Can anyone explain me Point Value and Priority?

Never_Quit

Reaction score
I believe...
Point value is used when a player's unit's are tallied up at the end of a game.

and I'm pretty sure that priority has something to do with AI and organized troop movement.

Jedi

Reaction score
You mean priority in object editor?

For units,
AI will try to kill unit which has high priority than others.

For abilities,
You know spellbreakers from Tft and their ability(steal a buff from someone)Lets say a spellbreaker saw 2 units.One of them has Bloodlust(that ability has 11 priority), and the other one has inner fire(has 10 priority).Spellbreaker will think "inner fire sucks, I will steal Bloodlust HAHA!

canons200

Reaction score
i think the Point Value is for selling purpose or for setting the selling value.

Because under the trigger >> "Player - Add 1000 to Player 1 (Red) Current gold", you are allowed to change the 1000 to the Point value. >> "Unit - Point value of unit"

At such, let say you are selling level 5 tower, just set the value there and the selling value will be that value. So you can have different selling value for different level towers.

Nherwyziant

Be better than you were yesterday :D
Reaction score
i think the Point Value is for selling purpose or for setting the selling value.

Because under the trigger >> "Player - Add 1000 to Player 1 (Red) Current gold", you are allowed to change the 1000 to the Point value. >> "Unit - Point value of unit"

At such, let say you are selling level 5 tower, just set the value there and the selling value will be that value. So you can have different selling value for different level towers.

this

DL.PIGGY

Reaction score
Custom values of units are values which can be changed in-game via triggers. Often used for making MUI triggers.
Point values are pre-stored integer for units. Can come in useful for saving certain infomation like icons of the unit for multiboard (As is what im using them for)

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score

thats completly nonsense, you can add there any type of integer you like.

1).
Point value is for the score at the end of the game, pretty useless in custom maps beside having another integer variable attached to unit types.
2).
priority has something to do with the hardcoded AI of the wc battle system though nobody really seems to know what exactly it affects. i doubt even the blizzard staff knows it exactly.

canons200

Reaction score
thats completly nonsense, you can add there any type of integer you like.

1).
Point value is for the score at the end of the game, pretty useless in custom maps beside having another integer variable attached to unit types.
2).
priority has something to do with the hardcoded AI of the wc battle system though nobody really seems to know what exactly it affects. i doubt even the blizzard staff knows it exactly.
obviously, we can add any value we want, but with this point value, it makes easy for setting the selling tower gold, but of course you can use for your own selling value.

With this point value, you need only few action, that is event a unit use ability(sell) then remove unit and add point value ($) to owner

but if your map has 100+ towers, how do your set the selling price without using point value? for what i can think is to use the same event but the condition is now changed................if unit type of triggering equal to A, then remove and add $(this $ is not settle, at such if A is sold, then add this amount of $),........equal to B then remove and add $, and etc until the last of your tower, which is hardwork because you never use it for setting the selling tower price.

of course, i am not saying point value is ONLY for selling tower purpose, but mainly, for those who make TD game, will use it for setting the selling tower price.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
obviously, we can add any value we want, but with this point value, it makes easy for setting the selling tower gold, but of course you can use for your own selling value.

With this point value, you need only few action, that is event a unit use ability(sell) then remove unit and add point value ($) to owner

but if your map has 100+ towers, how do your set the selling price without using point value? for what i can think is to use the same event but the condition is now changed................if unit type of triggering equal to A, then remove and add $(this $ is not settle, at such if A is sold, then add this amount of $),........equal to B then remove and add $, and etc until the last of your tower, which is hardwork because you never use it for setting the selling tower price.

of course, i am not saying point value is ONLY for selling tower purpose, but mainly, for those who make TD game, will use it for setting the selling tower price.

he doesnt make any td, he was asking what that value is doing and you didnt give him the correct answer, you said what you would do with it but thats the second step.
(off topic: you can use any value for the selling, hitpoints, mana, etc etc, what you are saying is just that the point value is that useless for custom maps that its the first to be used for stuff like that.)

canons200

Reaction score
he doesnt make any td, he was asking what that value is doing and you didnt give him the correct answer, you said what you would do with it but thats the second step.
(off topic: you can use any value for the selling, hitpoints, mana, etc etc, what you are saying is just that the point value is that useless for custom maps that its the first to be used for stuff like that.)
lol, i am sorry for that, i doesn't know what i said will mean like that. So in short, the point value is just for the ending score?

Seprest

Reaction score
I think priority effects the order in which AI will try and attack targets, however, it obviously doesn't obey the order always. I have tinkered with the value before to try and change AI behavior.

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
When you say end-game score, do you mean the score screen that comes up after leaving or finishing the game? And how exactly does the point value affect these scores?
I think priority effects the order in which AI will try and attack targets, however, it obviously doesn't obey the order always. I have tinkered with the value before to try and change AI behavior.
In the priority, is it the lower or larger number that is prioritized?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
yes its the score after the game is over, there is a part of the points given for units/buildings you have built. the point value determines how much points you get for that particular unit/building.

and as far as i remember i've tried alot playing around with the priority but it doesnt really make a difference, either it doesnt work or is too complex to be worth trying.

Curo

Why am I still playing this game...?
Reaction score
I think priority has to do with how the AI chooses attack targets. But remember that the AI also chooses attack targets based on other aspects such as armour type and health amount, so these can give you conflicting results.

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
yes its the score after the game is over, there is a part of the points given for units/buildings you have built. the point value determines how much points you get for that particular unit/building.
So it doesn't affect the killing of units? Like giving weak units a lower point value and more powerful units a higher point value?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
i do not know exactly, now that you mention i havent really thought about it cause i didnt cared anyways. however as far as i remember (i might be wrong though) almost all standard units got the same point value of 100.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.