World Canada: Ottawa Hospital managers, after eating the food for a week, say changes are coming

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Ottawa Hospital CEO Dr. Jack Kitts recently ate hospital food, and you won’t believe what happened next. Well, if you have ever eaten hospital food, you probably will.

He and other managers didn’t particularly like what they tasted and saw. After food managers choked down three meals a day for a week, there was a consensus that things had to change.

The hospital, after hearing complaints from patients for years, is now revamping its patient menus, introducing quinoa salad and other more contemporary foods, ditching its unpopular retro standby, chicken à la king, and contemplating a future in which patients can order room service late in the evening.

“Thank you for raising your concerns with me,” Kitts responded this week to an Ottawa woman who wrote to him, calling the food The Ottawa Hospital serves patients “appalling” and asking him to fix it.

“Our management team has recently eaten hospital food for a week and agrees with your observation that we need to improve the presentation and taste.”

Concerns about hospital food are not new or unique to The Ottawa Hospital. It has long been a kind of punchline of the food world, renowned for its blandness and, at times, its sheer awfulness.

Last edited by a moderator:

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I worked at a kitchen in a hospital once for like four hours.

Wummi

Just Relax and Smile!
Reaction score
Well, I used to work in several hospital in China, and all the doctors and nurses there, along with most of its management team, eat hospital food, and they have done so since those hospitals opened. I guess this isn't a problem in China. From what I can tell, hospital management teams in Canada are much richer and can afford to eat outside hospitals? Or maybe they bring their own lunches?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.