World Canada: Psychologist repeatedly slapped patient’s bare buttocks while yelling ‘feel the shame.'

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
A Montreal psychologist could face sanctions after repeatedly spanking a patient’s nude buttocks during therapy sessions, according to a ruling by Quebec’s Order of Psychologists.

After reviewing the evidence, a three-member tribunal found that Steven Schachter engaged in sexually abusive practices while treating a young man from 2013 to 2014. In testimony before the tribunal, the patient claimed Schachter pulled his pants down to his ankles and slapped his bare buttocks while yelling, “feel the shame,” “feel the guilt,” and “let it sink in.”

This happened over the course of up to 10 therapy sessions, according to the order’s ruling, which was published in July.

Schachter was temporarily suspended from practicing therapy in June 2015, at the beginning of the hearings. He did not appeal the suspension but still works out of an office on Queen Mary Rd.

Schachter lists himself as a mental health consultant and hypnotherapist on his LinkedIn profile. The Montreal Gazette left a message on Schachter’s answering machine but it was not returned on Tuesday.

The patient who launched the complaint had sought Schachter’s help in 2010 to help treat anxiety, panic attacks and self-esteem problems. He was 19 at the time and told Schachter that his father had physically abused him throughout his childhood.

It was the client’s strained relationship with his father that led Schachter to suggest a new “therapeutic method” to address the lingering guilt from his childhood. Though he’d initially refused to be spanked by Schachter, the patient eventually accepted to undergo the “treatment” in September 2013.

Read more here. (Leader Post)

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn. After reading the title I was soooo hoping to find out it was two wimmanz doing it. Always such a disappointment.

By the way: If he was being slapped by his psychologist, why did he continue to go for another 9 sessions?

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Damn. After reading the title I was soooo hoping to find out it was two wimmanz doing it. Always such a disappointment.

By the way: If he was being slapped by his psychologist, why did he continue to go for another 9 sessions?

Because he doesn't know if that's an actual therapy or something else. Usually, doctors who practice in health & medicine tends to be trustworthy for their expertise in those areas. So of course the first few times, nobody is going to suspect a thing.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
You are incredibly naive tom. You would let somebody pull down your pants and slap you on the ass and not question it?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Varine Varine:
    He walked away from the first batch, learned nothing and walked away from the second batch, and then tried to toast it in a saute pan made out of aluminum so it scorched immediately and then I took away and he was sad all day
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    I know our range sucks but it's still a fucking fire down there, I've never measured it but I'm sure it's like a couple thousand degrees.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I wish I had a flat top grill in my kitchen!
  • jonas jonas:
    I wish I could cook asian dishes :D
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You just need a pressure cooker like an instapot for the asian dishes
  • The Helper The Helper:
    they make that stuff easy
  • The Helper The Helper:
    and there is a flat top grill I can buy that will work on my stovetop but it is pricey
  • The Helper The Helper:
    and I have no room for that anyway
  • Varine Varine:
    I have a thing that goes over two burners for my house, but it doesn't work great. I think they make ones that plug in where the coils go but it's not cheap.
  • Varine Varine:
    And yeah if you have a pressure cooker you can do lots of stuff really fast. Depending on what you're trying to do it ranges from really easy to really hard
  • Varine Varine:
    If you want to make tonkotsu broth, you're gonna have a rough time, but if you want to do like stir fries or something that tends to be pretty easy
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Ingredients are sometimes hard to find though, which is why we're doing 'fusion'. We don't have wok burners either, so it'll be kind of a weird transition
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Added another slow cooker recipe - this time a dessert - Slow Cooker Fried Apples https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-slow-cooker-cracker-barrel-fried-apples.192860/
  • Varine Varine:
    I have three teenagers apply for college that all asked for letters of recommendation with like two days notice lol. Like I get it guys, and I'm happy to help, but maybe tell me you need it before you need to turn these applications in?
  • Varine Varine:
    I guess they are literal children, so not exactly the best at thinking ahead. Fucking kids
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Yeah they are just inexperienced and young
  • jonas jonas:
    I'm still horrible at that :eek: often forget things or do things on the last minute
  • The Helper The Helper:
    My daughter is same way
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Saturday people!!!
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am sure nobody cares but I am seriously considering taking the Gaming News forum and just changing it to General Gaming Discussion since I post so much about gaming in the General Discussion Forum
  • The Helper The Helper:
    guests online 487 at 12:30 and none of them show up on the stats - all bots man
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Latest recipe is a great one - I love Philly Cheese and this is Philly Cheese Meatloaf https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-philly-cheese-meatloaf.192935/
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Beep boop
    +3
  • Varine Varine:
    I for one welcome our bot overlords

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.