figure out how many players availability and multiboard update. Some of the triggers involve player count. So, yeah, need some time to sort everything out. And I can't test it without real human players =.=. Sigh. Makes it even harder to configure...

Furberg

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
i just tried this funky game (singleplayer, gonna try multiplayer in a sec), its pretty sweet and i like how easy the game is but still unique. i just have one thing, you should add more comments when people die. like "Oh no, not that guy again!"

EDIT: multiplayer rocks dude. gj

another thing: Try and press UP arrow and while driving forward, press F10/pause the game, and then resume game/press F10 again, then sometimes the car doesnt stop driving. but what the haysack!

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> Try and press UP arrow and while driving forward, press F10/pause the game, and then resume game/press F10 again, then sometimes the car doesnt stop driving

You found a bug then :rolleyes:. Don't think this can be easily fixed. But it doesn't make much difference still :p.

Major Update!
Added an entirely different game mode! Bumble Bee Attack! It's an entirely different game style than the classical Bumper Car. This time, you are supposed to run away from an aggresive bee. If you get stung too many times, you lose. If you are being pursuit, then bump others to make the bee change target. This version can be quite unstable. Still many things need to be tested. So I need your help to test it in multiplayer game :). Please do reports any possible bugs.

AI's are quite dumb in this mode. It's hard for me to code the AI movement pattern =.=".

There are still few weakness addressed by Daskunk that haven't been fixed yet. Maybe in later version.

Have fun! :)

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
> > Try and press UP arrow and while driving forward, press F10/pause the game, and then resume game/press F10 again, then sometimes the car doesnt stop driving
> You found a bug then

I bet the 'driving' trigger is triggered when the player presses down the key, and the 'stop' trigger is triggered when the player releases the key.
You must've released your finger when you paused the game :)
Got the picture?

Furberg

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I bet the 'driving' trigger is triggered when the player presses down the key, and the 'stop' trigger is triggered when the player releases the key.
You must've released your finger when you paused the game :)
Got the picture?

i doubt that i released my finger, as i intense smashed it down :p.

> That bumble bee mode is awesome, i tried to see if there was anyway to trick that sneaky bee in singleplayer, but i couldnt :p :thup:

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Darkrae was right about the movement trigger thing. I guess it's quite unfixable (though I haven't tested the bug existence yet).

> to trick that sneaky bee in singleplayer

You can't. The bee always has a target. :) Unless I missed out something. Anyway, are there any possible bugs?

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
I hate bee, it follows me no matter what. I must say I'm pretty good at driving and I drove it so that it goes to others yet it only follows me. How do you win if you're targeted?

Anyway, pretty cool. Maybe you could make it so that people actually drive, like in a real bumper car. :D

Furberg

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Yeah i take a couple of skillszzz to evade the bumble bee. After some minuttes practicing i finally find out how to lose when targetted. Maybe you should make it easier to stop being targetted.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> only follows me
> find out how to lose when targetted

Once you're targeted, it will target you until a new target is found or till you die. When you are targeted, you need to bump others to transfer the bee target (hence the title, Bumper Car :p). But when playing with AI, sometimes the AI re-bump you back right after you bump them and you become the target again (direct bumps or bounces are considered as 'bump').

So, in conclusion, when you become a target, DON'T TRY TO RUN AWAY (you will never escape the bee). Bump others instead, AND THEN RUN AWAY. :p

And, in the beginning of the game, the bee always picks the nearest target to it.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
> Why does it have to be cinematic mode?

Because I don't want the players to be able to click on the units. They can move them around or do dumb things with them :(. Besides, some of the trigger involves the use of commands like 'Stop' and 'Hold Position' for AI's. So cinematic mode was appropriate to avoid the players to mess with the triggers. And the fact that I want to avoid the scrolling when the UP button is pressed (Not sure if there's a trigger to stop this. Haven't noticed).

Shouldn't locust work just fine? Or would it inflict problems with collision?
Also you could just do a periodic scrollback ( every 0.2 seconds, or what )

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Thanks for bumping the thread Sooda and Serra. :) I've decided to update the map a little. If I'm free, I may add another new mode. Have been very busy these days.

Have something in mind: Bomber Car! :p Should be fun.

> Shouldn't locust work just fine?

Locust will affect a lot of triggers, which will not be suitable. Anyway, it's fine now as it is. I'll just stick with the current mode.

Changelog:
-Fix a bug where bee can sting consecutively
-Added some SFX
-Added 'Name Display' function by pressing DOWN button
-Added more tips
-Added runes to increase speed

Link

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
please reduce the AI's capabilities by adding some sort of fault tolerance; Don't make them hit exactly at the right time, rather than that you should have them a certain chance to miss; just starting to early or to late a second.
Also, the up-key had some really bad issues -> it didn't start all the time; instead it just changed the direction in which the car was driving : (

EDIT: It was a really cool game anyway, but the AI was just too hard : )

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Updated!

New mode is added! Bomber Car. AI's now have difficulty levels, thanks to advice from Serra. The map is not tested thoroughly yet. Suggestions are welcomed. Bomber Car is a rather simple gameplay type of mode. So, give some suggestions to make it more fun.

Or you can also suggest new modes. :p

Most importantly, have FUN!

Map Download.

Changelog:
-Added new mode, Bomber Car
-More SFX
-Recode AI's. Difficulty can be adjusted now.
-Added Easter Egg

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
I played your game bumper cars and the controls aren't smooth, perhaps you should make it smoother? And when I first played it, I selected bomb mode and got no idea what is going on, perhaps display text to all player telling them what to do? The AI is really strong =/ since its a AI.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.