Can you still embed a SWF file in a forum post?

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
I remembered that I asked for help on embedding a SWF file in a forum post, which is a long time ago (5 years ago).

Something about embedding the SWF with a Google Video tag, you can embed SWF file in a forum post.

But that's the past. I now ask, can we embed SWF in a forum post? If yes, how?

Thanks in advance.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not sure, but having a look through the BB Codes, there is a Google Video tag [noparse][goog][/goog][/noparse], which you mentioned, but I'm not sure if you can actually use it embed swfs or not.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
These are the results, looks like a "no" to me:

[video] tags: [video]http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/2ERM97/patterngame.com/linesuperfollow.swf[/video]

[goog] tags: [goog]http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/2ERM97/patterngame.com/linesuperfollow.swf[/goog]

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Hmm, I am sorry to hear then, but you can always link to it. I will test around and see if anything on Vbulletin can play SWF. Some of the other admins, more experienced than me, could take some cracks at it as well...

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not convinced that embedding flash files is a good idea.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
I understand there may be some issues, things I'm not sure of, involved when it comes to this. Just wanted to clarify why it worked before for a SWF game (that has ParadoX9's background music blaring over a castle you must defend from an army).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.