Can't get Used to SC2 editor

MagnaGuard

Reaction score
I duno about you guys but its just so hard for me to transfer from the world editor to the starcraft editor. There are so many differences that I cant settle down in this new editor. I know it's more powerful thats why I'm sticking to it but I dont like it as much.

Vellu

Real eyes realize real lies.
Reaction score
They need to fix the crashing problems in that editor. :(

Trouble

Reaction score
I don't know... I took to it instantly. Everything makes a lot more sense than it did with the WC3 World Editor (and I spent a LOT of time with that one). Everything's a lot more intuitive for me, and you don't have to learn a silly, single-use programming language in order to perform advanced functions.

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
WE was a three course meal. It took a while to eat, and it felt good eating it.
SC2 editor is one of those posh places with 50 sets of forks, knives and spoons with incredibly complex dishes you dont know how to eat. Once you do figure it out though after a while, you'll love it more than WE.

But onto a non-analogical sense, the object editor is hard, but you'll get used to it :D

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
WE was a three course meal. It took a while to eat, and it felt good eating it.
SC2 editor is one of those posh places with 50 sets of forks, knives and spoons with incredibly complex dishes you dont know how to eat.
[del]Once you do figure it out though after a while, you'll love it more than WE.

But onto a non-analogical sense, the object editor is hard, but you'll get used to it :D[/del]

This.

At any rate, I prefer some good old Notepad++ to SC2 Editor.

mapguy

Reaction score
I don't know... I took to it instantly. Everything makes a lot more sense than it did with the WC3 World Editor (and I spent a LOT of time with that one). Everything's a lot more intuitive for me, and you don't have to learn a silly, single-use programming language in order to perform advanced functions.
I can do everything I want in WC3 GUI. And I don't want to spent an age learning a new messed upp and crashed editor. Ill stick to WC3 and god knows someone (non related to blizzard) will lauch some WC4 that will kick SC2 butt.

This.

At any rate, I prefer some good old Notepad++ to SC2 Editor.
Sevion, we really share a point of view. Why don't you stop the SC2 and go mapping some WC3 maps like Im doing right now?

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Because I greatly prefer Galaxy script to vJASS script no matter how frustrating it is.

punwisp

Reaction score
Fyi guys, once wc4 comes out in likely 5+ years, the editor is going to be far more powerful then Sc2, so the learning curve is just going to get harder. But shit after a year, Galaxy will be very easy to learn, including with all the tuts that will come out, and all these experienced users.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Galaxy is already very easy to learn. It's not Galaxy*** that we need to learn. It's the editor.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Which is because the editor is a mess. IskatuMesk made some damn good posts in teamliquid.net, about why sc2 and its editor suck balls.

link1 link2

I would never ever mod anything for sc2, if it wasnt for AoB guys. The direction Blizzard is going with all this stuff is just ridicilous.

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
I saw the first picture of his custom campaign and lol'd

And
In wc3 I consider WoW graphics the minimum level of quality of custom content I want to be adding into the game - I want the game to look BETTER, not WORSE.
that was the part where I stopped reading.

Galdiuz

Creator of Photon Command
Reaction score
Even though the data editor is hard to master, I still like the SC2 editor better, especially due to the changes made to the GUI part of the trigger editor. I really like the label function. :thup:

Attachments

• TE.png
    TE.png
    17.7 KB · Views: 303

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
I saw the first picture of his custom campaign and lol'd

And

that was the part where I stopped reading.

We can have different opinions about the coolnes of his artistic vision or whatever, but most of that stuff makes sense and theres no denying it.

Example being that whatever your artistic visions are, they are most likely impossible to accomplish with current limitations for imported material.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.