Button Question

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
Hello there,

I created a few buttons with the icon 'question mark', this buttons are passives
How do I create the 'borders' in the button just like the 'train marine' and 'build supply depot' having?

Is there anyone left on this forum btw?

MissKerrigan

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
What kind of buttons did you create? Are these buttons for abilities and stuff on your command card in the bottom right corner or are they created by triggers as dialog buttons?

If you're doing command card buttons and your borders are not showing up, it's possibly because you're using a custom picture that is non-transparent and therefore blocks the border. The solution is to make the background of the image transparent.

And no, there's no one left. The people replying to your posts are ghosts ;)

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
haha Siretu thanks for the answer

yes I knew it was about transparent and non-transparent I can 'check' boxes but I don't know where to find this

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
so can you tell me where I can find this option? I searched for the word 'transparent' and nothing shown up

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
It's not within the editor. I'm assuming you're using a custom image? You have to open the button icon in an editor like GIMP and make the background transparent. I'm not really good enough to guide you with that, but you should be able to find a guide for it if you google.

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
Is there anyone left on this forum btw?
Well, I'm lurking from time to time, and I am considering returning to the sc2 modding scene, but I'm very busy with both a full time education and a job in the weekends. Combine that with a very active social life, then there's not much time left for doing stuff like this.

I havent even had time to fix my gaming computer, which broke down a year ago:eek:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.