can map be converted to mod? i have a mod i was given and i want to convert it.

Xeno Yoxa

Reaction score
because i don't want to start all over again... aka. the mod has dark archon in it. oh theres a catch i want the mod to have no terrain. and be just the same as a newly created mod... only with the added dark archon/spells. reason is... it causes less errors that way.

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
I have heard that you can rename the extension of your map from SC2Map to SC2Mod and then just delete all of the terrain data from your map. I haven't tried this though.

Xeno Yoxa

Reaction score
but what files do you delete from the map...? i mean what are the files to remove from it aka terrain lol. another words i see more than 1 terrain object.

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
I imagine it would be all of the files that start with the prefix "t3". Like I said, I haven't actually tried it and you should probably make a backup and delete those files and see how it goes. I think you need an MPQ editor to delete the files.

Xeno Yoxa

Reaction score
hmm i would like to know though the exact files... but ok... ill try it as is till i get a definitive answer. it would be nice if someone could give me an answer as to what files are needed to be removed.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.