Buying Hero Abilities as Items

laxperson808

Reaction score
I read something like that... you add all hero skills to a hero but in the senerio at the top u go down to ability properties and u can disable or enable abilites for people.. but as stated unless u change the way the editor works you can only have 5 hero abilties.. i used BAKA's system in my map.. its simple.. it just takes forever.. (and btw glorn.. if u want i cud redo ur hero lvl system in gui)

rotten

Reaction score
This is most disappointing. Everything I've been suggested so far has come up short.

So the only way that works is:
1. To make an Engineering upgrade for each skill (1 level for ult, 4 for normal skills, to set up the button spaces which is an unnecessary additional complication - that part of the problem is already solved.) Also convert it to a unit ability.

2. Make a disabled spell book skill for each Eng upgrade to hide it.

3. Give all my heroes 5 dummy skills and remove their level point.

4. Give the appropriate spell book for the item being sold and (to acomodate my system) remove the item as part of the same trigger (already removed).

5. Give the appropriate level to the Engineering upgrade within the book (for non-ultimate spells) according (in my system) to the gold the player has left (set to 4 at start, each skill costs 1), so that it won't replace another bought skill.

I know how to do these things. Sounds "simple" enough :rolleyes:

Anyway, if I base my dummy skills off Tornado Slowing Aura, which never shows an icon, will the replaced skills have the same problem?

Reaction score
Engineering upgrade has 4 levels because you have 4 possible dummy slots to replace. Engineering upgrade has nothing to do with icon placement on the UI. Unless you restrict the order in which abilities are chosen, then you could probably change the system a little to have Engineering upgrade with only one level.

You don't HAVE to remove their skill points, but it's more an idiot-proofing measure. If you don't remove it, they will be able to level one of their slot abilities which they may not have chosen yet, which will in turn level the ability that replaces that corresponding dummy slot.

As long as you keep count of how many abilities have been bought, and which dummy slot needs to be replaced next so that you're not trying to replace a dummy slot that's been taken already, then yes you can do that.

You can use whatever you like for the dummy slots. Whether or not an ability shows an icon after it is learnt, does not change the fact that it WILL have a learn icon. I simply use channel because it is a blank ability, so I know that there will not be any unwanted side-effects.

rotten

Reaction score
Engineering upgrade has 4 levels because you have 4 possible dummy slots to replace. Engineering upgrade has nothing to do with icon placement on the UI. Unless you restrict the order in which abilities are chosen, then you could probably change the system a little to have Engineering upgrade with only one level.

You don't HAVE to remove their skill points, but it's more an idiot-proofing measure. If you don't remove it, they will be able to level one of their slot abilities which they may not have chosen yet, which will in turn level the ability that replaces that corresponding dummy slot.

As long as you keep count of how many abilities have been bought, and which dummy slot needs to be replaced next so that you're not trying to replace a dummy slot that's been taken already, then yes you can do that.

You can use whatever you like for the dummy slots. Whether or not an ability shows an icon after it is learnt, does not change the fact that it WILL have a learn icon. I simply use channel because it is a blank ability, so I know that there will not be any unwanted side-effects.

Indeed, the tornado aura can give dummy slow buffs. Well, it worked in the end, thanks. That is, after I figured out that I had all of my currently 60 spell books on 0 maximum spells instead of 5 :nuts:

I still feel... defeated, in a way.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.