Cannot Run SC2E (needs update)

cyentw

Reaction score
Hello!

When I try to run Starcraft 2 Editor, it says that an update for starcraft is available and is required to run the editor. I click 'yes', to install, then a 'checking for updates' window comes up, along with a security window which requires me to type in my admin password for the computer. The checking for updates window finishes, then starcraft 2 opens. However, when I go back into SC2E, it says that I still need an update.

Help!

Thanks!

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
Log out as your user or guest account and log in as admin and do the update and mapping from there?

Why does the "checking for updates"-window finish? It is finished checking? Package is downloaded? Or package is downloaded and installed?

Operative system?

Could you take screenshots of these windows and messages, just want to see them myself.

Start Starcraft 2, the game instead of the Editor and look for how far the installation has come? The game is playable before actually downloading and installing it all, some parts for the editor might come later... Might also want to try to start Starcraft 2, and start the editor from within the game.

Else: most of the times reinstalling, or reboot of the computer might help.

Edit: do not tell me you got some anti virus too? Maybe you should disable it during the update....

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.