"cannot connect to battle.net" among other problems

B

bilun

I get an error saying i can't connect to battle.net possibly due to an invalid battle.net server or that I might need to manually connectto the internet if i have a modem.

I have cable so i doubt its the latter

First thing i though of was firewall/routerproblems....I disabled the firewall but why would router problems ffect my computer but not the computers my friendsare using(they can connect to bnet and such just fine)

sonext Itried downloading the patch from online, i did so and ran the patch(v 1.18a), but even after patching the game hosted on lan doesn't seem to show up onthis computer

so if anyone knows how to make bnet work,oreven better make lanwork, i'd appreciate it

Kildare

Reaction score
First off, are you using an ORIGINAL software or a "fake"(pirated) one?

If it's the latter, then you'll need to use a private server. To access a private server, you'll either need a "server installer"(like PvPGN or Blueserver) or a BNGateway Editor. This is if you want to access Bnet.

If you want to use LAN(which in an online case, is actually IP connections), you have to use LANCRAFT.

B

bilun

deffinately not a piratedcpy, unless i got majorly ripped off...i have no sense of direction and was lost in my car for over an hour trying to find comp usa, but thepoint is i bouht the copy in question from comp usa....as for landcraft: if thatstrue why can theother 2 networked computers play lan together?

Kildare

Reaction score
OH, you meant REAL LAN connections. I thought you wanted IP connections(which means direct connection to a host without going to Bnet)...

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
thats somtimes what it says when it kicks u off do to hacking/server down/cd key in-use

M

michigan1224

same error

I have the exact same problem.... i'm not really into computers so i really don't know what anything means but all i know is i have a linksys router (if thats any use) and i don't have dial up, oo ya and its a legit cd key and cd.. so plz help me

mushroom911

I think I should change my avatar
Reaction score
life sucks

Like sgrage said, there are some ppl who hack cd keys and u might have been unlucky :banghead: .... shit happens :(

S

Snjosokk

'Then I recommend contacting the manufacturer of the router. Since we do
not know what kind of router you are using your best bet is to contact the
router manufacturer so you can get technical support on how to configure
it.

For reference when you contact them, you can provide them with the
following informtion:

You will need to forward ports 3724, 6112, 6881-6999

Some firewall programs have preset ports available in their configurations
that are often necessary to be open. One in particular is a connection to
your DNS server. This usually takes place on UDP port 53.

This may sound like gibberish to you but it is information you will need to
provide when you contact your router's tech support.
'

This is a reply I got when i had the same problem. Seems the ports needed werent open on my router. I had to manually go into the router, Select the ports needed and set up my router to allow them.

I still get problems, like only being able to do 1 thing before my connection dies, but atleast i can now get onto the servers :p . I probably missed something on my configuring, but I hope this helps you out :) .

M

michigan1224

about thet post ^ i realy dont know who to call or what lol i dont now alot about computers but maybe u could help with this i have a linksys WRT300N Wireless router

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.