kaftis10

Reaction score
is there a way to make my hero camera zoom out some more
without have to lock it on him or create a new camera witch i dont know how

let me know..

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Not sure what the exact trigger would be as I haven't used WC it for like years, but you should be able to set the action to move the camera upwards when whatever event is fulfilled.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
You can set the 'zoom' with a function that says something about distance from unit, etc. (Sorry no editor with me atm)

You need to know that the common range of views are approximately something btwn 800-1500. Anything out of that range seems to look slightly odd.

I think its under Animation or Camera.

PS: Although English may not be your first language, please say 'which' instead of 'witch'. Might get yourself into some trouble :p

kaftis10

Reaction score
still havent found it i m afraid every trigger i meet is either timed either is needable to create a new camera

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
lol no problem, the trigger I have in mind does have a time. But set this to a low value such as 0.1 and it should adjust to that range almost instantly. This range/zoom is only set back when re-adjusted or reset.

You could use a camera, but that's not as efficient as merely setting the range.

(I think that time, is the time taken to adjust to that range, and not the time it stays at that range)

kaftis10

Reaction score
Camera - Set Player 2 (Blue)'s camera Height Offset to 800.00 over 1.00 seconds

found this trigger and some other but the height seems to leave when i zoom or unzoom

kaftis10

Reaction score
Camera - Pan camera for Player 2 (Blue) to (Player 2 (Blue) start location) with height 800.00 above the terrain over 1.00 seconds

this one is better the height stays when i zoom but it leaves alone after a period of time

Squeekems

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
What I do is set up a periodically timed trigger to lock in the camera settings I want the player to have.

I think this may be incredibly inefficient though. Lol.

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Shouldn't it be something like this?

Trigger:
  • Camera
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.10 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Camera - Set Player 2 (Blue)'s camera Distance to target to 1000.00 over 0.00 seconds
      • -------- Use the next action only if you want the camera to follow your hero at all times --------
      • Camera - Lock camera target for Player 2 (Blue) to (Your_Hero), offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default rotation

You can set the distance to whatever you want. However I seem to remember if it is set to more than 1200 the camera will be so far away, that the screen starts to get darker.

Wratox1

Reaction score
You can set the distance to whatever you want. However I seem to remember if it is set to more than 1200 the camera will be so far away, that the screen starts to get darker.

that depends on your map, in some maps the players have visibility modifiers over the whole map which makes you able to set the cameras range to more than 1200 without worrying about the darkness..

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
oke found it -> Camera - Set Player 2 (Blue)'s camera Height Offset to 1000.00 over 0.10 seconds

If you want to make sure the camera stays there. You will need the periodic event as well.
The 0.10 seconds you have in your action there, merely tells the game how long it will take to apply 1000 Height Offset :)

Edit: Spelling

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.