cannot connect to server

U

Unregistered

alright i got bf 1942 today and everytime i try to play a game on the internet it say's cannot connect to server i know its not my connection seen as i have broadband and thats working great. the multiplayer demo i downloaded worked fine. but i am wondering if it has got something to do with my firewall should i turn it off i didnt realy want to mess with it though. any help would be greatly appreciated

W

wakko

Here's a section from ea.com support on firewalls and Battlefield 1942 connectivity:

You need to enable port 14567 on your router, and DMZ hosting.

Allow UDP Port 14567
Allow UDP Port 14690
Allow UDP 22000 (This is only for LAN games, and used by computers on the same network)
Allow UDP range 23000-23009
# GameSpy Master Server UDP Heartbeat:
Allow UDP Port 27900
# GameSpy Master Server List Request:
Allow TCP Port 28900

If you don't want to do that, then yes, turn it off. Although, if you enable DMZ, you won't need to disable it, just remember to turn off DMZ after you finish playing.

If you need to understand what a DMZ is go here:

http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7843

U

Unregistered

thanks for the help after stupid me downloaded the latest patch and turned off the firewall im now wasting away my hours playing bf1942 and yes i do remember to turn my firewall back on after.

C

charliebarki

ya i got dail up is that gonna make the cannot con. message pop up as well or is there onother problem.

You need to enable port 14567 on your router, and DMZ hosting.

Allow UDP Port 14567
Allow UDP Port 14690
Allow UDP 22000 (This is only for LAN games, and used by computers on the same network)
Allow UDP range 23000-23009
# GameSpy Master Server UDP Heartbeat:
Allow UDP Port 27900
# GameSpy Master Server List Request:
Allow TCP Port 28900

can you put that into simpler terms?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.