Can't Figure Out How to Hide Abilities

jedi8955

Reaction score
I have a problem where I'm trying to hide a large number of abilities on a unit.

One race of units in my game has a customization system, which is accomplished by multiple levels of various auras. It's ended up being 30 different abilities that are being modified, all with 5 levels each. When a customization ability is used, it, through triggers, levels up one of the auras which then applies the effect. (The effects are stuff like + damage, - armor, etc.)

To break it up, they're divided into 5 spell books, each with different base orderids with 6 abilities each.

There is no reason for the player to ever see these abilities, therefore, I need to hide the spellbooks.

I tried disabling the spellbooks as I remember seeing, however, when I do that, the units no longer have the modification aura, so when the customization ability is used, the auras do not level up.

I'm probably just completely overlooking something in my lack of sleep haze and crunch-time red bull overload combo, but I just don't see how to hide the books while still having the triggers take effect.

Thanks for any help with this.

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
Well when you add the ability you enable then disable your spellbook, that should hide the spells but still make them work (that's what i do and it works) ^^

Here's what i do:

Trigger:
  • Fanaticism
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Fanaticism
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Fanaticism (book) to (Learning Hero)
      • Player - Enable Fanaticism (book) for Player 1 (Red)
      • Player - Disable Fanaticism (book) for Player 1 (Red)

jedi8955

Reaction score
Well when you add the ability you enable then disable your spellbook, that should hide the spells but still make them work (that's what i do and it works) ^^

Here's what i do:

Trigger:
  • Fanaticism
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Fanaticism
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Fanaticism (book) to (Learning Hero)
      • Player - Enable Fanaticism (book) for Player 1 (Red)
      • Player - Disable Fanaticism (book) for Player 1 (Red)

Hmm, so basically when I go to level up the ability with the trigger, I need to re-enable it, then disable it again? That seems relatively straightforward, I'm going to go plug that in and give it a shot. Thanks!

Edit: Yep, that worked perfectly. Thanks a bunch!

KoJi

Reaction score
Did you need to re-enable it and disable it again when you level up the ability?

GardenofWar

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I have a question, will this only work when using these spells in a spell book? Or can you hide normal and hero spells this way when not placed in a book?

Dameon

"All the power in the world resides in the eyes"
Reaction score
No you don't need to enable then disable a spell book when you level up abilitys inside it, just make sure that the ability inside have multiple levels then level them up. Make sure it is the auras and not the spell book you are leveling up.

Imp Midna

Reaction score
roc: disable spell means you cant level it anymore using the heros skill points. pretty mutch kills your point
tft: makes the spell unavailable for leveling (like in roc), hides it's icon from the heors abilitys if it has that ability and voids effects. If you disable an aura in tft, the auras effect is gone. thats why the spellbook is there, so you only disable the spellbook, not the actual spell.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.