Camera adjusting [Advanced]

Str4ndb3rg

Cool Member
Reaction score
Hey I just saw this guy on youtube and I got so facinated by hes idea.

How do I adjust the camera to be etc sideways/2D Two dimmensioal.

EDIT: I searched and this seems very difficult so I changed my opinion a little bit. Is it possible to make it first person and still use the mouse to move?

Xan_Kriegor

I can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
How do I adjust the camera to be etc sideways/2D Two dimmensioal.
It's still very much a 3D camera, but what I think you mean is zoomed in like the video to make it feel like a 3rd-person view instead of an overhead view. My guess is that the player has their camera locked onto a target (their hero) so that it follows them around, and then periodically checks the facing angle of their unit to change the angle of the camera. I'll do some testing later today to see if I can emulate it.

With regards to "still using the mouse to move", that's always there unless you get rid of it. There is no inherent FPS camera in WC3 that enables WASD/arrowkeys and disables mouse movement. So to answer your question, yes.

Str4ndb3rg

Cool Member
Reaction score
Okey, I downloaded a demo of third person. The triggers were very hard to understand for me.
I would just get pleased if I could have the camera zoomed in a little bit and camera locked to the your hero.

Can you help me?
If it helps I'll explain a little about the map.
The map is small and the concept is for a Undead overlord to hunt down all the survivors. The survivors job is to escape.
When the game starts you choose a survivor from a tavern and a Undead hero from another tavern.

Kind regards

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.