Call Of Duty: Black Ops Launch Trailer

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
No, I mean the guns don't sound heavy, don't feel like they have power behind them. One of my favourites in MW2 was the AUG HBAR, that was completely badass with kick and a real bang behind it. The variant on BLOPS feels weak by comparison.

id have to disagree. im not a fan of LMG's cuz of the reduced speed, and turning the AUG into the original assault variant gives me a higher chance of tryin to use it some time

There's also the problem of RC-XDs, I must've gotten killed a good 5 or 6 times in one match by those things. Worse than the damn Predator Missile on MW2.

could not agree more. its even worse when its a group of friends being like "hurdur i laek da kil so lets all spam rc"
i have more deaths from an RC than any other killstreak. its just so worthless its only good for 1 kill if even that.
advice though: run flak jacket. its what i have on all my classes now and ive reduced the amount of RC deaths by 50% because it can only kill you if its right ontop of you, and people tend to try to blow it prematurely.

and yes crossbow is epic :) i suck at it though so i have to get up close and personal and hipfire from point blank if i want a chance at sticking someone D:

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
im not a fan of LMG's cuz of the reduced speed, and turning the AUG into the original assault variant gives me a higher chance of tryin to use it some time
Er... what does the change in weapon class have to do with how the weapon should sound? o_O

Also, if that is your view, you missed out - the RPD with Grip was a killing machine :cool:. Extended Mags makes it even more awesome

advice though: run flak jacket. its what i have on all my classes now and ive reduced the amount of RC deaths by 50% because it can only kill you if its right ontop of you, and people tend to try to blow it prematurely.
Er... not really right on top of you - while they have to be a bit closer, they could still kill you from the sort of roughly effective shotgun range even with Flak Jacket on (I use Flak Jacket on numerous classes and RC-XD's are usually fatal, but they don't typically get up to knife range to detonate on me)

i suck at it though so i have to get up close and personal and hipfire from point blank if i want a chance at sticking someone D:
Aim for the camping f***ers! :D There is little (bar a good returned grenade, triple kill ftw :D) IMO that surpasses a Crossbow stick when it comes to making you feel great about getting a kill - the impact sound is so damn satisfying, because I always know what follows it :)

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
Er... what does the change in weapon class have to do with how the weapon should sound? o_O

huh? i never mentioned anything about weapon sound o_O that was wiseman

Also, if that is your view, you missed out - the RPD with Grip was a killing machine :cool:. Extended Mags makes it even more awesome
for some reason when i picked up an rpd off a dead body and tried to use it the spread seemed way too massive (although your grip idea might of fixed it) and that experience threw me off of the rpd. i myself an ak47 whore

Er... not really right on top of you - while they have to be a bit closer, they could still kill you from the sort of roughly effective shotgun range even with Flak Jacket on (I use Flak Jacket on numerous classes and RC-XD's are usually fatal, but they don't typically get up to knife range to detonate on me)

i dk man maybe ur unlucky or something but ive survived countless RC's even closer than the 1 shot shotty range. or maybe im just lucky. even then though they are still annoying as hell.

Aim for the camping f***ers! :D There is little (bar a good returned grenade, triple kill ftw :D) IMO that surpasses a Crossbow stick when it comes to making you feel great about getting a kill - the impact sound is so damn satisfying, because I always know what follows it :)

you mean the tsik sound? :p i love that sound when chucking semtexes (semti, semtex, semtexs????). even funnier when its the final killcam and they try to run from it (sticky message doesnt help them apperently ha)

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
huh? i never mentioned anything about weapon sound o_O that was wiseman
I know - your response doesn't really make sense (to me, at least) in the context of what you responded to, based on the quote. Wiseman was talking about the lack of oomph in the AUG compared to the MW2 AUG, and you went on about your dislike for LMG's :p

although your grip idea might of fixed it
IMO, grips are absolutely essential for LMG's in MW2 - scopes were also very fun (sniping with an RPD with Grip and ACOG/Thermal Sight was very impractical, but very amusing :D:D). Not sure about in Black Ops (are there grips even available? I don't recall seeing the attachment)

i dk man maybe ur unlucky or something but ive survived countless RC's even closer than the 1 shot shotty range
Luck shouldn't be a factor when it comes to these things :( If you can get an idea of the distances I'm talking about, an RC-XD would be at the opposite side of the bus/truck to me* and still take me out even with Flak jacket

you mean the tsik sound?
I prefer to think of it as more of a *thunk* :p

even funnier when its the final killcam and they try to run from it (sticky message doesnt help them apperently ha)
That's pretty great - reminds me of a kill I got on Cracked. Lobbed a Semtex at a sniper on a balcony, and stuck it to his head. Just before it detonated, he tried to escape by dolphin diving off the balcony and blowing up in midair :D While it does seem peculiar, perhaps they're trying to find an unwary enemy to take with them to Black Ops hell?

*I've also been killed by them from the corner of the yellow house, when I was standing at the doorway... vicious little bastards of killstreaks, but I usually go straight for a window if I hear one nearby (shooting it would be second on my list of priorities :p)

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
lol i was just makin a general statement bout lmg's. also i think its the RPK in black ops. dont know bout grips though like i said i havnt used lmg's D:

anyway this site:
http://denkirson.xanga.com/735016527/black-ops/
has all the information and stuff on damages and whatnot.
what im trying to figure out is that RC's have a max dmg of 400 and min dmg of 25 over a 6.5m radius. flak jacket makes exp. damage x.35
which means an rc would have a max dmg of 140 and a min dmg of 8.75 over 6.5m, meaning it only has a kill radius of like 1m or so

as how i avoid them, i climb ladders. cant hit me there muahahahaha :3

also, i cant stand cracked. worst, map, EVER

EDIT: only the m60 has a grip attachment, and the m60 kills in 2 bullets close range. slow rate of fire though and slow movespeed makes up for it i think though

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.