Can this ability be made into MUI?

Wummi

Just Relax and Smile!
Reaction score
This is a skill. I don't know if it is possible to be MUI because it requires a region called "CheatBox" to be moved to triggering player, because I create special effects within the region, because I have no idea how to do so otherwise (I mean, making special effects appear randomly in a 1000 range around a unit. If anyone else knows how to do it, please tell me!).

Trigger:
  • Symphony of Frost and Flame Start
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Symphony of 6 Elements
    • Actions
      • Set SOFFCaster[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = (Triggering unit)
      • Set SOFFLevel = (Level of (Ability being cast) for SOFFCaster[(Player number of (Triggering player))])
      • Animation - Play SOFFCaster[(Player number of (Triggering player))]'s Stand Channel animation
      • Region - Center CheatBox <gen> on (Position of SOFFCaster[(Player number of (Triggering player))])
      • Set SOFFBoolean[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = True

Trigger:
  • SOFF Effect
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.10 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
      • SOFFBoolean[(Player number of (Triggering player))] Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set SOFFInterger = (Random integer number between 1 and 5)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • SOFFInterger Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Random point in CheatBox <gen>) using Abilities\Spells\Other\Volcano\VolcanoDeath.mdl
          • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
        • If - Conditions
          • SOFFInterger Equal to 2
        • Then - Actions
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Random point in CheatBox <gen>) using Units\Demon\Infernal\InfernalBirth.mdl
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
        • If - Conditions
          • SOFFInterger Equal to 3
        • Then - Actions
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Random point in CheatBox <gen>) using Abilities\Spells\Human\Thunderclap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
        • If - Conditions
          • SOFFInterger Equal to 4
        • Then - Actions
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Random point in CheatBox <gen>) using Objects\Spawnmodels\NightElf\EntBirthTarget\EntBirthTarget.mdl
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
        • If - Conditions
          • SOFFInterger Equal to 5
        • Then - Actions
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Random point in CheatBox <gen>) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\FrostNova\FrostNovaTarget.mdl
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing

Trigger:
  • SOFF Angel
    • Events
      • Time - Every 5.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of SOFFCaster[(Player number of (Triggering player))] using Abilities\Spells\Human\Resurrect\ResurrectCaster.mdl
      • Set SpecialEffectAngel[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = (Last created special effect)
      • Wait 4.90 seconds
      • Special Effect - Destroy SpecialEffectAngel[(Player number of (Triggering player))]

Trigger:
  • SOFF Damage
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.50 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set SOFFDamageGroup[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = (Units within 1000.00 of (Position of SOFFCaster[(Player number of (Triggering player))]) matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of Player 1 (Red)) Equal to True))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in SOFFDamageGroup[(Player number of (Triggering player))] and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • SOFFLevel Equal to 1
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Cause SOFFCaster[(Player number of (Triggering player))] to damage (Picked unit), dealing 500.00 damage of attack type Normal and damage type Universal
            • Else - Actions
              • Do nothing
            • If - Conditions
              • SOFFLevel Equal to 2
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Cause SOFFCaster[(Player number of (Triggering player))] to damage (Picked unit), dealing 1500.00 damage of attack type Normal and damage type Universal
            • Else - Actions
              • Do nothing
            • If - Conditions
              • SOFFLevel Equal to 3
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Cause SOFFCaster[(Player number of (Triggering player))] to damage (Picked unit), dealing 4000.00 damage of attack type Normal and damage type Universal
            • Else - Actions
              • Do nothing

Trigger:
  • Symphony of 6 Elements Stop
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Stops casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Symphony of 6 Elements
    • Actions
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Triggering unit) using Abilities\Spells\Items\TomeOfRetraining\TomeOfRetrainingCaster.mdl
      • Set SOFFBoolean[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = False

Sorry for long triggering. Thanks!

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
I don't think I'm gonna look through the triggers.. But based on your description, you can create and remove regions, not necessarily make a preplaced one and then move it around.

Wummi

Just Relax and Smile!
Reaction score
So how do you create and move regions and then destroy them, with triggers? Because in order for this to be MUI, a region has to be created for every player that uses it.

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
Trigger
Events​
Conditions​
Actions​
Set regionVar = (Region centered at TempPoint with size (300.00, 300.00))​
Custom script: call RemoveRect(udg_regionVar)​

TomTTT

Reaction score
This ability even working?
Cause i saw in your 2nd trigger every 0.10 seconds, then "If SOFFBolean[Player number of (Triggering player)]... What triggering player? It's a periodic event. BTW there are some leaks in the trigger. Anyway, the main way to make it MUI is hashtables. I find hastables kinda annoying, I'm just starting with it. You should check tutorials about it, try this one.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Is it possible to create a region when a unit casts an ability, then center the region on the unit, and then (optional) destroy it afterwards?

My spell is based on centering a region on a unit when it casts a spell, and then creating random special effects in that region during the duration of the spell. However, if 2 players are to cast this, there's only one region that is being moved around at any given time so the special effects wont show for one of the casters.

Any way to get around this?

Following the above, instead of regions, use a point (x,y is better) and radius (real).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.