Camera adjusting [Advanced]

Str4ndb3rg

Cool Member
Reaction score
Hey I just saw this guy on youtube and I got so facinated by hes idea.

How do I adjust the camera to be etc sideways/2D Two dimmensioal.

EDIT: I searched and this seems very difficult so I changed my opinion a little bit. Is it possible to make it first person and still use the mouse to move?

Xan_Kriegor

I can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
How do I adjust the camera to be etc sideways/2D Two dimmensioal.
It's still very much a 3D camera, but what I think you mean is zoomed in like the video to make it feel like a 3rd-person view instead of an overhead view. My guess is that the player has their camera locked onto a target (their hero) so that it follows them around, and then periodically checks the facing angle of their unit to change the angle of the camera. I'll do some testing later today to see if I can emulate it.

With regards to "still using the mouse to move", that's always there unless you get rid of it. There is no inherent FPS camera in WC3 that enables WASD/arrowkeys and disables mouse movement. So to answer your question, yes.

Str4ndb3rg

Cool Member
Reaction score
Okey, I downloaded a demo of third person. The triggers were very hard to understand for me.
I would just get pleased if I could have the camera zoomed in a little bit and camera locked to the your hero.

Can you help me?
If it helps I'll explain a little about the map.
The map is small and the concept is for a Undead overlord to hunt down all the survivors. The survivors job is to escape.
When the game starts you choose a survivor from a tavern and a Undead hero from another tavern.

Kind regards

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • jonas jonas:
    Cool, I went 14+7 and 7+3 before, but the first time the 7 just meant not entering crowded places, the second time I had to stay in the quarantine hotel because I'm 外国人 and don't have a home where I could self-isolate
  • jonas jonas:
    Do you have family in taiwan?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    man at this point better for Tom to not say on the public internet just saying
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am sure we have posted news here that has pissed china off though I have not heard anything
  • jonas jonas:
    Your website isn't blocked by GFW so much is for sure :p
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Do you have family in taiwan? <-- Yes.
  • jonas jonas:
    Cool, enjoy your vacation!
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Have a great vacation Tom!
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Friday Night!
    +1
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday Night!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Going out of a town for the weekend will be back sunday night! Hope everyone has a great weekend!
    +2
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Monday!
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Monday? Speak for yourself. :p
    +2
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Taco Tuesday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Tacos! :)
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Check out the discord for taco pictures :) You cannot put pictures in this chat
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Damn here come the bots again - 193 online but they are totally invisible to any stats - bunch of bots!'
  • C cubanismo:
    Re: Taco Tuesday, if there were some way to share edible tacos over the internet, technology would be complete.
    +2
  • The Helper The Helper:
    One can only wish!
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I'm back from Taiwan
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am reorganizing the site I know nobody will notice but I am not done quite yet but the main forums order has been changed and there is a new news category in Other News which is all the remaining headline news stuff not categorized - Headline News is just the stuff that shows on the main page now and the news archive is off the main forums page
  • The Helper The Helper:
    and the real archive lives off of headline news

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.