[C#] Roller Coaster Maker 2.0 (Open Source)

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
Roller Coaster Maker 2.0

What Is it: A Game where you can build and rider roller coasters.

Info:
A Library built in C#, that allows the user to build and ride roller coasters.
A Console Is Provided along with the library for usage, and testing.

The RCM 2.0 is open source, But the unity front end is not.

Current State: Testing Game Play

States Till Release:
  • Maintainability (Re factor Code, Report Stack Traces)
  • Main Menus (Save/Load)
  • Online Functionality
  • Ability To Grab Old Coasters from RC 1.0
  • Add Advertisements
  • Test Windows Phone
  • Release Windows Phone

Open Source: https://rollercoastermaker.codeplex.com
Unity: http://rollercoaster.dickinsonbros.com/Unity/Index.html?Width=1280&Height=800

REQUEST: Please Try the game in its current state, and give back any feed back of the flow of the game. I don't plan on adding features for first version, but making changes to the way the game flows or any issues that come up.

Unity:
1280x800.PNG

Last edited:

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to the end product (I never got around playing the WC3 map or the first version of it :(.

I have to say I appreciate the Open Source approach, I think there should be more good Open Source software out there than already is :D.

rover2341

Reaction score
K, So Still a ways to go. On the builder. But I got Alot of the functionality working.
I just made a small webpage version of it running in a console.
Let me know if it works, and what you think. Still work in progress :)

rover2341

Reaction score
Updated Console. Now (Even though i said i wasn't going to) it has a front end :).
Really just for testing, though. As all the code would run on the server. So if you wanted to ride it you would have to code that in JavaScript.

project4.dickinsonbros.com

Its missing all the auto fix functions, so they will fail any time they are tried to run. And missing get to finish area, and get to ground button, finish coaster tasks.

Builder is close to there. So likely 1 more week.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    61.1 KB · Views: 751

rover2341

Reaction score
Made Major update to Main Post, and DL For console and updated source control pages.

rover2341

Reaction score
the support beams arnt live yet, as its killing performance and only rending on one side and other minor issues. I think it makes it look better. But Figured Id post in update. as I been working on these support beams for a quite a while.

I am sure I can fix the performance. but I have to wonder if they make it look better or not...

Attachments

• supportBeamsTesting.PNG
    supportBeamsTesting.PNG
    748 KB · Views: 755
  • supportBeamsTesting2.PNG
    supportBeamsTesting2.PNG
    730.1 KB · Views: 775

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not a fan of them stretching horizontally to adjust to the space.
This way some of the beams look really fat and some look too skinny. It does not look realistic since you would usually build all support beams of equal width.

rover2341

Reaction score
hmm.. how else to approach this.
I dont think I can afford to render anything more then a plane. for support beams...

that means only 4 options

1. current (but prehaps better texture)
2. a full texture, that has no holes in it, making them feel more seamless
3. a more thin repeating support beam that is same thickness on all, so the tracks that are flat either have one thin on or a bunch of thin ones but all same thickness.
4. no support beams

k thanks for input

(added on a slightly improved texture, on image below)

Attachments

• supportBeamsTesting3.PNG
    supportBeamsTesting3.PNG
    917.3 KB · Views: 890

rover2341

Reaction score
Edit* Removed Flow. As its not reperstive of whats going on. I would have had to design this a bit different to make the vs automated flow charts make more sense. And If i had it likely would have been easyer to follow the code base at first glance. but meh moving on. spent 2 hours trying to change things only to realize it would take much more time.

rover2341

Reaction score
Roller Coaster Maker Is done complete. with all functionality. The WebGL Version Doesn't do the rider, but its in done.
Time to move to unity.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
So? Where can we test it? (the link in the start post does not seem to work for me)

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Does not work for me.
I am using the latest firefox version (29.0.1). I get a scene with trees and all, and I can move the camera, but the buttons at the bottom of the screen dont do anything.
Unless, of course, there is something else that needs to be done before the buttons have any actual effect.

rover2341

Reaction score
Your not the first to say that. It works for me on several computers, My Guess is the Three.JS WebGL Is Failing in some way.
Likely not finding the drivers for it to work.

Does Any of these work for you?

http://threejs.org/examples/#webgl_animation_cloth

They fall back on a few different ways. mine is only trying one. but its using three.js

Works on Firefox for me, But your not the only person to tell me this i have a friend that doesn't work in some browsers for him. But not sure Whats up.

rover2341

Reaction score
Ok, When you press the buttons it does nothing.

Did you try this?

(Left Side Click The Track Looking icon) Right Side Click The tracks?
I Imagine you did. It sounds like. Its not a webGl Issue but a javascrpit hitting my url and returning the data issue.
If you are able to try it in chrome, and press f12 and click console. it will give you a list of errors. You may have to reload the page. but it should give you errors there if not.
Ill build some more javascrpit logic to come up on the page if something isnt working. I am really uncertain why its not working. there.

*edit

Ill see what i can do.

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.