Buying New Computer

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
Hello.

I have found this what I think is a very good site selling good computers at a very low price. www.boulevard.se (Unfortunely the site is in swedish)

Anyway, I have found this computer

Gamer medium 55

Processor:
AMD Athlon X2 AM2 5200+ or
Intel Core2Duo E4700 2,6GHz 2MB

Memory:

4096MB DDR2 800MHz
Hardrive:
500GB S-ATA 7200RPM
Graphic Card
Nvidia 9600GT 512MB (I can also choose an ATI one, and/or upgrade the graphic card)
And of course all the other nessecary components (except operating system). And this costs 4995kr for AMD parts (813,52 USD) or 5495kr for Intel parts (894,95 USD)

Now, my questions are;
Do you think it's price worth?
How good is actually that graphic card?
And the games I mainly play is new RTS games, WoW, and so on. So no need to be able to run Crysis on highest graphics. But I want this computer to survive a couple of years.

Reaction score
I would say no to this. Not only is the E4700 old, but your GPU might get bottlenecked by the CPU. I would suggest building your own comp. You could easily cut a few hundred dollars.

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
I would say no to this. Not only is the E4700 old, but your GPU might get bottlenecked by the CPU. I would suggest building your own comp. You could easily cut a few hundred dollars.

Okey, what about the AMD processor? It is cheaper and I heard it is better too.

Reaction score
Erhm. Im not an AMD person. But I do know Intel would be my choice if I had to make a decision.

Wargasm

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
AMD is just fine .

get a crossfire mobo

get a nice ati 4870 vidcard

add a second one if u have the cash

scales absolutly fantastic

Cilla

is watching you! Ahh, fresh meat!
Reaction score
The last thing I heard is:

Take Intel CPUs!
Forget about Crossfire!( If you don't want to waste money...)

I would suggest building your own comp and getting help by a hardware forum.

Reaction score
I can help since I built my new gaming computer. Crossfire and SLI is not necessary. Get an 8800GT

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
The last thing I heard is:

Take Intel CPUs!
Forget about Crossfire!( If you don't want to waste money...)

I would suggest building your own comp and getting help by a hardware forum.
Please don't post old-ish stuff.
I personally get all my parts from Newegg, you can find them elsewhere but thats me.
As far as video cards go, 4850/4870 are the best for you to get. Based on price/performance.
MB
That's a really good and nice motherboard.
AMD is coming out with an uber awesome new quad processor, go AMD/ATI. ;)

Cilla

is watching you! Ahh, fresh meat!
Reaction score
As I said it was the last thing I heard, ~ 1 month ago,
but since he wants a midrange PC and no uber awesome system he should take a Intel CPU...

Whatever, it's your money - personally I made the experience that a hardware forum helped me much more than TH tbh.

€:
So, does he wan't something upgradeable or as he said something that will last some years, whatever.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Well, speaking for myself, I get my information from "a hardware forum".
That MB is awesome. You can go ahead and get a mid-range rig but it allows you to upgrade to an uber rig.

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
Eh

I sorta disagree..with some of you guys.

Ya if you got some cash, and want a nice computer the cheapest why is often building it. But, if you want a computer thats cheap, can run all if not most of the new games (starcraft 2 for example) You can get a pretty cheap dell.

My next computer will most likely be a 300-800 doller computer from dell..depending on my budget.

But you want to have top of the line and pay the Top doller for the newest stuff. thats your call

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.