Can't Host / Can't Connect to Battle.net and Other Common Fixes

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

oscar

stupid router/me

Hey
My router doesn't have a special mark, but when i get to the router's firewall section where u allow ports and stuff, it says i need an IP with 6 digits and i dont know what to do, pls help

S

steve45377

Can't host WC3

Hello Everyone,
I have tried to all of the known fixes to allow you to host i WarCraft III, like port forwarding, opening ports, turning off firewalls, etc. Nothing works. I have done a traceroute and was hoping some one could translate it in to English for me. Well I'll paste it here, Thanks for any help any one can provide!

---

traceroute to useast.battle.net (63.240.202.139) ,30 hops max,40 byte packet
1 216.166.206.129 (216.166.206.129) 20. 0 ms 10. 0 ms 10. 0 ms
2 64.40.64.1 (64.40.64.1) 10. 0 ms 10. 0 ms 10. 0 ms
3 66.79.82.2 (66.79.82.2) 40. 0 ms 40. 0 ms 40. 0 ms
4 64.94.2.61 (64.94.2.61) 40. 0 ms 40. 0 ms *
5 * * * Request timed out.
6 12.86.102.5 (12.86.102.5) * * 40. 0 ms
7 12.122.85.146 (12.122.85.146) 60. 0 ms 60. 0 ms 60. 0 ms
8 12.122.17.17 (12.122.17.17) 60. 0 ms 60. 0 ms 70. 0 ms
9 12.122.1.174 (12.122.1.174) 60. 0 ms 60. 0 ms 60. 0 ms
10 12.122.16.110 (12.122.16.110) 70. 0 ms 60. 0 ms 60. 0 ms
11 12.123.8.21 (12.123.8.21) 60. 0 ms 60. 0 ms 60. 0 ms
12 12.122.255.50 (12.122.255.50) 60. 0 ms 60. 0 ms 70. 0 ms
13 63.240.193.10 (63.240.193.10) 60. 0 ms 60. 0 ms 60. 0 ms
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.
Traceroute Complete.

niceone

Reaction score
hey

if ya cant host even if ya done everything up there try opening ports at ur modem and router :)

G

Grakelin

Recently I switched my ISP from Rogers to Aliant. My hosting stopped working. D:

So, I go through my router, set the right ports, check my firewall, the exceptions are in good order. I find out while I'm doing all this that my computer had accidentally been hooking to the internet without the router for a little while, so I don't think my problem lies there.

Sadly, nothing seems to work. Is there something I'm missing? Again, my router and windows firewall are set up properly, as I've done this process successfully many times in the past.

G

Grakelin

Yep, I'm using a static IP. I'm totally lost as to what the problem may be.

C

Craw

HI, thanks for the guide, but I have a problem.

I am using 2 routers together for my computer, and when I tried to configure the second one, I cannot access it in my browser because the other one takes precedence. Is there a way to get around this?

Thanks

D

direland

help

i am not able to connect to battle.net...whenever i try it always says, "Unable to connect to battle.net. you may be trying to connect to an invalid server. if you are using a modem you may need to manually connect to the internet before connecting to battle.net"

what does that mean??

V

victorycy

i still have trouble hosting

i did open all the port, but i still can not host. and you said
"Do you have multiple computers using the same external IP address (LAN)?
You must use ports consecutively to allow this to work.
For example: You have internal IPs of 168.192.1.100 and 168.192.1.101.
The first IP 168.192.1.100 would need port 6112, the next IP 168.192.1.101 would need port 6113. "

i am having more then 6 computer in my family, does it mean i need to allow port on all of them????

also what do you mean by test it? i do not know how to test. the reason i know i can not host is that after i creat a game for 10 mins, no one ever joined....

help help please

thx

konerboy

Run piggy Run!
Reaction score
yeah you need to open a port for each computer you want to play on, and give it the specific

and Some ISP's dosn't support ports so you might not have one, can you create without a router?? like with dirrect internet from modem/hole in the wall.

this website is a little better for learning how to open ports

PortFoward.com Guides by router

V

victorycy

yeah you need to open a port for each computer you want to play on, and give it the specific

and Some ISP's dosn't support ports so you might not have one, can you create without a router?? like with dirrect internet from modem/hole in the wall.

this website is a little better for learning how to open ports

PortFoward.com Guides by router

i really do not want to use portfoward, because it is not free... i only play on one computer, but there are 6 more computer in my home, so do i need to open ports on those computers?

konerboy

Run piggy Run!
Reaction score
i really do not want to use portfoward, because it is not free... i only play on one computer, but there are 6 more computer in my home, so do i need to open ports on those computers?

yeah you need to open the port for the computer you want to play on.

the link is a free guide you can follow, pick your router then pick Wc3 then it helps you .. no fee's.

and could you create if you made a connection directly from you modem/hole in the wall, into your computer?? without the router?

M

maxdudemax

i really need help:banghead:

ive tried hosting and it never works.:mad: I also tried it with the firewall off and still nobody comes!!!!!:banghead:

I need help

V

victorycy

the link is a free guide you can follow, pick your router then pick Wc3 then it helps you .. no fee's.

and could you create if you made a connection directly from you modem/hole in the wall, into your computer?? without the router?

sorry, but one more question..

i have having an linksys wrt54g v8, however, it list on protforwarding do not have think link, they have wrt54g v5.v4.v3 etc, just do not have v8....

what should i do?????

thx

V

victorycy

i will make it more clear

the thing connect to the wall (is it the modem?) is motorola SB5100, then the thing connect to the motorola thing ( the roter??) is linksys WRT54G, my computer do not have wireless itself, so there is this thing provide me with wireless, and it is D-LINK DWL-G122

WHICH ONE SHOULD I FORWARD WITH?????????????????????

THX A LOT

A

AcMilan91

Starcraft PRoblem

Please help me!!!i have fast net,and i have badly lags,i forwarded ports and nothing,when i create nobody joins my game,wheni join i lag so much!!!can't even play!!!i have dsl...:banghead:

Dtere

Administrator
Reaction score
Updated links and patch related information. Also deleted dead links in the main thread.

jonagoo

Reaction score
i have done everything imaginable for my router and computer. i have fowarded all the ports, 6112-6119, and ive allowed exeptions in my windows fireall for the ports and warIII, ive even turned off firewall and router and connected my computer directly through the modem and into the wall on both my xp and vista computers but all to no avail if any1 knows whats wrong with it then plz help i have it running on xpservice pack 2 on both (vista only works on that) and i have embarq DSL internet with a 660 series modem. please help me host i would love to sometime for i have made countless games

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.