Can anyone decipher my weird dream I had last night? I wrote a rundown here.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's the rundown of my following dream I had last night:

---------------------------------

I've been having this sort of dream for 3 straight nights.

I'm an elementary school student, grade 3, in Japan, of unknown providence/county, and of unknown school name. I still retain my college level academics, and know what a fraction is, and they are teaching fractions when I stepped into the classroom. Not knowing what the teacher is saying, and not knowing what everyone else is saying, I seemed to be introduced to everyone and was asked for a name.

My mind blanked out, not knowing what my name is, where I'm from, how to say "Hello" in Japanese, etc. Everything went racing around in my mind. People started staring at me, the responses that you get when peer pressure suddenly jumps to dangerous levels. Sweat started trickling down my cheeks and forehead.

Then, I saw my teacher pointing at an empty space. What was it? It's an empty spot. I dashed across the room, very close to the cabinets cornering the classroom walls, and sat down in the empty chair. Everyone then stopped staring at me, and continued with their math lessons.

As time passed by, I began to think of a plan. A plan that requires exploring my surroundings. I need to know why I'm here at an elementary school, why I'm in Japan (because I can see Hiragana characters written on the chalkboard), what am I supposed to be doing here, and all other question I forgotten.

Quickly, I waved to the classmate sitting on my left, and ask for a paper by pointing out and doing hand gestures. Initially, the classmate don't know what I'm doing, and whispers to me. I repeat everything, then pointing at objects with my finger. The classmate finally gets it, and handed me a pencil and paper.

Since I'm in Japan, the teacher should be able to read kanji characters (or Chinese characters). I wrote down "???", walked to the front of the classroom with everyone looking at me, handed the paper, and bolted out the door. The teacher started to give chase, but stopped to read the paper, then yells something I wouldn't care about.

I jumped down a flight of stairs, dashed towards the main entrance of the school, ran outside, and halted. Where am I? Tokyo or Kyoto? So many people walking, looking at cell phones, a few running, and most of them wearing business suits. Walking around, I see a lot of strange symbols and weird commercials flying around. I realized from that point on, I'm in a dream. I can do whatever I wanted.

I was wrong. I can't spit fireballs or use psychic powers. Took me a long while before I realize this. Then, in the name of science, I asked myself, "Am I immortal?". I decided to run towards a speeding traffic and get hit by a car. I found a nice place, and immediately carried out my plan. Jumped, saw the white car's driver's face in horror, I gleefully waited for a painful strike in my ribs. Then a "AUGH!" came out from my mouth, and a female high school student "saved" me. I stared back at her eyes, in disappointment, then looked back to the traffic, only to see the white car's driver hollering in anger, a bunch of cars queuing up behind him, and traffic halted.

I pushed the female student away, not listening to her (since I don't know what she's saying), and ran towards the nearest non-stopping traffic. Hearing some more footsteps, I looked back and saw the same female student, along with some police officers, probably due to me doing dangerous stunts back there. I went ahead, got onto the road, enter the green light zone, hold out my hands, and pray that I get this over with. "AUGH!". Again, this time, the police officers jumped at me, pushed me away, and stopped the oncoming vehicle. This time, I'm mad. With a Roundhouse Kick, I toppled over a police officer, knocked out the gun from the pocket, and picked it up. I aimed it towards my head, and pulled the trigger. I closed my eyes, and smiled.

BAM!

Nothing happened. I opened my eyes to a puff of white smoke. The gun, for some reason, fired something, but nothing harmful came out. Everyone was staring at me, bewildered at a kid doing a suicide.

I threw the gun away, turned, and ran away, closing my eyes. It feels as if the dream wants you to stay alive, and keep you inside. A surge of fatigue starts to build up, and I opened my eyes to a white ceiling. I woke up.

Checked the alarm clock, and saw that it's 3:18 PM. That's not a normal dream at all...

------------------------

Can anyone decipher it?

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
I don't think dreams really belong here, especially when most dreams are just raw subconscious thoughts. I don't think anyone here would be suited to help you.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
I don't think dreams really belong here, especially when most dreams are just rare subconscious thoughts. I don't think anyone here would be suited to help you.

Yeah...

Unless you believe these sort of things tom_mai.

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
I've got to disagree with you two; that's more of a story than some of the things on here, and I find it to be a perfectly acceptable piece of prose. The subconscious is a powerful device, and I believe that many writers extract some of their greatest concepts through their subconscious. The fact that he pulled a story straight out of it shouldn't be shunned in any sort of way, I wouldn't think.

On a different note - that's a pretty trippy sounding dream, bud, especially since it's recurring. I liked the idea behind your need to test the realness of the dream by causing harm to yourself (the whole, 'Pinch me, I'm dreaming,' thing), and the fact that the dream was almost inescapable; that is, until you'd accepted that you couldn't hurt yourself. Your grammar is better than it could be, but you should be careful about writing in the proper tense (i.e. past, present and future). Aside from that, I fairly enjoyed it. Nice quick read, with an interesting twist on my idea of the average dream.

Oh, and after reading the title again... sorry, I've no idea what that dream could possibly mean. Perhaps you're planning on winning a dream vacation for two to Japan, but that's just talking out my ass. Dreams are too complicated for lazy minds to ponder. Good luck.

(And I'm not trying to bash ya'll in any way, keep in mind!)

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Oh, you're right Fatmankev, I just didn't fully read Ninva's line, ha. Dreams definitely should be posted here, too. I just meant with the part of interpreting it, that we wouldn't be able to do that. But yeah, post your dreams away!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.