Calm music

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
Any suggestions?
I need something to relax or fall asleep to. :)

Squll2

je'ne sais pas
Reaction score
Gravity, John Mayer - Is a great one, one of the best relaxtion ones by him, but all his music is relaxing i find :p

Nothing Else Matters - Metellica (can be relaxing..)

Free falling - (The John mayer cover is great)

If you like classical, Pastrol by Baethoven (6th symphony) is great relaxing happy music.

Hotel California - The Eagles

No Happy Ending - Mika (Kind of relaxing.. a bit depressing though :p)

Ill come back with more when I think of them :p Theres a bit of variety in "relaxing" music there so yeah :p

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Listen to some reggae, that stuff is really quite relaxing, like some Bob Marley.

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
what genre you like the most? if its something R&B, Pop or trance/techno ive got tons.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Anything from Explosions in the Sky. They have some not so calm moments in their songs which are built up to. But overall the music is very relaxing and can definitely be slept to.

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
Anything by Boards of Canada will do.

Their stuff is all downtempo/ambient, has a sense of nostalgia to it.

I'd highly recommend their album "Campfire Headphase". Peacock Tail and Chromakey Dreamcoat are from it. The entire album is frankly wicked dandy and picking a favourite song is difficult.

[YOUTUBE]BZ2BT3SBO9U[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]F7bKe_Zgk4o[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]E058DjEvKbs[/YOUTUBE]

Autechre is similar, but a little bit weirder/harsher/darker. Their considered IDM/Ambient. Still, their general sound is smooth flowing and easy listening. I think its suitable for falling asleep to music.

Their songs are all 6-11minutes long, so their ideal for playing and not having to change songs often.

[YOUTUBE]QLXzSefzVWU[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]bRta8dL96HQ[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]v4OvHLdnRI8[/YOUTUBE]

I got your back W/e - assuming your open to electronic.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin

Zakyath

Reaction score
I find just any more electronic/calm album by an artist I like good sleeping to. My personal favourite is the album Paris Kills by the 69 Eyes

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
erm. everything made by this guy

isaacshepard.com

You got great taste :thup:

Boards of Canada is also good (I have listened it plenty). Crono Cross was nice and Newgrounds link (I suggest checking it out, really chilling) -- new discoveries for me. Tons of great music in this thread :cool:

Sintoras

Shaaakaa!
Reaction score
Some Awesome lounge style music:
American Dream Jakatta
Appreciation Jellyfish
Astrud Basia
Day By Day Mark De Clive-Lowe
Don't Hesitate Hill & Funés
Foto Viva Mo'Horizons
I'm Not Here Soul Quality Quartett
Look Around Softsoap
No Ordinary Morning Chicane
Offshore Chicane
Paradise Nookie Feat. Larry Heard
So Sweet Brooke Russel Feat. Gentlemen
Street Tattoo Stan Getz
That Feeling Softsoap
Twisted Ultra Naté

Liquid Dnb is very nice too, like Logistics - The Trip or what the best of the best is Outmode - Dark Journey and I Remember by Deadmau5. Check out the suggestions on juno.com in the genres downbeat/ambient, Nu Jazz, Reggae and Funk.

Ozzdog

Hopeless Toby Driver fan boy
Reaction score
Any person with knowledge of calm music should have suggested Mike Oldfield longgggg ago. Unfortunately, he has not been mentioned.

Check out Ommadawn, Hergest Ridge, Tubular Bells, Amarok etc...

All are extended pieces (40+ minutes), and will put you into a psychedelic doze (but a beautiful one as well)

[youtube]PycZnSWMvi0[/youtube]
[youtube]aFGB9HJaVXA[/youtube]

Enjoy.

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
Got trouble falling asleep, well then, I got a challange for you. The band (or whatever you wanna call 'em) Juno Reactor made an about 61 minute long song. I have never yet managed to listen to the whole song before I fall asleep.

It's some strange shit, but I like it. Here is the first part on youtube, others are to be found there. (But I keep the whole song on me Ipod)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zZ5y-mHKQU

I got shitloads of songs that helps me relax and/or fall asleep, here is a couple of them.

Sting - Englishman in New York
[YOUTUBE]JQQkI4W6_r8[/YOUTUBE]

Moby - Everloving
[YOUTUBE]hUD7m3MZOt4[/YOUTUBE]

Mulatu Astatke - Yegelle Tezeta (This stuff is more for some deep relaxin)
[YOUTUBE]snHzqUP8Zeo[/YOUTUBE]

Pink Floyd - Shine on you crazy diamond (You should listen to the full version tho)
[YOUTUBE]XyDEbJheHe4[/YOUTUBE]

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
"She Don't Want the World" by 3 Doors Down. Good vibe.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
the thing that wakes you up is not the noise but the change in noise. So if you have loud isaac shepard music up, you will still go to sleep (ofc) but if you put that thing on sleep and it turns off in 90 minutes. itll wake you up. Which is the reason why im up at 3:58 AM EST. I put isaac shepard music on too loud. :/

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.