Calling creative minds; Need ability ideas here

snmiglight

Reaction score
Calling creative minds; Need ability ideas for Blademaster

Badly need ability ideas here... not for another AOS style map or something, but for a hero simply for WC3 TFT.

Here are the points to consider for my hero. (Yes, only one hero.)

1. Movespeed: - Slow
About 280-290. He's a tank hero anyway.

2. Primary Attiribute: - Strength [Melee]
My hero's role for troops is to tank, that is, to absorb damage instead of his men; though his real theme has nothing to do with sacrifice/martyrdom.

3. Model: - Possessed Hellscream
Yes, my favorite hero model. Abilities must take good use of model's animation such as attack slam especially the spin animation.

4. Skill Set/Synergy -
I want them to be 3-level regular skill and level one ultimate skill. Maybe 3 active skills and a passive one will do.

5. Theme - Vengeance/Counter Attack
In a glance, the hero should look like a typical tank hero, plain and simple, easy to harass and harmless - but highly reactive. A hero with skill that takes him into a deeper level of combat as enemies exhausts his patience, provokes him. A hero that will keep the attacks coming, enduring pain, waiting for an opening to strike back, to counter attack when enemies least expect it, leaving them off guard. A hero that will remind his enemies the saying, "Do not do to others what you don't want to do unto you."

Every ideas are welcome and highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Maybe Dota's Axe may the first hero to come into your mind; i admit, my hero's kinda like Axe's theme, but somewhat different. Axe theme is somewhat like challenges enemies to attack him for him to counter attack. The hero concept i want to show here is not like that; he patiently waits for the enemies to attack him... something like that.

Dirac

Reaction score
Leap: leaps to a target location dealing damage to units with a slam as it arrives. (point target spell)

Spin tactics: spins around for 1 second dealing damage to units nearby (active spell)

Boiling blood: each time the hero attacks there is a 10% chance to increase attack power in 20% to friendly units nearby (passive)

Axe throw: throws your axe to a target point like a boomerang, damaging and slowing units in the way. (ultimate, point target spell)

snmiglight

Reaction score
thanks for posting... but sorry to tell,

i don't see any theme of vengeance/counter-attack from these...

and as of the ultimate... its not a TFT-style ult

(such as starfall, metamorph, transmute, etc.)

thanks anyways... i'll consider your suggestion, though ^^

EDIT: maybe spin tactics should deal percent of damage taken from past secs... hmm...

keep ideas coming! ^^

Skeith

Reaction score
Since he is a tank....

Block/Parry: It gives X chance to Block (Block X damage) Or Parry (Evade all the attack) (Passive)

Taunt: Its good for a tank, when used give a bonus to some stat and attract the enemys attention. (Active)

Fel Orc Armor: Gives bonus X to armor and Strength. (passive)

Fel Skin (ULT): Gives X bonus to armor, health, strength and gives him imunity to spells (Active)

snmiglight

Reaction score
Block/Parry: yes i like this... but it's kinda common.. need a little twist here...

Taunt: yes, it synergize with the skill, but doesn't with the theme.

Fel Orc Armor/Skin: these are what i liked best, i'm considering these..
especially the ultimate. (Fel Orc Skin)

others: none of the skills use blademaster's spin/attack slam animations though...
and there's 2 passive skills, i only need one. :(

thank you for your ideas... ^^

Skeith

Reaction score
Then do like this...

Tornado Taunt: The blademaster do his tornado animation, dealing X damage and calling enemys attention.

emilemil1

Reaction score
:( Aww, why did it have to be a tank, a mage could have something like a channeled center ball of energy, pretty big, that is fired a direction, it has a lightning connected to the hero, walking into the lightning hurts.

Around it, it spins 4 sparks (like the orb of lightning debuff effect)

It moves slowly, and after a while the center ball flashes, blinding people from whats happening to the ball/sparks. After like 0.5 seconds you can see that the sparks have become tiny balls of energy that is slowly draining electricity from the center ball. This creates 4 lightnings spinning around the center ball, hurting nearby units as they grow and the center ball shrinks.

Once the center ball is completely absorbed it cuts its connection to the hero and the 4, now medium sized balls. The hero can now move again. The 4 balls stops to spin and quickly becomes unstable (tiny sparks, shifting in size/color and is shaking. After like 3 seconds they explode, blinding all players that has a nearby hero and sends sparks flying (modified shockwaves), chain lightnings and forked lightnings.

Wouldn't that look awesome. (lets not talk balance :))

Well since you can't use it i guess it is off topic, but someone else might use it :) How cool wouldn't it be to have your own spell in someones map. (not sure if it has been done before)

emilemil1

Reaction score
Then do like this...

Tornado Taunt: The blademaster do his tornado animation, dealing X damage and calling enemys attention.

That would be awesome if it were a standard whirlwind with a tornado inside...that is pulling nearby units in, faster the closer they are!

Skeith

Reaction score
But the tornado is like 1 or 2 seconds duration, it cant do much damage since it isnt an ult.

Xienoph

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
How common is dying in your game? If it's common, you can make the hero do a lot of damage (among other things) to enemies around him when he dies. Would be useful if the hero has an item that can revive after some time. :)

Ability that can make an enemy explode after some time. Think of it like attaching a time bomb to an enemy. This only has a melee casting range, has a small damage and slightly small splash area. The idea is to attach them to as many enemies around the hero as possible, let the enemies surround and pummel the hero, and when the time bombs explode, all the splash damages stack up. ... I'm liking this one ... using it for my own RPG :p.

This one is boring I think. Just have an ability that does damage = Max HP - Current HP.

Ultimate ability? Personally, I'm against ultimate abilities, as it makes the game boring and predictable. If you insist, though, just take the most OP ability and make that the ultimate.

Naga'sShadow

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Here's a few ideas for Gorm.

1. Boiling blood. Active targeted. Causes bonus damage, armor at the cost of life. Simple reverse inner fire with negative hp regen. Lets you hurt a fleeing unit while buffing up a tank or a beefy unit.

2. Chaotic strike. Gorm cleaves his target in twain, dealing random bonus damage. Just a melee nuke that would use the attack slam animation and give some red critical strike style numbers.

3. Demonic lust. Active Self buff. Causes hp degen while in effect but grants him hp for every killing blow he lands under its effects. I could increase some stats like attack and armor as well so you could combine it with skill 1 to be a massive damage dealing tank.

4. BladeMalestorm. Needs a better name, point targeted. Gorm would start spinning and damaging nearby units like bladestorm, but as he moved to his targeted point he'd move in a straight line and bounce of anything he'd hit like a top, dealing damage and going faster still. Using it in a fight would result in a mad spinning monster. Hmm, I think I'm going to use that idea.

snmiglight

Reaction score
sad... i don't even see any spell that has "counter reactive" theme...

for example... spiked carapace, Dota's berserker's blood...

actually i have a skill in mind, though i

don't have any skill ideas that will "synergize" in terms of theme.
Code:
Reversal (Active)

Blademaster spins his sword violently, dealing damage to nearby ground units equal to a percent of dealt damage to Blademaster from the past five seconds

Level 1: Deals 20% of taken damage from 5 seconds. 10 seconds cooldown.
Level 2: Deals 40% of taken damage from 5 seconds. 7 seconds cooldown.
Level 3: Deals 60% of taken damage from 5 seconds. 5 seconds cooldown.

anyway, i appreciate everyone's effort and will consider them.

thanks.

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
Counter rage - active
Activates counter rage gaining a power point every time the hero takes damage. After the rage reaches the limit the hero will go into rage gaining +1 armor, +10% attack and +2% movement speed for each power point. Stacks up to 5/7/9/11 times. Duration 15 seconds, starting when the spell is cast.

Spin dispersion - active
The hero starts spinning for 0.5 seconds damaging nearby enemies for 200% weapon damage. While spinning he becomes immune to spell attacks and will deflect 25%/30%/35%/40% of spell damage in an area around him. 5 seconds cooldown.
The duration is low (0.5 sec) because you need to cast the spell at the right moment, just before the spell hits you.

Rage focus
Marks a target enemy unit with red flag reducing it's armor by 2/4/6/8 and forcing all nearby non-hero units (both allied and enemy) to attack the target for 5 seconds. It also increases damage to those units by 50%/75%/100%/125% when attacking the target.

War blood - passive
Gives +5/+7/+9/+11 hp for each strength point. Also increases hp regeneration by 25%.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Skill 1 Blade Clash.
When the BM is attacked there is a % chance to block refleckt the dmg, back to the oponent.

Skill 2 Defencive stance. When activated, the hero will get +x armor and hp regen for XX seconds.

Skill 3 Taunt. Forces all enemy units to attack him for X seconds. In this state the units will have -10 armor, so they are easy targets.

no idea for an ultimate. I suck at maiking tank heroes :D

snmiglight

Reaction score
Counter rage - active
Activates counter rage gaining a power point every time the hero takes damage.....

Spin dispersion - active
The hero starts spinning for 0.....
The duration is low (0.5 sec) because you need to cast the spell at the right moment, just before the spell hits you.

War blood - passive
Gives +5/+7/+9/+11 hp for each strength point...

oh... someone hears me for the first time... okay...

Counter rage - Very good. Anyway, as i can see it its kinda passive, or casted via trigger. Can you please clarify this? Hmmm... i think it has 3-4 secs cooldown?

Spin dispersion - Another kickass skill. Counter spell caster... +rep!

War blood - nothing much to say about here; but its good. thanks anyway :D

Skill 1 Blade Clash.
When the BM is attacked there is a % chance to block refleckt the dmg, back to the oponent.

thanks again, but i think this skill is quite common; need more uniqueness and a little twist.

effort appreciated anyway ^^

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
i think it has 3-4 secs cooldown?

well the duration is 15 seconds so it's definitely not a 3-4 sec cooldown

I also added a new spell idea btw

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
Counter Stance - Active MP/s (like immolation)
The hero enters a defensive stance, during which he concentrates so much on the attacks he recieves that he is able to easily counter them, although losing the ability to freely attack.

Drains X mana per second (you choose, i dont know if your hero as a lot of mana) and slows the hero's attack by 100% (no attack but still able to target), but gives a 30/40/40% chance to counter an attack, stunning the attacker for 0.5/0.75/1 second and dealing 25/45/65 damage to it.

Skeith

Reaction score
Passive Knockback: The fel orc blademaster strikes the unit with such force with his axe, that the unit is knockbacked and damaged by X.

Dash'n Slash: The fel orc blademaster does a dash and strikes all enemys in a line dealing X damage. The dash calls the enemys attention.

Fel Orc Counter: The blademaster parry the enemy attack and enraged by the Fel Orc Blood attacks the enemy dealing X damage and/or making him stunned for 2 seconds and do an penetrating counter attack at the enemy unit, dealing X damage, and the blademaster hits so hard, that the unit starts bleeding taking X damage per second... (Thats some damage)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.