Call Of Duty: Black Ops Launch Trailer

Winterherz

Reaction score
Is there anything “Gimme Shelter” can’t make even cooler?

[YOUTUBE]OPTOVQFRggI[/YOUTUBE]

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
Im hoping treyarch doesn't butch it like infinity ward did with mw2.
+ i like the vietnam setting

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
lol it looks just like MW2...they even have jetskiis and snow. o_O

I never got the mass appeal of CoD games.

Vellu

Real eyes realize real lies.
Reaction score
I think I'm done with the CoD francise. Been playing them since the original.
But that trailer looks nice and there is zombie-mode in there, so it would be nice to play it with friends.:thup:

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
All my friends are getting it, but not me, :( I shall be alone.
I'm getting tired of a release every year. But if this is as good as people say it is, I'll get it some time in the future maybe.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
This will probably be the last one I get unless they release a MW3. I need closure on that plot, dammit!

I just noticed that it is actually released today... I am currently at home, feeling quite ill. It just occurred to me that someone might think I'm skiving to play CoD... which I absolutely am not. :rolleyes:

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sure your not ;)

I'm currently at college, but I have it waiting for me at home. I shall play it later and if I remember I shall give tell you all what I think of it.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
So far, fun - have only done the first mission in the campaign, and a few multiplayer games. I'm not sure what the situation is with XBL/PSN games, but PC servers seem to be a bit shaky earlier on (~6pm GMT).

I didn't get a chance to try many servers (most were completely full or completely empty) but it's a mixed bag in terms of whether they are working or not - I was on a server that was down, another (an official Treyarch server) that had a massive amount of lag, and a third one that was just fine (apart from the occasional spike).

I've gotta try out Wager Matches sometime as well :D

Hopefully all these lag and server issues will be cleared up over the next few days, I'd be sorely disappointed if lag was the reason I wasn't being so damn awesome :rolleyes:

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Do remember that treyarch absolutely sucks for their PC versions. Last CoD they did STILL hasn't been patched for the nvidea cards (like mine :/).

World at War worked just fine for me (both on my present PC running with an ATI card, and my laptop running with an nVidia card, which has no WaW-specific issues). IMO, Treyarch have been doing well with the PC releases. I just hope they and GameServers.com get the servers sorted out soon, I can't imagine it doing the game any favours if the multiplayer component revolves around getting a good server.

Aside from a few servers (so far), it seems to be playing just fine for me - absolutely no stalling in singleplayer (graphics maxed in SP and MP), which makes it more likely that my periodic stalling is server-related... I hope :p

*hugs his Radeon 5870*

However, there is an issue (in Black Ops, not WaW :p) where GPU's aren't being utilized fully (or at all) from what I've heard.

Dyslexia://

Reaction score
Treyarch needs to step it up for the PC version. I'm freezing up and everything every 5 seconds, and it's because of the stupid game not being optimized and leaking.
The hot-fix I got today only made it slightly better for the first game. After that the memory leaks piled up and owned me.

Sajin

User title under construction.
Reaction score
In my opinion Black ops is just treyarch's try hard attempt to copy modern warfare. I havn't played the campaign, but from the multiplayer ive played with my friends I already know Im not getting it. In black ops everything seems slower pace even with a 4v4 on nuke town. comapierd to a 4v4 on rust in mw2 the pace in black ops is bull. another thing is that treyarch made pistols almost compleatly useless. I used to run around sniping with my trusty usp but now pistol vs anything else, pistol loses. ALSO the sniping is horriable, is it just me who has noticed that?

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
another thing is that treyarch made pistols almost compleatly useless. I used to run around sniping with my trusty usp but now pistol vs anything else, pistol lose
Clearly, things are broken (balance-wise) if pistols were capable of being makeshift sniper rifles :p

And would you really expect to win with a pistol vs. an automatic weapon/shotgun? I wouldn't imagine secondary weapons (especially pistols) to be super effective. Personally, my opinion (and how I would use them) is that they are situational and/or a backup - if you're out of ammo for your primary, your secondary can (and is perfectly capable of) getting you out of a bind

Also, which pistol are you using? If you're running with the Python, you should have a decent chance of beating someone if you're at an appropriate range, it should only take 2 good shots to score a kill, and it fires quite quickly.

ALSO the sniping is horriable, is it just me who has noticed that?
What's horrible about it? I've noticed some weird shit like headshots not killing (which seems to be an issue with every gun, 2 headshots from an assault rifle really shouldn't leave the target standing :mad:) but I haven't had any major issues with it so far.

PureOwnage

Minecraft Server OP, Inactive.
Reaction score
Could anyone give me some tips as to aiming? I've gotten it for PS3 and I can't seem to transition from PC mouse to PS3 controller too well.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Well change the sensitivity to your liking. That should help a bit.

As far as transitioning between shooter games from PC to controllers, really you just need to get used to it. Since you're not using a mouse to literally click where you shoot, just practice moving the game's cursor/aimer at targets, getting used to the speed and angle, etc. Just pretend your thumb on the controller is like your entire hand on the mouse. o.o

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Sajin

User title under construction.
Reaction score
And would you really expect to win with a pistol vs. an automatic weapon/shotgun? I wouldn't imagine secondary weapons (especially pistols) to be super effective.

No but i would expect to be able to shoot someone in the back 5 times and kill them before they're able to turn all the way around and 2 shot me with the commando :p

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
No but i would expect to be able to shoot someone in the back 5 times and kill them before they're able to turn all the way around and 2 shot me with the commando :p
Which pistol are you using? The Python and CZ-275, when used at appropriate range, are more than capable of taking people down with 2 (maybe 3 for the CZ) shots to the torso. They haven't really failed me yet (although, I don't use them very often since I prefer to take on the role of clearing air support, or being the asshole toting a crossbow)

Alternatively, take a Strela and clear the skies - far more valuable (in gamemodes that aren't SnD or FFA, at least) than a damn pistol :D

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
I kind of enjoyed the campaign for Black Ops - all over the place but great fun to shoot through.

The multiplayer felt like a bit of a let down though. The guns lack the punch that they had on MW2, and it's not like they're a major step back in terms of technology (unlike WaW vs MW1, for example). The pacing feels slower, and I can't say I like having to use points to buy guns. In MW2 it was good to be able to experiment with guns as you just unlocked them as you leveled up, now you've got to pay for them into the bargain. So if you buy a gun which turns out shit, you ain't got no points for other guns anymore.

Just my two cents.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
The guns lack the punch that they had on MW2.

you mean the guns actually require skill to use now?!?!?!

mw2 had ZERO recoil, and i loathed mw2 but i really like black ops. @ buying weapons problem, live and learn. next prestige youll know what to buy, and if ur not prestiging (like me) you can easily buy everything off the menu

also i love the python dual wield cuz it makes me feel like a badass from the wild west.

oh also the 74u is overrated. spectre ftw!
this is prolly my 2nd fav shooter after BC2, i like it even more than cod4 actually.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
you mean the guns actually require skill to use now?!?!?!
No, I mean the guns don't sound heavy, don't feel like they have power behind them. One of my favourites in MW2 was the AUG HBAR, that was completely badass with kick and a real bang behind it. The variant on BLOPS feels weak by comparison.

There's also the problem of RC-XDs, I must've gotten killed a good 5 or 6 times in one match by those things. Worse than the damn Predator Missile on MW2.

Still, it does have the crossbow, that feels pretty awesome to use :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.