WIP [Campaign] Fallen Monk

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
Thanks for the huge feedback! <3
Some of these issues are already known to me, and a few of them are actually already fixed.
The rest.. I'll get working on asap! -Thanks. :)

The ultimate ability is already coded. It needs playtesting (coming in the next version.) :p

Exide

Reaction score
*bump*

What do you guys think?
As of now, the 'Magic Resistance' ability decreases SpellPower damage only. (The regular damage, caused by the spell - for example level 3 Pain 100 hp damage -, will still apply.)

Should I keep it like this? (That way you will always do some damage, at least.) Or include those 100 hp damage in the Magic Resistance?

Advena

Just casually observing atm ;)
Reaction score
Exide said:
Should I keep it like this, (that way you will always do some damage at least) or include those 100 hp damage in the Magic Resistance?
Tbh, I was thinking when I playtested lats time now, something like "Magic resistance my ass, he's barely taking any damage at all".. so I think this is a good idea ;)

Another thing btw!
Many creeps should have slightly higher base hp imo. It wasn't too easy really, but a lot of things could very well be a little more difficult :)

neckface

terrain contest winner! :) dance contest loser. :(
Reaction score
Code:
The Spectral Nova affects all enemies within 650 AoE, dealing damage to everyone equal to their total hp [B]lost [/B]/ 2! 
Also heals the caster for spellpower / 2 hp.
Cooldown: 60

I don't think you meant to have that bolded "lost" in there?
If that's the case, this spell damages an enemy by half of its total hp?

Yowch thats strong! It should have a damage cap, eg can do a maximum of 2000 damage (or whatever).

Also--its another direct damage spell! That gives our hero three direct damage spells and one summoning spell.....

I demand more diversity in spell abilities! :D

I'm like thewrongvine.... i want to test this again (and other maps) but soooooo busy this week.

Advena

Reaction score
Just a friendly tip, wait for next release before you play it through.
It will come pretty soon I think, and it will most likey be better than the current version.

I can assure you it is good though ;)

Exide

Reaction score
I don't think you meant to have that bolded "lost" in there?
If that's the case, this spell damages an enemy by half of its total hp?

Yowch thats strong! It should have a damage cap, eg can do a maximum of 2000 damage (or whatever).

Also--its another direct damage spell! That gives our hero three direct damage spells and one summoning spell.....

I demand more diversity in spell abilities! :D

I'm like thewrongvine.... i want to test this again (and other maps) but soooooo busy this week.

The ultimate picks all enemy units in a 650 AoE, adds up their total hp lost, and then deals that amount of damage to everyone (- Magic Resistance). :p
For example: 3 units around our Hero, they are all of the same type and have 1000 max hp. Two of them has 800hp left and one has 600hp. = (200x2 + 400) = 800. -All three units die - pwnage! (Unless, of course, they have magic resistance.)

A damage cap might be a good idea. :p

>I demand more diversity in spell abilities!
-So do I, but I don't have any good ideas. :(

Side-note: I haven't even started working on balancing the campagin yet (will do before v1.00 is released), so whatever you see today and before v1.00 is just beta and might change crazily. :p

Thanks everyone for the replies. :)

Advena

Reaction score
Exide said:
The ultimate picks all enemy units in a 650 AoE, adds up their total hp lost, and then deals that amount of damage to everyone (- Magic Resistance). :p
For example: 3 units around our Hero, they are all of the same type and have 1000 max hp. Two of them has 800hp left and one has 600hp. = (200x2 + 400) = 800.
-All three units die - pwnage! (Unless, of course, they have magic resistance.)

A damage cap might be a good idea. :p
Well sure, a damage cap might be a good idea, but even better would be to divide that number (which I underlined in the quote) by 2 or 3, or even 4.
Makes it a lot more strategy-required than just "-oh look, half hp on those creeps! -cast spell -yay, dead creeps" imho.
All in all, I think it's got potential to become a very nice spell in the end ;)

Exide

Reaction score
New Version available.
-All download links can be found in the first post of this thread.-

2008-10-01: v0.92 Beta
This version is mainly to test the ultimate ability. Any feedback on it will be greatly appriciated. :thup:
Read the changelog for more info.

Enjoy. :)

Epicgamers

Reaction score
Screenshots look nice.

1 question:
How am i supposed to play this, i put it on my warcraft III maps - Downloads, can't play it on warcraft - did everything can't play.
Can't play via-world editor.

Uhh?

neckface

terrain contest winner! :) dance contest loser. :(
Reaction score
You must put it in the campaigns folder, then play a custom campaign............... ;) :p

Exide

Reaction score
*Bump*

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
WHAT! You don't have good ideas for abilities? And you didn't ask me!? :( I'm hurt. :p

Check out me idea thread. Though I'm not sure if we have any dark skills... wait, we do, ocularis infernum!

Um, seriously, if you need any ideas, just ask us. :) I shall check out the new version when I can.

Exide

Reaction score
Today is exactly two months since the last version was released.
Now I'm releasing version 1.0! :thup: (First post updated.)

There are probably still some bugs and balance issues, though.
Hopefully (with enough feedback) the next version will take care of that. :p

Enjoy.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Yay, I have more time now! Actually, today and tomorrow will be very busy. :) But in general, more free time! So I will try it out when I can.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

jube1412

Reaction score
Good campaign, mate...+rep :)

Your terrain kickass ;), thumbs up!...Although the outland level terrain seems not as well as the others...

These are the bugs I found, util now:

-the Mushroom finding quest, in some levels its name disappear
-the minimap, in some levels it is partially visible and when I visited those levels again, the map became completely black, which is weird and annoying...
-the spider statue food offering quest, when I completed the quest, the message stating the number of offered food still appeared when I passed those statues again...
-the exp thing...why did you cap level at 10? When I reached level 10, there are still quests that adds EXP for me, which are pretty useless...

And I think there are still more cuz I haven't finished the campaign yet...will test it tomorrow...:)

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Yes, it is very easy to get to level 10. :) It's for a lower playing level so that it doesn't go like crazy levels. The EXP gain rate would be lowered I think he said. Or something.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Immolation

Reaction score
Tested it right now. Quite good campaign, but the ultimate is waaaaay too strong. You should weaken it a bit. Example:

There are 2 enemies with 500 HP and 1 with 700(1000 hp total). Now, casting the ultimate will kill every monster like if they were pie.
That would mean: (500*2)+300=1300 damage to all enemies. Too powerful, isn't it?

A good solution should be:
(500*2)+300=1300/3(number of enemies)=433,33333... And of course, some of the damage is resisted due to spell reduction.

(It is still pretty powerful though) :p

Anyway, great map. You should increase the level cap, and make it more RPG-ish. You should remake the spells though, they're a bit similar.

Overall, great map. If I had to vote, you'll get a 8/10 :thup:.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.