Health Canadian-made HIV vaccine approved for human testing.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Many have tried and failed to create a vaccine that could prevent infection with HIV. Now, Canadian researchers say they're working on one that takes a different approach.

Researchers from the University of Western Ontario in London, Ont. say they have developed an HIV vaccine that uses the whole HIV virus, unlike other attempts that have used just certain genes or proteins from the virus.

The virus has been genetically engineered to be "non-pathogenic," meaning it can't actually cause HIV in recipients. The idea is the vaccine would prime the body's T-cells to destroy any cells that might become infected with HIV.

So far, the vaccine has been shown to stimulate a strong immune response in preliminary toxicology tests in lab animals, the university reports. But it will be several years before researchers know whether it's effective in humans.

Last edited by a moderator:

Slayer4000X2008

That guy from Canada
Reaction score
I saw this on the news a few months back (before approved for human testing) but forgot to post it.

Next stop, curing cancer or at least helping prevent it.

Syndrome

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
[video=youtube;bEKF80fCpjo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEKF80fCpjo&feature=related&t=0m51s[/video]

I'll be in my underground bunker tyvm.

Weegee

Go Weegee!
Reaction score
[video=youtube;bEKF80fCpjo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEKF80fCpjo&feature=related&t=0m51s[/video]

I'll be in my underground bunker tyvm.

I see this link in nearly every news thread talking about curing HIV or Cancer xD

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.