Can someone contact Hiveworkshop for me, UGH lol (Idk where to post this, feel free to move it mods, its been a while)

Dregonx

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
So I've been getting the run-around with the support over at Hiveworkshop.com because I guess they had some data breech who knows when, and me having not logged in, in who knows how many years, but my last post about anything was like 2009 I think(on there), I have been trying to re-access my account.

Now apparently for some stupid reason, the email for my account is not the same email I have always had on Hive, I guess benefit of the doubt maybe I just gave them some random fake one because at the time I didn't want to give them a legit one? I have no idea it's been 11 years too long to recall, but regardless, I can't even give them my old password, because all the passwords were reset in this "breech" I guess.

So the support over there has been giving me the run around about if I could juuuuust prove to them that I have access to my TheHelper account and mention the fact that I have an account over on hive, this is "proof for verification". I also made a freakin video recently on my YouTube with me logged into my TheHelper account, but apparently the support won't even watch it, because ya know, I guess a video isn't proof enough? IDK, its annoying.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Where have you contacted Hive? Are you using the Staff Contact forum?

Dregonx

TH.net Regular
Reaction score

Where it says:

If you don't have access to the email account or don't get an email:
Use this 'Contact Us' link.

Edit: I've been emailing the support back and forth, they've stopped responding since the 27th.

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
Is it Ralle replying to you?

The issue is that you don't even know the email address assigned to your Hive account. I see the account over there but it's hard to correlate anything since the profile is rather thin. The last account activity was in 2017. Did Ralle say that if you can show you have access to the account here that he would restore your Hive account?

Dregonx

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
So here's a direct copy/paste of the email from their support, idk who it is, it just has their support email address.

What I mean is. You claim that Dregonx is the same person on HIVE and TheHelper. I cannot verify that yet.

1. Do you have access to the TheHelper account? If not, we need another way of verification.
2. Did you ever on TH or on HIVE mention that you have an account on the other site? It would prove that the two are connected, and if you have access to the TH account it would be your "way in".

Dregonx

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Also here's some more proof:

This is literally me making the EXACT same post on here, that I also have on Hiveworkshop.com.

Edit:

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
Cool. Yeah and I see your avatar here is the same as Hive's and the log doesn't show you've changed your avatar recently. So that is another piece of evidence.

Do you want your Hive email to match the email you have on your account here?

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
I've updated your Hive account to match the email you have here. See if you are able to reset your password and access the account now.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    So what it really is me trying to implement some kind of better site navigation not change the whole theme of the site
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.