Can(Will) Anyone Teach Me DotA?

FannyShaver

Reaction score
Since 7x% of heroes do stun, disable, immobilize or slow name Stunota is quite accurate.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Its simple, download the AI version and keep playing. Only problem is AI won't stop to steal kills so beware :p

decored

Reaction score
1.Hero Picking: This is most important for starters. Know who is your hero. There are ganker, Nukers ,DPs ,Pusher,...For startters hero like drow ranger(Simple point and click heroes no combos) comes in handy. If you are a low health agility heroes stay at the back and let other strength hero do the Tanking and avoid the single lane.
2.Farming: There is this thing called last hitting i.e. to last hit a creeps ally or enemy .To last hit your creeps you need to prees attack button A and click on your creeps
3.Item build:There are different ways of building a heroes. This is mostly based on your skills.If you have hight attack speed Buriza comes in handy and so on
4.Play your part:If your hero is a ganker like pudge, mirana..start ganking at an early game.If you are a fighter try to survive and farm alot for items for most fighter needs items. If you are pusher like prophet just push...;)
5. Know all the heroes well along with their spells-cooldown,mancost and how they work.
6.Know the mechanics well like range units at lower terrain have 25% to miss or dodging most projectile spells with Naga's split image or blink,Juking,Backdooring(attcking creeps and towers before a creeps arrive-This is for more balancing),etc
7.Download many tutorials, videos,replay
8.Avoid frequent 1v1 it can deprive you of ganking skills anf make some heroes completely unusable
9.To know the spells well there is this map called OMG dota where you have to choose a spell This can help you with the spell knowledge.
10.Know the items well which are orb Buff and their stacking problem
11Read the tooltip carefully you will have no problem. Practise using shortcut keys for buying stuffs.
12.No hero is useless and also a capable hero can become useless if given wrong skillbuild itembuildetc.
13.Some may call you noobs. Avoid them becoz in a aggresive game like dota even the mildest mind is blurred.Practise from you mistakes.Always play with people better then you.Never abandin your allies in battle unless ther is no hope.
14.Dota takes at the least 6 months to play fluently.It is the most addictive game I've played so far coz of frequent map release,balancing,new heoes and stuff.
15.I hope you enjoy the game bcoz many games like heroes of newerth,Leaagues of legends are based on it.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
ES is fun to block creeps with. Fissure in the spawn and they are blocked all way.

your not allowed to block creeps at start with abilities anymore.. lol :/

EDIT: hmm actually is this on all servers now? i'm not sure, but its not allowed on the SA Twilight one atleast.

Aedes

Reaction score
i can teach you how to play. ... but if the price is right. hahaha! joke! :D

play with AIs. its the easiest way to learn. check on strategy guides for item builds. it depends on the type you want to play. can be a hitter, support, or ganker.

CrazedPyscho

Reaction score
to seriously get better visit playdota.com go through the rules on the home page (including tips and stuff) check out guides on heroes you like 2 play, see skills + ways to synergize to the max, share your oppions wit other people on the site practise with ai 4 a while then play wit your friends or online on Garena...... simple right?

seriously thats how u get better but thats just with heroes..... you should also be aware of map awareness and teamwork...:banghead:

Whitesock

Graphics Help Zone Moderator
Reaction score
The biggest problem I see with most players (mind you I switched over to hon) is that people who feed don't assess situations properly. They run in without realizing they are going to get rolled. Important things to do are to see if you actual can kill your target or if you really should be alone trying to kill an enemy tower with every enemy hero all of a sudden missing from their lanes. This takes time to get your mind into the game a bit and be able to make judgement calls. Another big thing is CS (creep stats). Every kill matters! Missing 2 easy creepkills a wave can lead to a 40 cs differential in 10 minutes. That could easily be the difference between you having your BKB before that lion hits level 11 or not, a game changer really. To get better? You need to keep playing. Find some friends who will play with you and just think about your moves. Every time you die you should be thinking "why did that happen? Could I have prevented it or did they just make a good play?" Sadly I'm not playing DotA anymore so I can't really help you there, but if you ever transfer to HoN I can help you.

FannyShaver

Reaction score
It's still Stun, Slow, Disable, Immobilize based. One and the same process. Stun, Kill, Buy item, Get Stunned, Get killed, restart the process.

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
Oh look, someone doesn't like the game-mode. Let's all watch as he makes hilarious jokes about it.

In all seriousness, however, you don't need anyone to teach you. Just play with the ai / some friends / in noob games. Reading guides on some other Warcraft 3 sites doesn't hurt either.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    So what it really is me trying to implement some kind of better site navigation not change the whole theme of the site
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.